Wow that was/is top drawer 

12 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He is 16 ffs

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Wow!

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

16 years old bloody hell. Fantastic 

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

What a fecking goal that was, amazing. No stopping that.

This has been a great game so far, Spain have been miles better.

But could he do it on a freezing February night in Scunthorpe?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Saint_Ash said:

A good game including the big boys at last. Spain will win the thing playing like this. 

They’re in a weird paradox where their games get progressively easier as they go on. Germany were the next best team in the tournament, that game should have been the final. If they make it to the final, Eng/Ned are both worse than France.

Posted (edited)

If Spain don't win the Euros there's no justice. They've been head and shoulders the best team all tournament and the manager had the balls to select a 16 year old from the get go. They're defensively gettable but their attacking options are good. The Dutch could give them a tough final but I can't see England doing the same.

Still, sometimes you can win ugly...

I'm not ruling France out yet though. Ten minutes left and Giroud on the pitch...

Edited by SNSUN
  • Like 1

I hadn't realised that before tonight, we have scored the same number of goals as France, conceded the same, had the same number of draws and wins, and even won penalty shootout by the same score. Looks like we're gonna lose 2-1 tomorrow!!

• Sad 1

Enjoyed that one, great game.

Spain fully deserved though, they have been the best team by a country mile in this tournament. 

Fully deserved finalists, wonderful team to watch. They have a bit of everything.

• Like 2

The French have been putting their shots over the bar all tournament. They had their chances tonight but Spain were the better side and must be hot favourites to take the trophy. They will have us for breakfast if we get through.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Spain certainly very very deserved finalists, but they don’t look invincible.

Agree that you can get at them. The way we are playing I don’t think we can but the Dutch could.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Enjoyed that one, great game.

Spain fully deserved though, they have been the best team by a country mile in this tournament. 

Fully deserved finalists, wonderful team to watch. They have a bit of everything.

Can anyone honestly believe that if England reach the final they'll beat Spain?

• Haha 1

On 07/07/2024 at 23:05, Turkish said:

Great armband though and that’s more important 

You're absolutely obsessed aren't you? Didn't even notice it until your post. Anything you'd like to share with us? It's ok, we'll all be very supportive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

The French have been putting their shots over the bar all tournament. They had their chances tonight but Spain were the better side and must be hot favourites to take the trophy. They will have us for breakfast if we get through.

Still wonder if the tournament ball is an issue although no one has moaned about it !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

If Spain are playing with freedom, our starting 11 are playing with a life sentence hanging over their heads.

But Luke Shaw said in his interview, that GS allows them to play with complete freedom.

34 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

But Luke Shaw said in his interview, that GS allows them to play with complete freedom.

He must get complete freedom on the bench tbf.

The 'leak' today, which is pretty much nailed to happen I think, is that Shaw misses out again and Trippier once again plays left back.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

The 'leak' today, which is pretty much nailed to happen I think, is that Shaw misses out again and Trippier once again plays left back.

What is the leak? Unchanged? 

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Although I think many of us would bench Kane tonight but understand that Southgate will stick with him as a starter come what may, surely it is a no brainer to start Shaw ahead of Trippier if fit to start?

We have been underperformed in every match so far. Why on earth would you stick with the same stating X1, unless changes were enforced by suspension/injuries, with so many decent options on the bench?

3 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

What is the leak? Unchanged? 

Back to the Slovakia formation, Guehi back in for Konza - back to a back 4, with Trippier left, Walker right.

Saka right wing, Foden left wing.

Basically, all wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Back to the Slovakia formation, Guehi back in for Konza - back to a back 4, with Trippier left, Walker right.

Saka right wing, Foden left wing.

Basically, all wrong.

What possible justification would he have for that? Pray that's wrong. 

Guys i need this win tonight, I live in the Netherlands.

Will an England masterclass turn up and does southgate know he can pick other players and put on subs if we arent playing well before we concede or have 5mins left.

Red Card Please GIF by World Cup

3 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Guys i need this win tonight, I live in the Netherlands.

Will an England masterclass turn up and does southgate know he can pick other players and put on subs if we arent playing well before we concede or have 5mins left.

Red Card Please GIF by World Cup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Although the other image on that link could be construed to be a little more sinister, but it seems to be giving the kid a smile on his face.

spacer.png

"I never had sexual relations with that woman"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, whelk said:

Who is the dirtiest? Laura or Karen?

Laura wins everything ever.

COME ON ENGLAND! It is as hard supporting England as it is Saints right now but you have to back the boys. The Dutch have been better than us for pretty much the whole tournament but we have the players - we just have to hope Southgate doesn't stifle us. 

Guehi in for Konsa otherwise the same team as last time.

8 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Oh well, no surprises there sadly.

Gakpo has been lively this tournament but they are beatable. Maybe we will turn up tonight?

Sad that we've been saying this all tournament. An array of talent, fuck all cohesion or style of play.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Sad that we've been saying this all tournament. An array of talent, fuck all cohesion or style of play.

Us England fans start each game hoping it's the one where the undoubted array of talent at our disposal clicks and we play decent football and win with a flourish. I'm not sure today is the day but we live in hope.

• Like 1