The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

Trent is beyond reproach- the pundits just keep giving him a free pass. He’s crap always has been in any other position than wing back. 

Yep. It's bonkers that none of them can even bring themselves to point out the obvious and criticise him. 

Plenty of criticism of Kane at HT, but none for TAA. So weird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

Body language not great as players come up the tunnel.

You normally see a greater sense of elation and sudden relaxation in such situations.

• Haha 1

A point is actually a good result... says Southgate post match. I predict it.

Or Bellingham will save us with a moment of genius and Southgate will say we played well. 

• Like 2

Just now, SNSUN said:

A point is actually a good result... says Southgate post match. I predict it.

Or Bellingham will save us with a moment of genius and Southgate will say we played well. 

You don't think we might get beat here?

Finally, Southgate takes off the poor man’s Yan Valery. Playing him in midfield was just fucking bizarre and the sort of shit Pellegrino did, and Burley on a bad day. Speaking of which, Saints under Pellegrino is exactly how England are playing.

Saka will get a bollocking for running at opponents, and Foden fined for taking a good shot from range hitting the post.

Get some more pace on - Eze and Cole Palmer - up with Kane. Go 433. Saka is the only one gambling. Or Watkins if he really wants 442.

Gallagher booked. Shearer is right, Stones needs to break forward with the ball and push the midfield. So fucking deep.

Edit: At last! Mix up the play a bit now to get Eze and Watkins in behind.

Edited by Gloucester Saint

1 minute ago, coalman said:

This is how you get Germany in the next round.

I don't think it really matters, nobody is going to be to bothered about playing us after what we've shown so far.

This has a late Danish goal written all over it. If we were watching Saints, we'd be saying the same about the opposition. I just hope the subs can spark us into life.

• Like 1

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Trent is abysmal. Hes always been overrated, great whip on a cross but a defensive liability.

I genuinely am still laughing at how he has been described as the best passer in world football

not enough players willing to run without the ball at their feet. Need a few more 'workers' to balance the superstars.

This pitch is horrific. Some of the England players seem to have lost a little confidence because of it.