The Euro 2024 Thread

AlexLaw76

Bellingham and Saka excellent, Rice hopefully should be helped by Gallagher being on, TAA awful. Foden hit and miss, Dusan booked for bringing him down. Guehi done well, Stones a bit ropey at times. Serbs have got to go for it now, Kane hits the bar, keeper saved that! What a save.

Foden gives it away in a dangerous area yet again, get him subbed.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 2

Just now, Turkish said:

I’d love him to do well for England. Unfortunately there seems to be this narrative that we have to find a place for him. 
has he proved everyone wrong tonight?

I agree he is massively overhyped by many pundits and commentators but that doesn’t mean he is shit. And he wasn’t worst player on display tonight 

Just now, Saint Billy said:

I don't get this laborious sideways and backwards passing and then the ball goes back to Pickford who just lambasts it to nowhere.

#southgateball ?

Well, its been the perfect tactic going back 40 years.

Get an early goal in the first 15 minutes.

Defend for 75 minutes plus stoppage time.

That's what got us all the European championships and World Cups.

The opposition, in this case Serbia, will never attack us in this state.

Just now, The Kraken said:

Foden really needs a kick up the bum.

Just now, SNSUN said:

Foden has been off it tonight. Get him off.

He's been average at best. Palmer should be on for him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

I agree he is massively overhyped by many pundits and commentators but that doesn’t mean he is shit. And he wasn’t worst player on display tonight 

For England?  Apart from Foden I can’t think of anyone worse. Although Conor Gallagher is proving a bit like for like. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

When you get hyped up like that you’re always going to get criticism when you don’t deliver. He has been poor so have many others but not everyone else had people saying they were the worlds best passer before the game 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Grealish would have offered something different…..

Good point. Southgate takes 2 others over him but doesn't bring either on when Foden is struggling. Odd. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Good point. Southgate takes 2 others over him but doesn't bring either on when Foden is struggling. Odd. 

Grealish would have been perfect, get the ball to him let him keep it, draw fouls get us up the pitch. 

he’s persevering with Foden who has been shit all night 

• Like 3

Just now, Sheaf Saint said:

Bowen has been completely anonymous since he came on. And with Foden offering nothing on the other side it's no wonder we are looking so poor in attack this half.

Bowen is such a Southgate type pick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Bowen has been completely anonymous since he came on. And with Foden offering nothing on the other side it's no wonder we are looking so poor in attack this half.

Apart from putting a goal on a plate for Kane. He's had to defend mostly to be fair. 

• Like 1

Alright for 30, but utter horse shit in that second half. Such a hard watch!

Kane had a stinker. Foden ditto, shocker - we seem to struggle to accommodate him into the side. Guehi, Rice, Bellingham and Saka the best 4 for us.

A win's a win, but no one is going to be quaking in their boots after that. Serbia unlucky not to get a 1-1.

• Like 2

Well, looking for positives... Everyone was concerned about our defence, but we kept a clean sheet despite the pressure we were under for the last hour of the game.

But the way we struggled to get out and up the pitch in the second half was very worrying. 

A Southgate second half really.  Only hope is that we get so far ahead in the first that he can't really fu*k it up with whatever shite he spouts af halftime.

Edited by scumbag

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Well, looking for positives... Everyone was concerned about our defence, but we kept a clean sheet despite the pressure we were under for the last hour of the game.

But the way we struggled to get out and up the pitch in the second half was very worrying. 

Foden was gash and Kane was fucking appalling. Offered absolutely nothing as a lone forward within the patterns of play. Well and truly in the defenders pocket.

Kane saying his game was about holding the ball up…. Hardly did that at all

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Oh please. Just fuck the fuck off with Sweet Caroline FFS. 

Yep. It's about an 11 year old girl. Just wrong. 

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Foden was gash and Kanes was fucking appalling. Offered absolutely nothing as a lone forward within the patterns of play. Well and truly in the defenders pocket.

He's looked a bit ropey for a few months now. I wonder if he's been nursing an injury. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Elephant in the room for me is if foden needs dropping. I've never seen him play well for England and we have Gordon and Palmer chomping at the bit. 

Yep. Palmer should be there for me, on merit and form. Arguable case for Gordon though. 

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

He's looked a bit ropey for a few months now. I wonder if he's been nursing an injury. 

He is turning into a tired Wayne Rooney. Little movement and dropping further deeper.

like Rooney, he will remain in the side to the detriment of the team on many occasions

1 minute ago, egg said:

Yep. Palmer should be there for me, on merit and form. Arguable case for Gordon though. 

Agreed, but Foden does have the numbers in the league to back him up too.

I have a feeling that Foden is this generations 'club player' who cannot ever transfer it to International level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Positives. Defence was decent. Saka was superb first half. Bellingham ditto. Rice was carrying TAA for me, but became scrappy. Pickford dealt with everything. We didn't concede. We won. 

• Like 2