Elijah - RIP my boy

Noodles34

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts. It brings us all so much together in these times. I’ve asked the club if I can keep his seat in the Itchen North free this season. He was so looking forward to being back up and I want him there with me this season. A lot of my friends are moving to the Northam but we talked about it be decided we wanted to stay wheee we have always been. It’s been his seat since he first went back in 2009 or so. I want him to have it for one last season and I hope the team do him proud. 
Thanks again everyone ❤️😇

• Like 29

So sorry Nick. Hard to put into words but had the pleasure of talking with Elijah before many of our U18s Hampshire games that he refereed last season. Loved talking Saints before ko, articulate, funny, and a superb referee. Great tributes on the UI, similar take from everyone, much loved and on behalf of my son and and the lads that don’t post on here but had the pleasure of Elijah’s company we send our love to you, your family and thoughts to an incredible young man. Up the Saints ❤️

Edited by LoyalSaintSO50
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am heartbroken. I was proud to call Elijah a friend. He was a sound lad who had a promising career ahead of him. He loved football and Southampton FC.  Done many away trips with him  including Newcastle and his three hour train quiz! Affectionally known as Top Boy after his first trip to Fratton.  

RIP Mush.

Wait for us on the other side.

RIP Top Boy

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2024 at 13:33, Noodles34 said:

I don't know if Elijah was on here, he was on Nicks site who have done a really nice tribute but I know some on here will know him from away games and maybe refereeing some of you, he did so many games and we have been overwhelmed by the messages we have had from so many people he knew and they loved him so much. Glenn Cockerill knew him from his officiating at ex saints games and Roger East, who he spent time with in Madrid at a tournament has messaged. The last home game v West Brom, while we went to the pub to celebrate he waited for an hour to see the referee Tim Robinson, who took the time to see Elijah, who he had met before, such a nice gesture. But there have been so many more from friends. Elijah went to most games home and away and apart from a small time when he was young, declaring his support of Liverpool, which lasted 5 minutes after I had a word, he was so passionate about Saints and as an old pessimistic man like me who has endured those years of disappointments, he was always looking on the positive. Remember those days when we so young and thought so optimistically about our team?  

As I said, grief is strange, I'm broken by this and going to football will never be the same again. He had such great friends, people on here that have all written such beautiful things about the boy that used to wind the fuck up out of us all at some point and like I said, there may be people on here that don't know he passed away during the night at his student house in Southsea. We think it was to do with his epilepsy. 

I am sorry if this is not the place but we are all one big family really and to all those mums and dads, enjoy every moment at football with your kids, the good times like a few weeks ago and when we are not doing well next season, it really doesn't matter. 

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, playing football and playing soccer

Terrible news. Thank you for your well chosen words.
Totally meaningless that this young man has passed away. 
My deepest condolences.

He went by his name Elijah when he posted on the ugly inside forum,, right?
If that's him, I liked his posts/comments. I didn't know he was so young - and I knew nothing about his refereeing - but many of his posts/comments gave a hint that he knew his stuff about football and that he was a young Saints fan.

I have not been very active on the ugly inside forum for the last year os so (my username is KriSaint there), but I certainly remember a lovely, positive guy named Elijah posting/commenting there frequently and often using the words "I mean" in his sentences ♥️  I can only assume that's him.

Rest in piece. 

• Like 2