Armando Broja

Matthew Le God

5 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Well that's nonsense. Ings, Mane, Rodriguez, Lambert all got the fans excited and out of their seat. 

He might just be the paciest forward we've had though. Not sure if Jonno Quick.

Mane, I'll grant you, but as good Ings, Jay Rod or Lambert (at least in the PL) were, they were not players who got your off your feet in anticipation of what they'd do. Players that can do that are few and far between. Broja destroyed their full back for pace despite the other lads head start - we've not a player with the ability to do something like that in a long while. The kid had something. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Mane, I'll grant you, but as good Ings, Jay Rod or Lambert (at least in the PL) were, they were not players who got your off your feet in anticipation of what they'd do. Players that can do that are few and far between. Broja destroyed their full back for pace despite the other lads head start - we've not a player with the ability to do something like that in a long while. The kid had something. 

I find it hard to be excited by broja, just because he will never be our player. If he doesn't go back to Chelsea another big club will buy him. I know if he helps us stay up its job done but don't like us improving other teams players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Streaky said:

I find it hard to be excited by broja, just because he will never be our player. If he doesn't go back to Chelsea another big club will buy him. I know if he helps us stay up its job done but don't like us improving other teams players.

I agree but the reality is this will happen more often over the coming seasons until we have a wealthy owner willing to spend. So probably for ever. 

13 minutes ago, Streaky said:

I get that, but the harsh reality is that good players use us a stepping stone anyway so they're never ours for long. It's tough being where we are, layer cake etc. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Streaky said:

He's OUR player this season, and I am excited by him. And if he does well and tells Chelsea he wants to stay with Southampton, that may make a difference. So get excited, give him love.

If you live in Stamshaw and somebody offers you the chance to live in a mansion in Beverly Hills for a year, you take it whether you own it or not. If he scores 30 goals for us, I couldn’t care less if he signed for Pompey next season. I’m just glad we’ll have had someone of genuine quality for a season, rather than sending the likes of Long, N’Lundulu and Obafemi on to try and change a game.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If you live in Stamshaw and somebody offers you the chance to live in a mansion in Beverly Hills for a year, you take it whether you own it or not. If he scores 30 goals for us, I couldn’t care less if he signed for Pompey next season. I’m just glad we’ll have had someone of genuine quality for a season, rather than sending the likes of Long, N’Lundulu and Obafemi on to try and change a game.

Exactly. Given the chance, would we have wanted Ronaldo for a year knowing that he might leave at the end of it?

18 hours ago, Streaky said:

A club like us can often only attract quality young players if they see it as a shop window opportunity and the chance of a step up. Yes he looks like an excellent prospect and it would be great to have him as a permanent signing, but surely better to have that quality for a season than not at all?

• Like 1

For comparison I've just looked at how long our own youth products spent playing for the first team.

Gareth Bale April 2006 to May 2007

Theo Walcott August 2005 to January 2006

Luke Shaw  August 2012 to June 2014

So apart from giving us a profit when sold good young players are unlikely to be with us very long one way or another.  Let's enjoy them whilst they are here.

Edited by Whitey Grandad
Fat fingers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

For comparison I've just looked at how long our own youth products spent playing for the first team.

Gareth Bale April 2006 to May 2007

Theo Walcott August 2005 to January 2006

Luke Shaw  August 2021 to June 2014

So apart from giving us a profit when sold good young players are unlikely to be with us very long one way or another.  Let's enjoy them whilst they are here.

Luke Shaw was with us minus seven years? He must be desperate to avoid association with us.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, egg said:

Broja destroyed their full back for pace. 

I was in sympathy with Obgonna tbh.

I was looking on this Brojuice guy with some interest when he come on, cos I'd never heard of him. I'm not so on top of things as I once was - that's why I've come on here to Find Out. Anyway, I was looking on him, cos I was at the game and everything, and he didn't at all look like he'd be quick. I mean, not Jonno Quick.

You don't expect it of Bros, or Brojas, once they reach a certain height. Especially if they're white. I'm not saying he's Peter Crouch, but he might be gangly Pelle, or say, that guy we had in the Championship. Rasiak.

Ogbonna clearly made the same judgement. When Brodar flicks it past him, poor old Ogbonna turns and jogs along, comfortable in the knowledge that he has like a 3 yard head start, and only 10 yards to go, and then this red blur buzzes past him like a fkn missile. It was a beautiful moment! Certainly my highlight of the match, excepting when Steve Jacksons put Antonio in a headlock.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/09/2021 at 17:04, Bearsy said:

I was in sympathy with Obgonna tbh.

I was looking on this Brojuice guy with some interest when he come on, cos I'd never heard of him. I'm not so on top of things as I once was - that's why I've come on here to Find Out. Anyway, I was looking on him, cos I was at the game and everything, and he didn't at all look like he'd be quick. I mean, not Jonno Quick.

You don't expect it of Bros, or Brojas, once they reach a certain height. Especially if they're white. I'm not saying he's Peter Crouch, but he might be gangly Pelle, or say, that guy we had in the Championship. Rasiak.

Ogbonna clearly made the same judgement. When Brodar flicks it past him, poor old Ogbonna turns and jogs along, comfortable in the knowledge that he has like a 3 yard head start, and only 10 yards to go, and then this red blur buzzes past him like a fkn missile. It was a beautiful moment! Certainly my highlight of the match, excepting when Steve Jacksons put Antonio in a headlock.

This thread needs a bump after Broja scored another brilliant goal last night.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rickman42 said:

From the goals I've seen him score for Albania and his performances so far this season, he's more than capable of creating his own chances.

He's exactly what we've been missing since Ings left...that little moment of magic that can win a match

Exactly. He has scored in the last 3 games he has played for Albania.

Edited by manji
  • Like 1

For the life of me I fail to understand why Broja is not being given more playing time.

Some have suggested that he is indifferent/shows lack of interest. If I was him and knew I was better than those being picked for the team perhaps I would feel the same.

As manager I would select him and give him a run  to see if his lack of interest is caused by a lack of game time. Either way he should be given the chance to show what he is made of.

Edited by SFC Forever
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rickman42 said:

If Broja scores again tonight then surely he should start against Leeds to build on his momentum.

With that being said, he'll probably start anyway with Che injured

Didn't Ralph leave a lot of the players who had been on international duty out of the next league game last time?

Edited by Turkish

4 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

Hasenhuttl usually favours players who've been in training all week, doesn't he after internationals? Could be Tella against Leeds and then Broja against Burnley. Either way, it's a shame he isn't ours.

Going to Sandcastle Arabia in next 2-3 seasons along with Tino............................

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SFC Forever said:

For the life of me I fail to understand why Broja is not being given more playing time.

Some have suggested that he is indifferent/shows lack of interest. If I was him and knew I was better than those being picked for the team perhaps I would feel the same.

As manager I would select him and give him a run  to see if his lack of interest is caused by a lack of game time. Either way he should be given the chance to show what he is made of.

Its been 7 games ffs

• Like 4

I don't believe it! Came off the bench to score an amazing, winning, goal (which no other player would ever be capable of scoring) and he still isn't given a start in this evenings must win game against Poland. On the bench again! What is the idiot Albanian national team manager thinking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Minsk said:

I don't believe it! Came off the bench to score an amazing, winning, goal (which no other player would ever be capable of scoring) and he still isn't given a start in this evenings must win game against Poland. On the bench again! What is the idiot Albanian national team manager thinking?

He'd have no chance tonight up against Jan Bednarek anyway 

5 hours ago, SFC Forever said:

When you say “some have suggested”… that actually came from Ralph. I understand your logic in saying give him a run, but I’m pretty certain that’s not how it works with Ralph, he’s definitely a “my way or the highway” type manager, which is one of the reasons I would suggest we lack spontaneity.

6 hours ago, SFC Forever said:

We have played 7 league and 2 cup matches. He wasn't fit/ready to be selected in the match day squad for the first 2 league matches and wasn't allowed to be selected for the last one. He was brought on as a sub in all other 4 getting around 20 minutes in 2, 25 minutes in a third and 30 minutes in the other. He also started both cup matches. I would say that is giving him a chance to show what he's made of, without putting too much pressure on a 20 year old's shoulders. Incidentally, prior to coming here his only experience of full professional football in the UK was a solitary appearance, as an 84th minute sub, for Chelsea in March last year (season before last).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minsk said:

Resting him so that we can unleash him on Leeds. Very kind of him I say :)

2 hours ago, Minsk said:

Funny!

How shit must Broja be in training for Ralph not to see how good a striker he is? I mean it's bloody obvious to anyone watching today that he's a class above anyone else we've got. Still, Ralph and plenty of others claim he is best as an impact sub. I must see a different game,

Just now, Teddeer said:

How shit must Broja be in training for Ralph not to see how good a striker he is? I mean it's bloody obvious to anyone watching today that he's a class above anyone else we've got. Still, Ralph and plenty of others claim he is best as an impact sub. I must see a different game,

You know he started the match today don't you...?

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You know he started the match today don't you...?

You don't say! Only because Adams is injured and we all know that Che, given exactly the same chance as Broja, would have smashed the ball straight at the keeper.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Armando Broja