The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

The most undeserved quarter final place I think I've ever seen.  We were even fortunate to have got to the last 16!

The performance for 99% was just inept, not good enough, not even close. Coached all wrong, players all over the place, shape all over the place. Load of utter shit.

The way we managed the 2nd half of extra time was unacceptable really, everything about it was unacceptable.

Feel for Slovakia, they deserved to win that by a couple.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 6

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Almost feels like some people will actually be more annoyed if England  go on and win the tournament :lol: 

You can't be happy with watching that though! It's not possible for us to win a tournament by playing this bad, it is really awful - we just keep delaying the inevitable. It's been a really poor show.

A decent side will turn us over without sweat, we all know it. We're just lucky that the draw has even fallen for us. Easily the luckiest team in the Euros up to now!

• Like 4

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

Almost feels like some people will actually be more annoyed if England  go on and win the tournament :lol: 

Depends if it means Southgate sticks around for the WC!  😁

We all want the trophy but it'd be nice to do it without making us poo our pants.

Such a terrible performance.

So what happens next? Guehi is out, and I don’t know if Twatgate will fancy just Konsa or Dunk with Stones. Can see it going to three at the back with Walker making up one of the three. Trent RB and Trippier LB which just sucks. Different formation, but it’ll most likely be the same old shit.

Let's not kid ourselves, some huge cracks were thinly papered over today. A moment of individual brilliance from Bellingham and a sliced kick from Eze that found Toney's head. Aside from that we were woeful in every department. Even when we got ahead in true Southgate style we dropped back and let Slovakia come at us which was a very stupid tactic especially after taking off Kane and Bellingham. We'll have to play loads better against a very good Swiss side and I don't have much confidence that this side managed by this negative coach can win that game. That performance was excruciating and unacceptable in every sense other than that we fluked a win.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Wait was that Jimmi Floyd Hasselbaink? I didn't know he was one of our coaches! 

Was that him who stopped Rice from kicking off? He's bulked up a bit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Almost feels like some people will actually be more annoyed if England go on and win the tournament :lol: 

How can you not think England were shit? We got lucky 

• Like 3

Southgate is wasting another generation of talent. 

This squad is very strong but the whole tournament we have been embarrassing, and he’s not learning any lessons. 

We are relying on our big players to pull skme ting out of the hat instead of winning games tactically. 

Amazing scenes when Jude scored. He is an amazing player who clearly cares so much. He ran his socks off today. 

Just now, trousers said:

Screenshot_20240630-195021.png

What a year it could be for Rishi. Saints promoted, England win the Euros... umm...

In Sport. What a year for Rishi, sports-wise.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Almost feels like some people will actually be happier if England start playing well rather than scraping through the tournament :lol: 

There, fixed it for you... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

You can't be happy with watching that though! It's not possible for us to win a tournament by playing this bad, it is really awful - we just keep delaying the inevitable. It's been a really poor show.

A decent side will turn us over without sweat, we all know it. We're just lucky that the draw has even fallen for us. Easily the luckiest team in the Euros up to now!

‘Tis knockout football. I’m a lot happier than the Slovakian fans that have seen a decent performance from their players tonight.

Yes, we’ve been poor so far this tournament, but this group of players are clearly capable of better, and fortunately have done just enough to get through to the last 8 teams in the tournament.

If we find a way to click for just three games, or even just manage to sneak our way undeservedly through, then we’re celebrating just like Greece or Portugal have in past tournaments.

22 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The most undeserved quarter final place I think I've ever seen.  We were even fortunate to have got to the last 16!

The performance for 99% was just inept, not good enough, not even close. Coached all wrong, players all over the place, shape all over the place. Load of utter shit.

The way we managed the 2nd half of extra time was unacceptable really, everything about it was unacceptable.

Feel for Slovakia, they deserved to win that by a couple.

Think you’re going a tad OTT but the central tenet of your argument (ie that Southgate is a clueless cunt) is spot on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Such a terrible performance.

So what happens next? Guehi is out, and I don’t know if Twatgate will fancy just Konsa or Dunk with Stones. Can see it going to three at the back with Walker making up one of the three. Trent RB and Trippier LB which just sucks. Different formation, but it’ll most likely be the same old shit.

Walker got in some decent challenges in the back 3 (put off someone's header as part of that - Maguire's aerial presence a miss).

It might push Trippier up a bit. Could have 5-3-2 with the 3 being Mainoo, Rice and Bellingham, with Foden in an area, slightly left of Kane. Harsh on Saka who starts well, but then gets marked and England don't work to get him space.

Saka at left wing back seems a bit of a stretch.

But yeah, hard to see Southgate making such a change. It's other things that are mostly the problem.

Tempo, transition, fluidity of movement, players not in their best roles.

Spain's play compared to England's is chalk and cheese. Quick, incisive, look to get the ball forwards.

I don't know much about Spain's manager but he sure looks like Stanley Tucci.

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Spain's play compared to England's is chalk and cheese. Quick, incisive, look to get the ball forwards.

Absolutely. They look everything that we aren't. They play with pace, movement, fluidity, and energy. Sad thing is, we have the players to do so. 

19 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Southgate is wasting another generation of talent. 

This squad is very strong but the whole tournament we have been embarrassing, and he’s not learning any lessons. 

We are relying on our big players to pull skme ting out of the hat instead of winning games tactically. 

Amazing scenes when Jude scored. He is an amazing player who clearly cares so much. He ran his socks off today. 

This bugs me about Saints, it bugs me about England. There were lessons to be learned after every qualifying game and we don't seem to change. Ten minutes to go and you couldn't tell we were 1-0 down the way we were strolling around the pitch. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

That aged well! 😂 

Edited by Behind Enemy Lines