The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

1 minute ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

He's quite tidy. Based on the 'getting the band back together' strategy I say lets get him on the bus

Might have to wait until he’s 36 though…

• Haha 3

Just now, Micky said:

Apparently some bird on the box thinks it should be a penalty and a red card...!

I don’t really get that role at all man or woman it’s just utterly pointless we have a commentator and a summariser both of whom could have watched the replay and said pen and a red such a waste of time and money having another voice that adds nothing. 

1 minute ago, a1ex2001 said:

I don’t really get that role at all man or woman it’s just utterly pointless we have a commentator and a summariser both of whom could have watched the replay and said pen and a red such a waste of time and money having another voice that adds nothing. 

I disagree. I like having the immediate view from someone with officialling experience. Particularly in terms of what they specifically look for rather then a potentially emotive view from a pundit. 

This aspect of how ITV are set up works for me. 

• Confused 1

Just now, SaintsBarry74 said:

I called it from the start: this game has all the hallmarks of a 9-0 thrashing. Having witnessed one too many of such drubbings, I can spot one a mile off. 

As opposed to the rest of us who predicted Scotland would take Germany apart

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They are so, so, so bad. Germany haven't had to do anything special.

Might as well book the flights back home!

Yeah and Swinney can whip off his skirt and get back home and do some campaigning. 

3 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Earlier someone suggested that Che might be £1m more expensive after tonight... or maybe not 

Che's at his most dangerous when people are speculating how little his transfer is worth. Just sayin'.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Earlier someone suggested that Che might be £1m more expensive after tonight... or maybe not 

He’s worth zero even if he scored 10 tonight, he’s out of contract. 

I was going to watch this second half over getting ready for work but it looks like it’s going to be all ten men behind the ball for Scotland. Snore.

3 minutes ago, coalman said:

One of the many downsides of Gunn is when the opposition realise just how worthwhile shooting from distance is.

I mean, when the other team's centre back thinks it's worth having a crack from 35 yards, you know your stock is low

Edited by sfc4prem
  • Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen as one sided a set of stats at a football match and I say that as a Saints fan.

Scotland.... 26% possession, 0 shots, 0 shots on target, 1 touch in opposition box

34 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

This is fine if you've got a somewhat engaged Mcoist and an obvious penalty to summarise but there is and will be loads of times a commentator and summariser are getting hysterical over something "that's obvious to anyone who has played the game blah blah blah" and someone calmly explaining why they should calm down will be worth it.