Rupert Lowe

lambtiss

42 minutes ago, JRM said:

Good luck to him, he won't be any worse than most labour or conservatives MPs 

Err, he comfortably will be. Whenever I saw him, I thought that a village somewhere was missing its idiot.

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

One reverse takeover away from running Reform

Link up with the Conservatives

Reverse takeover of Conservatives

Use world class radio station to communicate to the masses.

Keep hacks onside with world class catering

Sweep to power

Build new parliament on Jackson Farm

Hire Woodward to coach politicians to become world class

Secure further sweep to power

Build monkey chicken petting zoo

Retire as hero of the nation

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Obviously in a minority but as there's no longer any Dalek2003 to make the point, with a lot of hindsight, I don't think Lowe did that badly and it was mainly his pompous manner that rubs people up the wrong way. Obviously didn't get the investment we needed, but with the stadium and academy he set up a reasonably attractive platform for Liebherr to take over and reap the benefit as we got back to the PL.

Also, there seemed to be uproar at the time, but if we took Hoddle back we might have not gone down and we would have accepted him soon enough.

For anyone who disagrees, Mike Wilde turned out to be the personification of "be careful what you wish for". We're quite ready to give our opinion on the latest weird kit, but I wonder what sales were like of those "Saints Go Wilde" t-shirts? Didn't recall much criticism of it at the time.

Politically, that's another matter. His Brexit party is what helped get us in the current mess in the first place. Reform had a candidate talking up Putin in Salisbury of all places - sums them up for me really.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Obviously in a minority but as there's no longer any Dalek2003 to make the point, with a lot of hindsight, I don't think Lowe did that badly and it was mainly his pompous manner that rubs people up the wrong way. Obviously didn't get the investment we needed, but with the stadium and academy he set up a reasonably attractive platform for Liebherr to take over and reap the benefit as we got back to the PL.

A lot of hindsight and a big dollop of re-writing history 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Let's hope he does for Reform what he did for Saints.

Get them relegated competing at local elections and then they go bankrupt and into administration.

Edited by Mltburger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rupert Lowe MP

“I’m donating my entire net MP salary to Great Yarmouth charities/worthy causes.

Each month, a different one will be chosen and I will post proof for every single one”

1 hour ago, saint lard said:

Rupert Lowe MP

“I’m donating my entire net MP salary to Great Yarmouth charities/worthy causes.

Each month, a different one will be chosen and I will post proof for every single one”

Probably to make up for never going to GY ! I expect he'll be claiming expenses at Westminster though 😃

• Like 2

I’m waiting for when he tells David Lammy in a parliamentary exchange that  either he (or another , perhaps the Russians on a debate about Ukraine) , aren’t going to be pushed around by a North London yobbo … 

• Like 2

On 05/07/2024 at 09:47, JRM said:

Good luck to him, he won't be any worse than most labour or conservatives MPs 

Really? You either do not know Rupert Lowe (a narcissist if ever there was one) or your politics.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

He was bigging himself up on his Reform Ltd FB page about his time at Saints so I very politely pointed out that under his stewardship we went into Administration and got relegated. He blocked me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, ItchenRob said:

He was bigging himself up on his Reform Ltd FB page about his time at Saints so I very politely pointed out that under his stewardship we went into Administration and got relegated. He blocked me.

Home truths hurt eh? 🤣

Back in the late PLC era I bought shares just so I could help influence the removal of the arsehole - great satisfaction when he was gone!

• Like 4

" A new Reform UK MP has vowed to donate his salary to charity Rupert Lowe, who was elected to Nigel Farage's party in Great Yarmouth, said his “entire net MP salary” would go to charities and worthy causes in the seaside town"

• Like 1

21 hours ago, saint lard said:

Rupert Lowe MP

7 hours ago, Badger said:

I’m waiting for when he tells David Lammy in a parliamentary exchange that  either he (or another , perhaps the Russians on a debate about Ukraine) , aren’t going to be pushed around by a North London yobbo … 

I'd love to see him up against Lammy in a debate, would be a straight sets win for the ex-Saint 👍

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

" A new Reform UK MP has vowed to donate his salary to charity Rupert Lowe, who was elected to Nigel Farage's party in Great Yarmouth, said his “entire net MP salary” would go to charities and worthy causes in the seaside town"

That sounds good but is just pathetic. What is he trying to achieve? He clearly does not need any salary as he is a wealthy man either through business or inherited wealth. Most people, if they were MPs, would need to live on their salary as they would not be as wealthy as him. God help us if we were to go back to the days when  MP's were not paid. 

7 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

That sounds good but is just pathetic. What is he trying to achieve? He clearly does not need any salary as he is a wealthy man either through business or inherited wealth. Most people, if they were MPs, would need to live on their salary as they would not be as wealthy as him. God help us if we were to go back to the days when  MP's were not paid. 

It’s all about him. Rather than give it away why not just decline to take it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

He can say he's obviously not in politics for the money, instead he's generously donating his time and energy to Make Yarmouth Great Again.

Plus, by directly having a positive impact on local causes through his noble generosity, perhaps he can convince a few more voters that he's not any worse than most labour or conservatives MPs and thus be re-elected in a landslide next time around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

It says 'Net' salary.  So after constituency running costs, travel, board, lodgings, food, entertainment etc etc etc are taken out.

Probably a hundred quid a month will be 'donated' - then that will be used as a tax write off somewhere else!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

He can say he's obviously not in politics for the money, instead he's generously donating his time and energy to Make Yarmouth Great Again.

Plus, by directly having a positive impact on local causes through his noble generosity, perhaps he can convince a few more voters that he's not any worse than most labour or conservatives MPs and thus be re-elected in a landslide next time around.

It basically will get him out of  spending any time in the constituency actually doing any casework or actually getting his hands dirty with real people and their needs.

He's bought himself a "get out of work" card because he just point to his financial "generosity".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It says 'Net' salary.  So after constituency running costs, travel, board, lodgings, food, entertainment etc etc etc are taken out.

Probably a hundred quid a month will be 'donated' - then that will be used as a tax write off somewhere else!

Net of income tax as well, probably at 45% rate. GY should not hold their collective breath for any significant charity donations. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Aren’t the items in bold paid as expenses or allowance in addition to salary ? 

If so, they shouldn’t reflect in net salary.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

I don't see the fuss tbh. I doubt very much the people of Great Yarmouth give a shit who he is or even care about what he is going to do for them at that level. I bet the majority voted for him because they voted for Reform. Pure and simple.

33 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Net of income tax as well, probably at 45% rate. GY should not hold their collective breath for any significant charity donations. 

But any charitable donation would be tax free so they should get the pre-tax amount.

2 hours ago, SaintStinger said:

I don't see the fuss tbh. I doubt very much the people of Great Yarmouth give a shit who he is or even care about what he is going to do for them at that level. I bet the majority voted for him because they voted for Reform. Pure and simple.

Exactly, they havent voted for him, theyve voted for the party. In much the same way Farage wont go to Clacton and listen to Mrs Smith moan about the state of the pavements he wont be going anywhere near Great Yarmouth. 

12 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I assume then that SIR Keir Starmer will be donating his salary to charities also then?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Agreed, so we also should agree RL is doing better than them. Thanks.

We don’t agree especially about Farage and his ilk who are just showmen at best and quite happy to accept Russian money and promote Putins agenda .

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 06/07/2024 at 18:31, JRM said:

I'd love to see him up against Lammy in a debate, would be a straight sets win for the ex-Saint 👍

Probably never been in the Gods in his life in all fairness 🤣

18 minutes ago, Saint_John said:

He has kept to his word :-

https://x.com/RupertLowe10/status/1810295583367680073

You would think that Kier (net worth 7-15m ) and Rushi (650m) could match his gesture.

So he has earned net £4k after one days work and not even going into the Office. 

He hasn't been paid a penny yet, what he has said is that he will donate roughly £4k to Gt Yarmouth Town FC. He is basing this on estimated nett monthly salary for an MP. Not knocking him, I detest the gammon, but fair play he has made a gesture and is sticking to his word with a promise up front to the the football club, which will help them with their finances and planning.