The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

First thing I noticed Adams do is dive screaming and rolling around for a freekick when he wasn't even touched. Playacting twat got the Swiss player booked, too.

Bet Wolves are buzzing that they've secured his services.

41 minutes ago, Andy Hill said:

Adams really is very average…. but admittedly he is getting very little support

Second half much like the first. He puts in a shift, but is a bit isolated. A support striker looking for a partner.

38 minutes ago, SaintsBarry74 said:

Scotlands probably the worst team at this euros, such horrible defending.

Gunn, Ralston, Hanley and Henry all have a massive error waiting to happen. Put them together...

36 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Tierney hamstrings seem to be made of glass. 

He was covering for someone else's error at the time too. Blighted with injuries, and hope he recovers soon.

2 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

Scotland's 6th ever goal at the Euros. Aptly shite, deflected in.

It looks like the keeper had the shot covered until the deflection but they have given McTominay the goal.

Edited by sadoldgit

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

It looks like the keeper had the shot covered until the deflection but they have given McTominay the goal.

The keeper 'having it covered' has no bearing on whether or not an o.g. is given. The original shot has to be off target, which McT's wasn't. What I do find irritating about the interpretation of this rule is incidents like the goal which denied Pelle a hat trick against Sunderland. The shot was clearly going in before it hit one of Liam Bridcutt's legs, then it bounced in off the other one and was given as an o.g. I would argue that had that player not touched the ball at all, the goal would have gone in, therefore it should have been Pelle's.

15 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

Must have put steel rods in his gloves to prevent flappy wrist syndrome!

Third one was where he tipped the shot round the post . The commentary said what an awful miss by the forward , the replay showed Gunn tipping it round the post ! The first 2 were full length dives so well done .

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The keeper 'having it covered' has no bearing on whether or not an o.g. is given. The original shot has to be off target, which McT's wasn't. What I do find irritating about the interpretation of this rule is incidents like the goal which denied Pelle a hat trick against Sunderland. The shot was clearly going in before it hit one of Liam Bridcutt's legs, then it bounced in off the other one and was given as an o.g. I would argue that had that player not touched the ball at all, the goal would have gone in, therefore it should have been Pelle's.

What I don’t get is that it didn’t just deflect off the defender, he leathered it into the back of the net whilst trying to clear the ball.

38 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

England unchanged.

How any competent manager can look at TAA's performance in midfield on Friday and think "yeah let's do that again" is unfathomable to me.

It is ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Southgate said he is good off the ball - now where have I heard that kind of rubbish before? 

He's finding lots of space when they have the ball for sure.