Armando Broja

Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Not in the squad for Albania tonight, apparently has a muscle injury.

That explains why my son said that he saw him getting out of a Merc SUV and going into a hairdressers in Southampton on Wednesday, seemed strange that he wasn't with the Albania squad. Hope muscle injury isn't too serious.

Was looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

Edited by M271

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Broja definitely our best striker and looks like he could have a great career. Not too many players who are 6'3, fast, strong and with good finishing.

No chance we could afford him but possibly could loan him again although I think he would be a good option off the bench for Chelsea.

Excellent signing from Saints to be fair.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 2

Easily our best striker, really good recruitment from Chelsea in the summer that's for sure.

Not sure what our chances are of keeping him, but I'd try and extend his loan in January to 18 months if we can - get him here for another season so we can plan around him.

We don't have any other striker close to him in terms of threat and natural ability.

Without a takeover which provides some meaningful transfer funding, we'll likely be outbid even if he did want to stay here. If he carries on his current form, Chelsea will want at least £20m for him with 4 years left on his deal with them by the end of next summer. A shame, because he's exactly what we need at the top end of the pitch. 

Great goal tonight and another very nice run. Faded a little as the game went on and probably would have been subbed a little earlier if we had a better bench. That was likely due to the injury he picked up on the weekend though

2 hours ago, Saint_lambden said:

Without a takeover which provides some meaningful transfer funding, we'll likely be outbid even if he did want to stay here. If he carries on his current form, Chelsea will want at least £20m for him with 4 years left on his deal with them by the end of next summer. A shame, because he's exactly what we need at the top end of the pitch. 

I'd call him a bargain at 20m, wouldn't you?   I agree though, we haven't had a striker in his mould since Pelle.   Broja is much more mobile than Pelle and a decade younger.   Somehow it seems a faint hope that he stays - surely Chelsea will want him back or another Club stumps more than the 20m you mention.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, austsaint said:

I'd call him a bargain at 20m, wouldn't you?   I agree though, we haven't had a striker in his mould since Pelle.   Broja is much more mobile than Pelle and a decade younger.   Somehow it seems a faint hope that he stays - surely Chelsea will want him back or another Club stumps more than the 20m you mention.

For me it seems clear that he is destined for the very top and I think Chelsea are well aware of how good he is. No way will we be able to sign him - best we can hope for is a two season long loan deal. 

Yeah, another year on loan would be fantastic - he’s the real deal. No way on earth we’ll be able to afford to bid for him. If Chelsea even dreamed of letting him go, Newcastle and Arsenal would both bid £30m plus. Best hope, if he’s not keeping Lukaku on the bench at the Bridge next season, is another season on loan knowing he’ll be the main man here. 

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

For me it seems clear that he is destined for the very top and I think Chelsea are well aware of how good he is. No way will we be able to sign him - best we can hope for is a two season long loan deal. 

But Twar has confirmed, that according to his spreadsheet, Armstrong has a higher ceiling than Broja. 

Hopefully “like minded people”, just like those who according to him run our club, work at Chelsea as well, so we can do a swap deal for the 2. 

Ps. I’m obviously joking. Absolutely no one on this planet (other than morons that think they know it all, like TWar) would swap Armstrong for Broja. 

4 hours ago, Dman said:

But Twar has confirmed, that according to his spreadsheet, Armstrong has a higher ceiling than Broja. 

Hopefully “like minded people”, just like those who according to him run our club, work at Chelsea as well, so we can do a swap deal for the 2. 

Ps. I’m obviously joking. Absolutely no one on this planet (other than morons that think they know it all, like TWar) would swap Armstrong for Broja. 

Damn, this is one very angry post

Guess we didn't lose yesterday so you are in a bad mood, nothing else to moan about. Chin up mate, at least pompey won this week.

Edited by TWar

5 minutes ago, TWar said:

Guess we didn't lose yesterday so you are in a bad mood, nothing else to moan about. Chin up mate, at least pompey won this week.

He's so unbelievably tedious. I didn't particularly agree with your thing about Armstrong and Broja but doesn't mean I'm going to follow you around the message board banging on about it.

I hear so many ridiculous views at matches that I can only imagine he must spend his time at St Mary's following people around the stadium and telling them they are wrong in a overtly patronising way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

He's so unbelievably tedious. I didn't particularly agree with your thing about Armstrong and Broja but doesn't mean I'm going to follow you around the message board banging on about it.

I hear so many ridiculous views at matches that I can only imagine he must spend his time at St Mary's following people around the stadium and telling them they are wrong in a overtly patronising way.

I think it's a shame really, there are a couple of people on this forum who do it. They tend to have a great time when we lose doom mongering and comparing us to league 1 sides but when we don't they have to do something with all the negativity so go on tirades like this. Duckhunter is the same, we got a positive result yesterday and the first post I saw from him since was criticising some opinion I shared about Benitez a while back. It wasn't even relevant to the conversation, no one mentioned everton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TWar said:

Nope, a decent enough point given how poor we are. Realistically, we should be beating palace, but under this manager I don’t feel like we’ll win any games. 

I’m Just calling out more of your absolute nonsense which has once again proven to be wrong. 

1 hour ago, TWar said:

I think it's a shame really, there are a couple of people on this forum who do it. They tend to have a great time when we lose doom mongering and comparing us to league 1 sides but when we don't they have to do something with all the negativity so go on tirades like this. Duckhunter is the same, we got a positive result yesterday and the first post I saw from him since was criticising some opinion I shared about Benitez a while back. It wasn't even relevant to the conversation, no one mentioned everton.

I shouldn't let it get to you.  I don't agree with your Broja v Armstrong line but like hearing different opinions.  You put yourself up with opinions and I'm fine with that.  You need to expect to be shot down but some the crap you get reads like bitterness from on-line bullies who seem to enjoy misery.

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Nope, a decent enough point given how poor we are. Realistically, we should be beating palace, but under this manager I don’t feel like we’ll win any games. 

I’m Just calling out more of your absolute nonsense which has once again proven to be wrong. 

The problem is that's all you do.  There is the occasional mildly interesting post but 95% are just the same old same old.  It comes across that you're the one with the issue and, as I said on the other thread, I think you should consider professional help

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

The problem is that's all you do.  There is the occasional mildly interesting post but 95% are just the same old same old.  It comes across that you're the one with the issue and, as I said on the other thread, I think you should consider professional help

Unfortunately I only get 3 posts, so I need to make the most of them (debating with the posts I disagree with). The majority of my wisdom is left un typed and/or ranted to my partner about 😔

Edited by Dman

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

So in this post where I call you out for being negative despite a positive result away from home and a good performance you find an excuse to:

A) Call the team poor

B) Slag off the manager

C) Continue to bitch and whine about a difference of opinion we have regarding the quality of two of our players

Can't you just be happy we got a point and celebrate that Broja played well and scored a wondergoal as did JWP?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

I shouldn't let it get to you.  I don't agree with your Broja v Armstrong line but like hearing different opinions.  You put yourself up with opinions and I'm fine with that.  You need to expect to be shot down but some the crap you get reads like bitterness from on-line bullies who seem to enjoy misery.

It's fine. The forum is actually a really nice place to be when we are doing well. People interact honestly and pleasantly, everyone shares their views and the worst they'll get is someone saying "Oh I don't agree at all because...", and it's generally a good environment.

When we lose a certain few posters come out, and everyone knows who they are and expects them, and they bitterly point score, rant, and make wildly hyperbolas claims in order to piss others off. Most aren't as blatant as to compare us negatively to our arch rivals in league 1.

For most I think its a matter of "I'm upset because my team is doing bad and I want to bring others down with me to wallow", but definitely some, including those who praise fucking pompey, I sometimes suspect may be more in favour of those down the road.

33 minutes ago, Dman said:

Realistically we should be beating Palace? They are a similar size club to us with some pretty decent players and a couple who are better than what we have.

A draw away from home against them is perfectly fine. 

6 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Realistically we should be beating Palace? They are a similar size club to us with some pretty decent players and a couple who are better than what we have.

Schrodingers DMan. Simultaneously our squad is championship level and our captain is wank but also we should be expecting results 3 points against good quality midtable sides with three of our best forwards out. The squad is bad when he wants to insult our players and good when he wants to insult the manager. Consistency doesn't matter, it's just about being as negative as is feasibly possible in the moment. The way of the troll.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Saint_lambden said:

I’d bite there hands for £20m. The lad has scored more than most of Chelsea’s forwards this year. Big, strong, quick and knows where the goal is. I’d hate to think what he would cost esp with 4 years left on a contract.

24 minutes ago, The Cat said:

This all day long. CPFC are a decent side so, a point in the road is good. I expect adman was expecting us to lose but is still not happy we actually got a point. All a bit bizarre tbh.

On 16/12/2021 at 16:25, The Cat said:

That’s a very fair point, probably slightly OTT to say we should be beating. I should rephrase to:

realistically we shouldn’t be celebrating a draw against palace. 

34 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

I don’t think Chelsea would have given him that 5 year contract in the summer if they had any intention of allowing him to leave…..

Chelsea will do what they do with almost every single one of their younger players (and they do it brilliantly).  They will use him to make money.

Edited by AlexLaw76

Tino has played a few good passes here and there, but over the past few games his crossing has looked pretty ordinary. He'll be a top player just with what he's got, but he already looks a step behind James and TAA in that department (and certainly not at the technical level of Bale, who strikes a ball about as well as it can be struck).

As such, a very good striker like Broja is going to be worth about twice as much as a very good fullback, assuming both fulfil their respective levels of potential. I can't see Chelsea being interested.

12 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

Tino has played a few good passes here and there, but over the past few games his crossing has looked pretty ordinary. He'll be a top player just with what he's got, but he already looks a step behind James and TAA in that department (and certainly not at the technical level of Bale, who strikes a ball about as well as it can be struck).

As such, a very good striker like Broja is going to be worth about twice as much as a very good fullback, assuming both fulfil their respective levels of potential. I can't see Chelsea being interested.

Yeah it’s unlikely but if they do come back in for tino which is quite possible it would give us a chance to cut some sort of deal on broja possibly.

would be good if this relationship with Chelsea continues they have a pool of good young talent now and our dealings with them have been great just a shame broja move couldn’t have been a perm 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

Excellent today. Has strength, power, decent pace and good technical ability. When he puts it all together he's a real handful.

Nice to have 2 strikers with the ability to hold the ball up as you need that depth in the squad. I thought Adams did a decent job at that when he came on today too.

• Like 3

Another loan is probably the best option we can hope for, hopefully he enjoys it here and gets on well with Ralph that he wouldn't want to risk a loan to a different PL club.

Probably need to hope Lukaku finds his form for the rest of the season as well, or Chelsea go out and buy Haaland in the summer, if they did that then I think we could sign him. 

• Like 1

We need to do everything we can to keep him after this season. Whether its on another loan or to somehow buy him (if these new owner rumours are true). Can see a team like Villa or West Ham getting him for £40m though which is over our budget for one player.

10 hours ago, tunit said:

We need to do everything we can to keep him after this season. Whether its on another loan or to somehow buy him (if these new owner rumours are true). Can see a team like Villa or West Ham getting him for £40m though which is over our budget for one player.

Easy for a punter like me to say I know - but if a new owner is imminent, then their first bit of business should be offering the 40m pounds or so for Broja if he was gettable on a permanent deal.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Armando Broja