The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

England should have no problem with group games even 3 x 1-0 wins would be minimum expected with they have. A lot of goals so far and that's an indication of defensive standards. Germany looked good v a leaque 1 team but doubt if go any further than QF/SF. It will be interesting to see who plays who on the schedule chart. Can the big guns meet in QFs ??

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Anyone else woken up with the optimisms? Happens every tournament, no matter how unlucky, a few hours before England's first game, I just get this rush of energy and it's suddenly inconceivable that England aren't going to win the thing.

International football is boring and I can’t get behind the overpaid pricks who clearly consider their own importance above anyone else in the country…
Until around 3 hours before the tournament starts and then I’m all in. 

• Like 1

Vestgaard appears to have lost a yard of pace. I don't have a clue how that is possible, but rather than running in treacle, he now appears to be running in rapidly setting concrete.

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Vestgaard appears to have lost a yard of pace. I don't have a clue how that is possible, but rather than running in treacle, he now appears to be running in rapidly setting concrete.

He's got a turning circle slower than the rotation of the Earth.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Serbian fans seem to have come for a ruck. Mind you they do have previous, having kicked off WW!, ( and by extrapolation the second leg in WW2 ).

love the way they still haven't actually said England fans weren't involved. Police have confirmed it was Serbian and Albania fans. Doesn't suit the narative does it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Fuck me unless i'm hearing things Lee Dixon just said "Trent" is the best passer in World football.

The media must be paid to salivate over this guy. He was the best right back in the world, but is now seemingly not good enough for full back (As has been obvious since for ever) and is shunted into midfield where he can be the best passer in the world.

He is probably one of the most unnecessarily overhyped footballers I've ever come across in my life, and most of us lived through the 2002-2006 era.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Fuck me unless i'm hearing things Lee Dixon just said "Trent" is the best passer in World football.

You would think he is the 2nd coming of Lionel Messi…..the way pundits are going on about him 

Just now, S-Clarke said:

The media must be paid to salivate over this guy. He was the best right back in the world, but is now seemingly not good enough for full back (As has been obvious since for ever) and is shunted into midfield where he can be the best passer in the world.

He is probably one of the most unnecessarily overhyped footballers I've ever come across in my life, and most of us lived through the 2002-2006 era.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

You would think he is the 2nd coming of Lionel Messi…..the way pundits are going on about him 

It’s ridiculous. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he doesn’t get in the squad at right back and the best passer in world football is just utter bollocks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Turkish said:

It’s ridiculous. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he doesn’t get in the squad at right back and the best passer in world football is just utter bollocks. 

Apparently, he can place the ball anywhere he wants/any part of the pitch.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Apparently, he can place the ball anywhere he wants/any part of the pitch.

As long as it's the centre circle before kicking off, sure.

3 minutes ago, 64saint said:

Tadic dropped by Serbia! !!

Looks like they've sacrificed him to go with an extra defender, looks like a containment job being setup by Serbia here. Could be a very hard watch if there isn't an early goal by us.

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Is the ITV coverage that much better than BBC that it’s worth putting up with the adverts? 

2 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Is the ITV coverage that much better than BBC that it’s worth putting up with the adverts? 

ITV's coverage of England v Serbia is limited to a highlights package after 23:00 tonight.

20 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Why is he referred to as 'Trent'? They don't call Kane 'Harry' or McGuire 'Liability'.

It’s a bit annoying but tbf Alexander-Arnold is a mouthful and TAA doesn’t work in the same way that JWP does.

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

It’s a bit annoying but tbf Alexander-Arnold is a mouthful and TAA doesn’t work in the same way that JWP does.

My wife always follows any mention of "Trent Alexander-Arnold" on TV or radio with 'all 3 of him'.

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

‘Trent’ gives ball away needlessly 

Laughable how they showed about 5 videos of him pinging balls into a channel for Salah to run into as evidence of his being the world’s best passer. I’d expect even the most average of players to be able to hit the ball into a huge empty space for a quick player to run onto. My U11s can do that for our right winger 

Edited by Turkish

I don't mind Trent and I picked him for his position today but he started iffily. However he made a good interception for the Walker chance and now good footwork for the free kick. Mixed bag so far. Foden hasn't been great so far, Saka and Bellingham the picks and Guehi has been good at the back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

Don’t get all the hate for Trent. Asset to England

Just pinged the ball straight out of play under no pressure whatsoever.

But apparently he's the best passer in the world.