The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

10 hours ago, SNSUN said:

I made this comment straight after Bellingham’s goal…But the simple fact is that while we were poor on the whole, 6 more results like that and we’re coming home with the trophy. (Actually, technically, we could draw one of our next two and lose the other, still go through the group stage and then win the next 4 and we’d still have the trophy.)

(Actually actually we could not win another game and still come home with the trophy if we draw one of the next two games then succeed in 4 penalty shoot outs!)

Spit Take GIF

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SNSUN said:

I made this comment straight after Bellingham’s goal…

But the simple fact is that while we were poor on the whole, 6 more results like that and we’re coming home with the trophy. (Actually, technically, we could draw one of our next two and lose the other, still go through the group stage and then win the next 4 and we’d still have the trophy.)

(Actually actually we could not win another game and still come home with the trophy if we draw one of the next two games then succeed in 4 penalty shoot outs!)

It’s a results business ultimately… but anyway I do think England will improve.

The more that went on you morphed into Southgate! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Saint NL said:

Danso has played very well tonight.

By all accounts he's developed in to a very good defender over the last couple of years.  Always thought he looked like he had a lot of potential at Southampton, but Ralph didn't seem to fancy/trust him.

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

By all accounts he's developed in to a very good defender over the last couple of years.  Always thought he looked like he had a lot of potential at Southampton, but Ralph didn't seem to fancy/trust him.

Which I always found odd as he was clearly one of his picks, given he came from Germany and was Austrian - someone Ralph would have vetted more than any of our scouts.

We used to paly him as a LB though which didn't help, he used to fly into challenges at LB and was a bit of a loose cannon. We never gave him the chance to develop at CB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Guler is some player, hope he doesn't lose his potential by rotting away at Madrid.

I reckon a loan move to a newly promoted PL club with Turkish connections would be his best development path.... ;)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Fuck me, what a goal from Guler for Turkiye :lol:

I saw Thomas Frank saying the other day he doesnt like his teams to shoot from outside the box but in this tournament the majority of goals seem to be shots outside the box.

Best game of the tournament so far. This is the football I remember from yesteryear before ‘Pep’ ruined it with all his mundane shite. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Georgian keeper, Mamardashvili, should be on the Saints radar.  Looks a decent upgrade from what we have.

I was thinking the same. Good hands and a bit unhinged. A bit like the Georgian rugby players. Would scare the shit out of a lot of premier league forwards. 
Edit: and our back four which would keep them honest!

Edited by Elmore Saint

25 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Georgian keeper, Mamardashvili, should be on the Saints radar.  Looks a decent upgrade from what we have.

Plays for Valencia, bit out our price range I’d say. 

Really good game, my favourite so far. Georgia may be seen as the minnows, but they have some decent players. Like you say above, their keeper is of a high level playing at Valencia.

Kvaratskhelia is also one of the best attackers in the world right now.

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Czech keeper looks handy. 

If I were you, I would try to transfer backup goalkeeper Matej Kovar, maybe on loan, Bayer Leverkusen was also very good. He conceded 6 fewer goals than he should have conceded in 13 matches.

48 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Looks like some Saints fan lost their flag to the Serbs..

image.thumb.png.27733ea7c71a360f24d4e99a71b3ede2.png

I did spot the Millwall (No One Likes Us) obscuring the Saints one (both above) during the game. They might have captured a bunch in that area of the stadium. It'll be Kosovo next...