Training for new season

According to local Echo

In order of appearance

Dom Ballard, Jack Stephens, Sam Amo-Ameyaw, Adam Armstrong, Adam Lallana, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Nathan Wood, Tyler Dibling, James Bree, Ryan Manning, Ross Stewart, Charlie Taylor, Ronnie Edwards, Kyle Walker-Peters, Joe Aribo, Sam Edozie, Sekou Mara, Alex McCarthy, Mat Lis.

Youngsters highlighted by me

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The ones who have been on international duty will be back later such as Bednarek, Alcaraz.

Did Charles and Smallbone play over the summer ?

Same with Sulemana.

Even with those there is a hole in midfield the size of Harvey’s mum’s Fanny.

Edited by northam soul

Highlights for me the total lack of young players coming through that even with a small squad and a few to return e.g Smallbone, Charles the only younger players to train with the first team are players who have already featured for a couple of years.

Obviously the lack of attacking quality is stark but recruitment will be key there.

Granted that's not all the players on the books, nor is our transfer business anywhere close to being done, but the best line up we can put out of that is:

McCarthy

KWP

THB

Edwards

Stephens

Taylor

Lallana

Aribo

AA 

Stewart

Edozie

Completely irrelevant because I'm just killing time at work on a quiet afternoon but it does make you think how much work needs to be done.

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

no Bella-Kotchap or TP. Lets hope it's because they're on the move. DCC already gone hasn't he? 

Alfie has suggested that DCC is training with Lyon and there is evidence of that. So I imagine that's  fair accusation.

3 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Alfie has suggested that DCC is training with Lyon and there is evidence of that. So I imagine that's  fair accusation.

he had an obligation to buy so makes sense

15 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

AbK is rather telling though, Surely he should be back whether he wants to or not.

As soon as the Fab Romano tweet came out, I figured he wouldn’t be back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

AbK is rather telling though, Surely he should be back whether he wants to or not.

I imagine the club are keeping him away, don't need his attitude polluting the place again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Trained on his own last summer too, if I'm remembering correctly.

Posted (edited)

Open training session men’s and ladies teams  announced at SMS for 1/8/24 starts c 1pm outside but interviews at 2pm and actual training on pitch from 2.30 onwards. Free tickets available via the app in kingsland.
Good and rare opportunity for saints supporting students of body language and non verbal comms in general to get an insight into the group and Individual dynamics at play in the squad. As well as the mechanics of the actual training itself of course. 

Edited by gio1saints

14 hours ago, SaintNewForest said:

Only cos he was recovering from injury. Not sure he can use that excuse again (actually, it's ABK, he probably could)

He was on the bench a couple of times at the start of the season I think

No sign of Adams, obviously he is out of contract, but not clear to me whether he would have returned anyway with the Scots being out of the Euros anlong time ago now. Question really is whether he has rocked up somewhere else or is he still on the beach.

4 hours ago, ecuk268 said:

No sign of Charlie Alcaraz and presumably we're talking to Newcastle about the Wee Man.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24439805.latest-southampton-transfer-rumours-include-bid-fc-metz-midfielder/

Echo reporting he's due back in training today. I hope we see some photos of him - I'd like him to stay, the one bit of business we got half right last January and I think he offers something our other midfielders don't.

• Like 5

I guess he doesn't have much of an option but to get fit with us until he gets his move. I'd be extremely surprised to see him in the starting line up against Newcastle, put it that way!