The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

Romania's 3rd goal - if that was in the PL we would still be waiting for VAR to decide if it was offside or not.

It's very refreshing to see it being used in a much more subtle way. The PMGOL should take note.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Romania's 3rd goal - if that was in the PL we would still be waiting for VAR to decide if it was offside or not.

It's very refreshing to see it being used in a much more subtle way. The PMGOL should take note.

We'll have the new semi-automated tech next season. PGMOL decided against using it in 23-24, for whatever reason

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Would you be as sanguine about it if it was Saints instead of Belgium ?

no, but I would want it disallowed if it was Leeds and they thought they took the lead or equalised at Wembley....

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

Belgium flattered to deceive really, a lot of huff and puff from them (although they can count themselves a bit unlucky with two disallowed goal).

First kinda shock of the tournament.

47 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Awful handball decision imo. It brushes his hand but decision completely ignores context of him getting shoved beforehand by the defender.

This. It would be interesting to see what the rules state but surely is the defender is pushing into his arm then it’s not positioned where it is deliberately?

48 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

image.png.f50ebb80bf081ca01bf13eba8aee2586.png

Wut...

It’s confusing as I watched that interview at the time and I was sure Danny Rohl said “we have to accept this result”, I was only really half paying attention but the question to him seemed to be framed around the fact that he was a Belgian. I’d have to watch it again but it was strange at the time, and seeing this just makes it more so.

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

Saints legend Kevin Danso playing tonight. Wish him luck against the French front 3

I don’t remember much about his performances was he Bambi on ice?

Edited by Give it to Ron

Just now, Scully said:

Surely thats a corner? Should have scored though!

The most blatant corner you’ll see. There are some decent underrated sides in this championship. Just can’t see England coming close. 

45 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

It’s confusing as I watched that interview at the time and I was sure Danny Rohl said “we have to accept this result”, I was only really half paying attention but the question to him seemed to be framed around the fact that he was a Belgian. I’d have to watch it again but it was strange at the time, and seeing this just makes it more so.

Even stranger considering he’s German 

IMG_4548.png

What’s all this bollocks about breaking up food in front of opposition fans? Austrians doing it today with baguettes, Albanians did it yesterday with spaghetti. Is this epic Bantz these days?