The Tory Leadership Race 2024

sadoldgit

6 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Jenrick the latest. Monday is the deadline apparently so the bun fight starts next week.

No apology? No explaining your comments? Sheer arrogance.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, whelk said:

It isn’t the hypocrisy of posters feigning offence at SOG’s language, it is about the poster. He is quick to label others bigots and lauds himself as the champion of liberal values. So when he uses offensive language it will understandably be jumped upon.

Offensive language to whom exactly? Trans people refer to themselves as trans. I know two people who have transitioned and neither of them find the term offensive  I prefer to be guided by them than a bunch of WUMs on a football forum. This has nothing to do with my use of the word and everything to do with looking for every opportunity for a pile on. The same people who are feigning offence are the same who have issues with trans people. Egg let you off the hook but you have been just as bad as the others on this occasion. You spend much of your time on here calling others c**ts so are hardly in a position to preach. You think that calling someone an offensive term for female genitalia is less offensive to abbreviating transitioning or transitioned? You know just as well as everybody else, it is just an excuse for a pile on by grown men who still seem rooted in the playground mentality.

Edited by sadoldgit

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Oh come on Egg. For years he has attacked other people then plays the victim when he gets it back. His pious, arrogant attitude has brought it all on himself. It’s not just this forum either I’ve seen it happen on two others forums too. Yet it’s never him. Why should he be allowed to call people things, which he has done repeatedly for years and not get any come back? 

No come on about it. SoG can be a dick. I've been more than irritated by him on occasions, but some of the people labelling him all sorts are living in glass houses but throwing stones.

Laughing emojis on links to kids being killed FFS - pathetic behaviour from apparent adults. Telling him that he mustn't link stuff if he doesn't comment is properly arrogant. If people disagree with the article linked, then people can comment about it, but nobody has to explain something that's self explanatory to someone with half a brain. 

People are getting personal with a stranger on a forum, and those making every thread about SoG are dragging the the forum down much further than SoG is. 

SoG ain't ruining this forum. Others are. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, egg said:

No come on about it. SoG can be a dick. I've been more than irritated by him on occasions, but some of the people labelling him all sorts are living in glass houses but throwing stones.

Laughing emojis on links to kids being killed FFS - pathetic behaviour from apparent adults. Telling him that he mustn't link stuff if he doesn't comment is properly arrogant. If people disagree with the article linked, then people can comment about it, but nobody has to explain something that's self explanatory to someone with half a brain. 

People are getting personal with a stranger on a forum, and those making every thread about SoG are dragging the the forum down much further than SoG is. 

SoG ain't ruining this forum. Others are. 

What about repeatedly calling people narcissist, far right Tommy Robinson supporters because they dont align totally with his way of thinking? 

What about the "clumsy language" you can guarantee he'd be all over it if anyone else had called black people coconuts, trans people "a trans", constantly referred to Israelis as Jews, spent all day researching what they are!!! 

What about how it's never his fault? He can call people what he wants but anyone says anything back then it's poor old SOG. If you're going to dish it our dont be surprised when you get it back. It seems quite a few people are on the same page now and getting sick to death of his preaching. 

He's like the kid that keeps on riding up to people on his bike gobs off or gives the wanker sign them grizzle guts when he gets a clump.

It's not just this forum, i saw him do this on TUI where they are a lot less tolerant and he's also been laughed off Sotonians too. What's the common denominator? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

Spot on. Now perhaps we can return this and other threads back to the actual subject matter?

of course you think it's spot on. You're always the victim. Despite years of gobbing off you grizzle when you get i back and it's never your fault. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Offensive language to whom exactly? Trans people refer to themselves as trans. I know two people who have transitioned and neither of them find the term offensive  I prefer to be guided by them than a bunch of WUMs on a football forum. This has nothing to do with my use of the word and everything to do with looking for every opportunity for a pile on. The same people who are feigning offence are the same who have issues with trans people. Egg let you off the hook but you have been just as bad as the others on this occasion. You spend much of your time on here calling others c**nts so are hardly in a position to preach. You think that calling someone an offensive term for female genitalia is less offensive to abbreviating transitioning or transitioned? You know just as well as everybody else, it is just an excuse for a pile on by grown men who still seem rooted in the playground mentality.

What an arrogant tosser!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What about repeatedly calling people narcissist, far right Tommy Robinson supporters because they dont align totally with his way of thinking? 

What about the "clumsy language" you can guarantee he'd be all over it if anyone else had called black people coconuts, trans people "a trans", constantly referred to Israelis as Jews, spent all day researching what they are!!! 

What about how it's never his fault? He can call people what he wants but anyone says anything back then it's poor old SOG. If you're going to dish it our dont be surprised when you get it back. It seems quite a few people are on the same page now and getting sick to death of his preaching. 

He's like the kid that keeps on riding up to people on his bike gobs off or gives the wanker sign them grizzle guts when he gets a clump.

It's not just this forum, i saw him do this on TUI where they are a lot less tolerant and he's also been laughed off Sotonians too. What's the common denominator? 

But you and others moan about him being pious, about him being argumentative or about his tone, and a lot of times you are right.

But then you spend a lot of time responding to him in a pious, argumentative tone. It has become tedious, where every thread is a re-run of SOG v the others. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fan The Flames said:

But you and others moan about him being pious, about him being argumentative or about his tone, and a lot of times you are right.

But then you spend a lot of time responding to him in a pious, argumentative tone. It has become tedious, where every thread is a re-run of SOG v the others. 

Perhaps if the rest of us stop responding and carry on with the subject of the thread they will eventually get bored and move on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Why should he be allowed to speak to others how he wants and not expect to get anything back? He's called me all sorts for years ever since he made a cock of himself about the BLM stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Perhaps if the rest of us stop responding and carry on with the subject of the thread they will eventually get bored and move on?

"the rest of us" Fuck me you're something else. Stop pretending you've got me on ignore too you bullshitter.

Assume you missed the bit where he said "a lot of the time  right" -you're the problem is you.

"the rest of us" Fuck me, you're arrogance is unreal.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why should he be allowed to speak to others how he wants and not expect to get anything back? He's called me all sorts for years ever since he made a cock of himself about the BLM stuff.

He gets called out in that, but he gets called out on every post on every thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Offensive language to whom exactly? Trans people refer to themselves as trans. I know two people who have transitioned and neither of them find the term offensive  I prefer to be guided by them than a bunch of WUMs on a football forum. This has nothing to do with my use of the word and everything to do with looking for every opportunity for a pile on. The same people who are feigning offence are the same who have issues with trans people. Egg let you off the hook but you have been just as bad as the others on this occasion. You spend much of your time on here calling others c**nts so are hardly in a position to preach. You think that calling someone an offensive term for female genitalia is less offensive to abbreviating transitioning or transitioned? You know just as well as everybody else, it is just an excuse for a pile on by grown men who still seem rooted in the playground mentality.

To make it simple for you:

Trans people happily refer to themselves as trans, when it is used as an adjective.

However, you will never find a single one that refers to themselves as "a trans", using the word as a noun.

I'm not one of the 'pile-on' posters, and I have called them out for it in the past when it has been excessive. So my criticism is not simply an ad hominem attack, it is justified because you've used inappropriate language and refused to acknowledge or retract it when that has been pointed out to you.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

But you have to take responsibility for your part in the degradation of discourse on here. You are too aggressive, judgemental and personal with posters. You should try a bit harder as well.

• Like 4

No trans people refer to themselves as "a trans" just like a person of colour would not refer to themselves as "a black." Not sure why you find this difficult. Would have been easier to hase apologised rather than prolonging the offence by trying to justify it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I just don't understand the appeal of Badenoch, even from a Tory point of view. She doesn't bring much to the table.

What’s that got to do with SOG?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

No trans people refer to themselves as "a trans" just like a person of colour would not refer to themselves as "a black." Not sure why you find this difficult. Would have been easier to hase apologised rather than prolonging the offence by trying to justify it. 

his arrogance wont allow him to ever admit he's wrong pal. I get why he calls others narcissists now, he displays all the characteristics himself. Just like his self appointed role as the call out king when it comes to racism, all a big cover up. The mask slips regularly and many, many people know it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I just don't understand the appeal of Badenoch, even from a Tory point of view. She doesn't bring much to the table.

The only appeal I can see is that she's less reprehensible than many of the others. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

To make it simple for you:

Trans people happily refer to themselves as trans, when it is used as an adjective.

However, you will never find a single one that refers to themselves as "a trans", using the word as a noun.

I'm not one of the 'pile-on' posters, and I have called them out for it in the past when it has been excessive. So my criticism is not simply an ad hominem attack, it is justified because you've used inappropriate language and refused to acknowledge or retract it when that has been pointed out to you.

Thank you. I have seen “trans” used many times as a non pejorative noun so didn’t see it as a problem. My understanding was that trans was ok whereas trann* was a pejorative abbreviation. Every day is a school day! I probably should have said trans person in my post and if I thought it was going to cause the pile on crowd to wake up I clearly would have done. My post was all about Suella Braverman so my focus was on what she was saying rather than worrying about being tripped up by my own prose. As I have said before, if anyone else had said it no one would have batted an eyelid.

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Badenoch is black so I'm not sure she will be popular with the wider electorate. 

You have a point, I noticed some right wingers on social media turning on Sunak towards the end, with thinly disguised 'no surprise he doesn't understand the country' type stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

But you have to take responsibility for your part in the degradation of discourse on here. You are too aggressive, judgemental and personal with posters. You should try a bit harder as well.

Fair comment, but this has been going on for many years and I only hardened my response in reaction to the same posters who have been having a pop at me for being liberal and attacking far right politics. Yes, I could duck back down behind the parapet, but why let the bullies win?

• Like 1

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Fair comment, but this has been going on for many years and I only hardened my response in reaction to the same posters who have been having a pop at me for being liberal and attacking far right politics. Yes, I could duck back down behind the parapet, but why let the bullies win?

Think back soggy and stop talking bollocks, You weren't even on my radar until the BLM Stuff. It was then that you went on your crusade. You were the self appointed king of the call out, anyone who didn't align 100% with your comments, even the lies you told about not seeing any violence whatsoever, despite being 100s of arrests and it being all over the news, (you later claimed you hadn't seen a full news report that day, an excuse you also used more recently) that your Tommy Robinson right wing bullshit campaign started. You then added in the narcissist stuff later on (interesting as you've shown yourself to have these characteristics) Plus the you repeatedly peddle the lie about why i left the Ugly inside. 

It's got nothing to do with your politics, plenty of left wingers on here that are fine. It's your posting history is littered with arrogance, lies, false accusations, name calling and like always now you're playing the victim. That's why people think you're a cock not just on here but across multiple forums. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Egg let you off the hook but you have been just as bad as the others on this occasion. You spend much of your time on here calling others c**ts so are hardly in a position to preach. You think that calling someone an offensive term for female genitalia is less offensive to abbreviating transitioning or transitioned?

Egg doesn’t have the same persecution complex when challenged that you do. 

Still not getting the noun thing then. Maybe ask your kids?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

He gets called out in that, but he gets called out on every post on every thread.

The only people who made “a cock out of themselves” were those who got upset about a bunch of footballers choosing a specific action to highlight their opposition towards racism.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

The only people who made “a cock out of themselves” were those who got upset about a bunch of footballers choosing a specific action to highlight their opposition towards racism.

Here you go again, and you wonder why people think you're a dickhead.

Not got the balls to respond to me directly either, always said you are a coward.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

Can't seem to find much about the Tory Leadership Race on this thread.

Perhaps we could create an Insults thread where the usual suspects can trade insults like kids in the school playground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

Perhaps we could create an Insults thread where the usual suspects can trade insults like kids in the school playground.

Think lighthouse is on holiday

24 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Nope your responses have never changed. You've been exactly the same for years and no one else forces you to react the way you do. Absolutely no one attacks you for being liberal, they attack you for your pomposity, for being unable to apologise when wrong, for your hypocrisy, your tendency towards personal attacks on others, because you label those you disagree with as far right, because you lie and exagerrate to make claims about other posters that are untrue and because you've used disgusting slurs against people like racist and rape apologist and never apologised. I'm sure there's other examples but someone else can point them out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

I thought that was the raison d'etre for the whole forum.

• Haha 1

James Heappy was sitting in for James O’Brien on LBC this morning a nailed the Tory dilemma. Some of the party would be more at home in the LibDems and some more at home in Reform. They need to regroup around the centre right but are there enough of that political persuasion to form a solid core?

8 hours ago, pingpong said:

Using trans as a noun is not appropriate, but I do see outright transphobia, dead naming, deliberate mispronouns, and transphobic terms used on here without the outrage and corrections that fly when it is a certain poster making a mistake.

Happy to denounce trans as a noun, would like to see this same response on the lgbt thread when transphobes are making their 'jokes' about transwomen too...

Thank you for your input pingpong and my apologies for not replying sooner but I missed your post. As said earlier I didn’t appreciate that trans was inappropriate as a noun when I wrote my earlier post but am happy to stand corrected.

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Offensive language to whom exactly? Trans people refer to themselves as trans. I know two people who have transitioned and neither of them find the term offensive  I prefer to be guided by them than a bunch of WUMs on a football forum. This has nothing to do with my use of the word and everything to do with looking for every opportunity for a pile on. The same people who are feigning offence are the same who have issues with trans people. Egg let you off the hook but you have been just as bad as the others on this occasion. You spend much of your time on here calling others c**ts so are hardly in a position to preach. You think that calling someone an offensive term for female genitalia is less offensive to abbreviating transitioning or transitioned? You know just as well as everybody else, it is just an excuse for a pile on by grown men who still seem rooted in the playground mentality.

“I’ve got a trans mate” 🤣

is this the new mixed race bar maid and Muslim barber?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Turkish said:

“I’ve got a trans mate” 🤣

is this the new mixed race bar maid and Muslim barber?

Isn't the correct pronunciation "I've got a trans as a mate?" Maybe he should have asked the trans mate how he should be addressing them. If he had taken the time to educate himself then he would have avoided displaying his ignorance on a public forum. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Isn't the correct pronunciation "I've got a trans as a mate?"

Please excuse my clumsy language. 

Sorry i mean if you dont like what i post dont read it you far right reform party member transphobic narcissist. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3

If I was interested in leading the party, I’d sit this one out. Absolutely nothing to gain from being LOTO at this moment in time, but a lot of downsides. Look at William Hague, fucked his career before it had really started. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If I was interested in leading the party, I’d sit this one out. Absolutely nothing to gain from being LOTO at this moment in time, but a lot of downsides. Look at William Hague, fucked his career before it had really started. 

Depends on how much the Tories are going to beat themselves up. Possession is 9/10ths and all that, so someone can come in and hold the role, if they do a good job and are strong enough to quell the internecine power battle. 

If there is a big messy dust up, then stand aside until the civil war is over. 

William Hague wasn't electable, had little cut through with his weird voice and freaky OAP in a young man's body vibe. The Tories were shit and were infighting again and Hague wasn't strong enough. Clever speeches but no stature.