Strikers who would you get ?

ally_uk

2 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Very fair price, could be the difference between staying up and not.

decent price, good player. Questionable injury record, 32 so wont be one with much resell value. Depends if we want to focus on establishing ourselves for a couple of seasons or thinking about how much we can sell them for in 2-3 years.

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

My sources tell me Newcastle will accept £11m for Callum Wilson.

I saw him at Peppa Pig World once when he was a Bournemouth player, so he might be very keen to get back this way for another visit!? We can offer even easier access to Romsey too 🐷

Edited by St Louis

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

decent price, good player. Questionable injury record, 32 so wont be one with much resell value. Depends if we want to focus on establishing ourselves for a couple of seasons or thinking about how much we can sell them for in 2-3 years.

He "knows where the goal is".  A game a week will suit him, brings loads of experience.  If he plays 30 league games for us, you'd expect a goal return of 12, give or take a couple, we don't have that sort of player in the squad which we definitely need above resale value.   If we get the established forward in, then take a punt on a young and hungry striker.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

My sources tell me Newcastle will accept £11m for Callum Wilson.

Would be a decent signing if we are interested. Good finisher and bags of experience at this level.

Wilson too unreliable fitness wise IMO. Be lucky to play half the games and will be on big cash at Newcastle anyway.

This position is a big worry, especially after missing out on Delap who was clearly very high on our target list.

10 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

RM was asked about Ross Stewart during the interview at AFC Totton. (See MLG thread)

Suggested he was raring to go, would do well, but would be eased into things gently initially.

I hope he means during pre-season and not the actual season.

12 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

I'd be surprised if he did back to back 90 min stints in the first 2 competitive PL games

I'd be surprised if he did but i'd also be concerned as it would mean we are starting the season with just 1 proper centre forward! 

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

I'd be surprised if he did but i'd also be concerned as it would mean we are starting the season with just 1 proper centre forward! 

If we were playing 5-3-2 he might have Armstrong as the support striker

plus Mara (?), AN Other(?), maybe Alcaraz as a 10?, maybe a loan?

4 hours ago, 6ft8saint said:

I am hoping he sends Mara on loan

21 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Come on tall Paul be a bit less obvious with the username and hoping to remove your competition.

TurkishSaint would at least be a bit more subtle 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

He needs to go somewhere he will play every game for a full season to get some proper game time under his belt.

Absolutely this. I think it would do him the world of good, personally and in his development.

There were moments where he had clearly picked up RM's instructions. But, they looked to be few and far between, and didn't seem to fit his natural game. If you're not getting minutes, and feel things aren't working out, it's going to have an impact too.

He'd sown the odd flash in other games, and I've seen him pick up good positions. But more roaming centre forward ones, rather than the Che role being looked for.

Regular minutes will do him good. In a perfect world, we'd be giving him data of things to look at adding to his game with the loan club.

13 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Broja would be the absolute dream signing imo

He scored six league goals for us three seasons back, in nearly 2000 minutes. He looked like a good prospect at that time.

He tore his ACL two seasons ago, and even before that he'd scored just one goal in 466 minutes that year.

Last season he scored two goals in 776 minutes, one of them against PNE. Chelsea shipped him off on loan to Fulham, where he didn't even play 100 minutes.

He is on six figures a week for the next four years.

I can see CF being a position where we buy an unproven cheapie and then look for a loan late in the window; you pay through the nose for proven PL strikers unless there's something wrong with them, and if there's something wrong with them you're better off renting and not buying. In that case Broja would be a reasonable gamble (with no loan fee and Chelsea covering half the wages) but even then we could probably find better bets.

• Like 1

If we're looking for an Albanian, I hope Myrto Uzuni is on our radar. 11 La Liga goals for Granada last season, 23 goals in the Segunda Division the season before. Despite his good season, Granada were relegated so I think he'd be open to a move and at a good price. I see a lot of similarities with Danny Ings in the way he plays.

• Like 1

Dallinga's price tag seemed pretty reasonable for his scoring record. I suspect even if we'd been in for him, the example of Zirkzee probably makes comfortable mid-table with Bologna seem a much more attractive career step.