The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

If I have just seen the draw table right (it was on the screen for a few seconds), England have landed again, with Portugal, Spain, Germany and France all on the same side of the draw, which is opposite to us.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

If I have just seen the draw table right (it was on the screen for a few seconds), England have landed again, with Portugal, Spain, Germany and France all on the same side of the draw, which is opposite to us.

Possibly Netherlands in knock outs, IF England win their group

Players are annoying with this how dare the pundits criticise as they played in poor international sides. Rice spouting it now. You were all shite on Thursday so suck it up

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, whelk said:

Players are annoying with this how dare the pundits criticise as they played in poor international sides. Rice spouting it now. You were all shite on Thursday so suck it up

Yes, poor little bastards are paid millions, but want to feel the warmth and ‘love’ from the public. 

Remember two GB rowers who came off the water at 2012 Olympics, could barely stand up and apologised to the nation on BBC for letting people down having ‘only’ won a silver  medal.

Get real you cunts. 

• Like 1

We are currently making up our own commentary, in the style of Julian and Sandy from "Round the Horne";

"He advances smoothly into the penalty box", "He keeps trying to get in behind", "He put him under pressure and got hold of the ball", "He casually stokes it around the field", " He is playing in the hole"......

Edited by badgerx16

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Glad the manager and players came out fighting with their comments after the last game

Deary me.

I think you can see a few players clearly want to respond. But there is a total lack of team work ethic and support. Every man for himself. 

• Like 1

The front 4 just doesn't work. There's no urgency, the press is shit, Kane doesn't link with them, we offer nothing down the left, Bellingham has to drop deep as the midfield 2 don't offer enough and is pretty wasteful.

Tonight is a wasted opportunity to mix it up and give Gordon, Eze, Palmer, Watkins an opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

The front 4 just doesn't work. There's no urgency, the press is shit, Kane doesn't link with them, we offer nothing down the left, Bellingham has to drop deep as the midfield 2 don't offer enough and is pretty wasteful.

Tonight is a wasted opportunity to mix it up and give Gordon, Eze, Palmer, Watkins an opportunity. 

Totally agree.  Palmer, Eze and Watkins need to get good minutes here

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Totally agree.  Palmer, Eze and Watkins need to get good minutes here

I'd have started Palmer and Watkins, and either Eze or Gordon. Gareth not exactly embracing his squad. 

5 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Kane just does not dominate defenders 

4 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

Kane playing like a Chelsea Pensioner.

Yep. No press. No runs. Doesn't hold the ball up. Doesn't play anyone in. Great finisher, but that's it. 

Foden finally gets in round the back, unmarked on the line, 3 players waiting in the 6 yard box, and he lays it back to the edge of the box to Walker who cocks it up.

Sums up England's performance perfectly.

I’d genuinely make at least 3 changes at half time.  Southgate would be the first one. How any manager can fail to get any sort of a tune out of this lot in two and a half games of a tournament is just criminal.

• Like 4

Just now, The Kraken said:

I’d genuinely make at least 3 changes at half time.  Southgate would be the first one. How any manager can fail to get any sort of a tune out of this lot in two and a half games of a tournament is just criminal.

Yep. Hard to imagine any manager doing much worse with this squad.