Elijah - RIP my boy

Noodles34

I don't know if Elijah was on here, he was on Nicks site who have done a really nice tribute but I know some on here will know him from away games and maybe refereeing some of you, he did so many games and we have been overwhelmed by the messages we have had from so many people he knew and they loved him so much. Glenn Cockerill knew him from his officiating at ex saints games and Roger East, who he spent time with in Madrid at a tournament has messaged. The last home game v West Brom, while we went to the pub to celebrate he waited for an hour to see the referee Tim Robinson, who took the time to see Elijah, who he had met before, such a nice gesture. But there have been so many more from friends. Elijah went to most games home and away and apart from a small time when he was young, declaring his support of Liverpool, which lasted 5 minutes after I had a word, he was so passionate about Saints and as an old pessimistic man like me who has endured those years of disappointments, he was always looking on the positive. Remember those days when we so young and thought so optimistically about our team?  

As I said, grief is strange, I'm broken by this and going to football will never be the same again. He had such great friends, people on here that have all written such beautiful things about the boy that used to wind the fuck up out of us all at some point and like I said, there may be people on here that don't know he passed away during the night at his student house in Southsea. We think it was to do with his epilepsy. 

I am sorry if this is not the place but we are all one big family really and to all those mums and dads, enjoy every moment at football with your kids, the good times like a few weeks ago and when we are not doing well next season, it really doesn't matter. 

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, playing football and playing soccer

Edited by Noodles34
  • Like 62
  • Sad 19

@Noodles34 as you know mush i'm heartbroken, he was a wonderful kid, a great mate and it'll leave a hole that will never get filled. Like you say football won't be the same without Top Boy there and my heart goes out to you and your family.

I'm going to miss him so much, his wind ups, his constant enthusiasm for Saints and Southampton, his desire to chat to all and sundry at away games and his sense of humour (sometimes not at the most appropriate moments!) 

RIP Top Boy

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I am an occasional reader of the UI and would read Elijah's posts with interest. I was going to sign up to express my condolences. I had no idea he was so young.

It is perhaps a small consolation that as his last memory of seeing Saints in action he was able to experience the elation that we all felt at the last home match and at Wembley.

My best wishes to you and your family.

PS - I was interested to see that you were name-checked as the creator of 'On The March' and that Branfoot cover. Tried searching for it earlier without luck. If you have a google drive account maybe worth scanning and uploading past issues as an online record of the news and views of the past... just a thought.

Thoughts are with you and your family, Noodles. As a father of two young boys, I can’t begin to imagine what you are going through. RIP Elijah, sounds like he was a true Saint and a top human being. 

Hi Noodles. I don't know you and didn't know your lad, but like you say, we are all part of a family. It felt like that a few weeks ago as the coaches turned up at St Mary's and red smoke filled the air before the play-off semi's. And again at Wembley. As someone else has said above, Elijah's last game would have been at Wembley.  I know football doesn't really matter at a time like this, but if ever there was a fitting tribute....Wembley 2024!

My sincerest best wishes to you and your family mate.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to have known Elijah as he reffed a lot of the league games i played on Saturday mornings. For such a young lad he was always so approachable as a referee and always had time to chat before and after a game. I was heartbroken when i heard the news and can only imagine the heartache you and your family must be going through Noodles. My thoughts and prayers are with you, may he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear your desperately sad news Noodles. There are no words and I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling and coping. Rest in peace Elijah and heartfelt condolences to you and your family 😢❤️

Genuinely sorry to hear this and sending heartfelt condolences and every ounce of positivity and hope to you and the family Noodles. I can’t imagine what you’re going through, but the thoughts of a lot of fellow Saints fans are now with you. Rest in peace Elijah, memory hold the door. 

So, so sad. What a truly devastating loss to your family and also the wider Saints one. Life can be so cruel sometimes. Thoughts to everyone that knew him but especially you and his family.

Sorry for your loss Noodles and thank you for taking the time to share a little bit about him, you can clearly see from your post and messages I've seen on Twitter from close ones how much he meant to so many people. 

I hope Noodles you can take comfort from the words of so many people who knew him and held him in such a high regard and with such clear affection. It sounds like he had left such a positive impression on everyone he met. You should be very proud. RIP Elijah.

I believe I remember him from training with a Botley based football team eight or so years ago now. He was very kind and easy to talk to. I’m sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace.  

Edited by SotonianWill