The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Thank you for the last point. Grassroots football refereeing is a thankless task. At times last season in Southampton Yourh leagues it felt like I was a verbal punchbag because VAR made it seem that Referees decisions were not to be trusted. Even at youth league level u18! Players and Managers seemed especially empowered to argue every decision - instead of getting on with the game. 
I cannot see any incentive for anyone to try refereeing at present. Even at amateur level you are treated like shxx. For less than minimum wage. You get £30 for around 3-4 hours including travel to and from games plus paperwork online. 

It’s definitely a lot worse than it used to be. The television companies don’t help with their constant over-analysis of any refereeing decision. 

I wish Southgate would 'experiment' by resigning now to see what effect it would have on the team selection ,tactics and results.  i guess we would not be able to parachute in a new manager so why not have a player\manager from one of the squas

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Totton Saint said:

I wish Southgate would 'experiment' by resigning now to see what effect it would have on the team selection ,tactics and results.  i guess we would not be able to parachute in a new manager so why not have a player\manager from one of the squas

Well the Ivory Coast sacked their manager in the group stages of the last ACON. They went on to win it........

Edited by skintsaint
  • Like 2

Did I accurately hear on Talksport earlier that the England team have had an emergency meeting where each player has told Southgate their preferred position?!? Please tell me that's satire...

Googles...

No, not satire. They actually told Southgate the positions they wanted to play in. During a major tournament.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Did I accurately hear on Talksport earlier that the England team have had an emergency meeting where each player has told Southgate their preferred position?!? Please tell me that's satire...

Googles...

No, not satire. They actually told Southgate the positions they wanted to play in. During a major tournament.

Does that include Pickford? Perhaps Kane said he did not want to play any where!

• Haha 1

Just now, Totton Saint said:

Does that include Pickford? Perhaps Kane said he did not want to play any where!

"Ever since I saw Bazunu doing so well, going up late in a game, I've dreamed about being a striker," revealed Pickford.

Perhaps the discussion was more around which position they wanted to play, to better support TAA and Foden? 🙂

24 minutes ago, Andy Hill said:

Adams really is not Premiership quality - just let him go.

6 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Adams really is wank isn’t he. I really hope it’s not true about offering him A new contract.

Thirded. So devoid of any quality

• Like 2

Adams is doing very well holding up the ball, carrying the ball, and bringing other players into play. The service to him is awful. You could look at all the stars in the England team and think they were all crap, but they clearly are not. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Adams is doing very well holding up the ball, carrying the ball, and bringing other players into play. The service to him is awful. You could look at all the stars in the England team and think they were all crap, but they clearly are not. 

Shearer agreed with you.

Just now, adrian lord said:

This group stage has been pretty dire and far too drawn out. It’s enough to extinguish one’s enthusiasm for the championships before the last 16.

What, Scotlands group?

surely not the entire group stage, as there have been some good games and cracking goals

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Not looking good!

When the camera was looking down at the player, looked like a bit of a fit….could be anything, but looked bad 

but, when he was placed on his side/recovery position, he was moving more normally. Hopefully nothing more sinister than being knocked out

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

I think it was the general casual pace of the stretcher coming on….

It's still not helpful. Medical professionals can decide for themselves what equipment they need and when. Loud booing and cheering when they're trying to communicate with each other and the patient is beyond idiotic.