Season ticket holders get to choose new banner !

SaintsLoyal

On 05/07/2024 at 20:24, Colinjb said:

Vague memories from reading on here. Something like it was in storage at the stadium and had not been exactly looked after.

Glad to be wrong.

I’m pretty sure the original was one arranged by someone on here, and we were all invited to contribute to the cost? That one I’m sure is the one that went all manky and had to be disposed of. The club did replace it though with their own which made an appearance at the League Cup final. Don’t know where it is now but would have been nice to see it at Wembley back in May.

On 06/07/2024 at 11:13, 31cc said:

Didn't we set a record for the largest ever football shirt when we moved to St Mary's? (Not mine, I'm an XL) Sure I remember it being laid out on the pitch and it almost covering the centre circle. Can't find it on Google, perhaps the meds are kicking in...

It was before the opening game at St Mary’s with Eapanyol. Plenty of pics available on this article:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19486634.saints-v-espanyol---first-match-played-st-marys-stadium--/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, franniesTache said:

I reckon the club should make this the banner instead

spacer.png

Wrong colours but why not - if we're choosing our own I'd have to go with something like this* My family have been dockers for generations (what better way to represent Southampton), this fella looks a bit like my old docker grandad who used to go and queue up for work in the docks a hundred years ago

spacer.png

*I know it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek really...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...