2024/25 season ticket information released

CSA96

10 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Seems decent to me. Easy to transfer tickets, club saves money not having to make the cards and distribute them. You also can't lose your ticket, even if you lose your phone you just download the app again on another one.

No different to gigs now where you don't really ever get physical tickets anymore. 

The number of people who don't have a smartphone and go to watch Saints must be miniscule and they will sort those people out separately.

Indeed. I get older people  being concerned but QR codes are everywhere. Can’t imagine travelling abroad or catching train without digital boarding pass and tickets. Only thing to watch is battery life if caning your phone. 

Is this going to allow more or less away fans into the home areas? Or make no difference? Note that it says only can be transferred the one time.

Does the club actually care about away supporters in the home ends?

I have tried to access the App just now.

Appreciate I have been brought up using a quill and ink but have failed miserably and have been advised that there is up to a 5 day wait to receive a reply to my email.

Are there other options available to us old uns such as a physical ticket?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

I have tried to access the App just now.

Appreciate I have been brought up using a quill and ink but have failed miserably and have been advised that there is up to a 5 day wait to receive a reply to my email.

Are there other options available to us old uns such as a physical ticket?

What was your the issue with the app? I downloaded it just now, had to enter my email address and then a code emailed to me and I was straight in.

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

What was your the issue with the app? I downloaded it just now, had to enter my email address and then a code emailed to me and I was straight in.

Same as that - took me start to finish no more than 2 mins. Oh and I’m ink pen (not quite quill).

I've downloaded the app no problem. The bit I don't understand is the transfer to another person. It seems the person you want to transfer to has to have the app as well. When you download the app you have to sign in so how will this work?

57 minutes ago, gandalf said:

I've downloaded the app no problem. The bit I don't understand is the transfer to another person. It seems the person you want to transfer to has to have the app as well. When you download the app you have to sign in so how will this work?

I may well be wrong but as I read it you get a ticket and QR code for each game. I’m assuming if you want to transfer the ticket to somebody else there will be the facility within the app to email that individual ticket and code, they don’t need the app just an email address to send the ticket to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Are they seriously looking to charge people an extra £10 if they need an old style card?

"We advise all fans to download the Saints Ticket app if they are able to.

Any fans who do not have a smartphone or those with accessible needs will be able to request a physical Season Ticket card if needed. We will communicate a specific window when supporters can contact our Ticket Office to request this. 

Junior fans who may not have a smartphone will be able to store tickets on their registered adult’s smartphone within the new app. 

A discretionary charge of £10.00 per Season Ticket may be applied on a case-by-case review".  

22 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

For what purpose? 

We don’t yet know what restrictions there will be on others using your season ticket by transfer through the app. A phone is a phone though whoever is holding it.

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We don’t yet know what restrictions there will be on others using your season ticket by transfer through the app. A phone is a phone though whoever is holding it.

Suspect it'll be the same restrictions there has been for years and is at all other grounds. Don't give it to away fans (obvious ones anyway) or anyone you think might get you banned through behaviour because it will be traced back to you. 

29 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Suspect it'll be the same restrictions there has been for years and is at all other grounds. Don't give it to away fans (obvious ones anyway) or anyone you think might get you banned through behaviour because it will be traced back to you. 

I rather suspect it will be more restrictive than it has been up til now. We shall see.

Ah here we go,

"Each time you log into the app you will have to go through the account verification process."

and,

"All tickets on the app will have a QR code activated 12 hours before kick-off.

At St Mary's, you will be able to scan through the turnstiles using the app. The app does not need wi-fi or data ensuring all supporters can access."

yet,

"It is important to transfer, as screenshots will not work."

What the f**k???

This will not end well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I rather suspect it will be more restrictive than it has been up til now. We shall see.

Ah here we go,

"Each time you log into the app you will have to go through the account verification process."

and,

"All tickets on the app will have a QR code activated 12 hours before kick-off.

At St Mary's, you will be able to scan through the turnstiles using the app. The app does not need wi-fi or data ensuring all supporters can access."

yet,

"It is important to transfer, as screenshots will not work."

What the f**k???

This will not end well.

These are perfectly normal processes for apps.

Mixed views on this as season ticket holder with family of three tickets, one of which is my elderly dad who needs some help on this stuff.  And am influenced by my mate who is a Spurs season ticket holder (family have four tickets) which is a club that has run with this approach for a few years.  Trying to be balanced here:

- good news is not waiting on Royal Mail for cup tickets being sent out

- I also get club saves costs with no mailing, paper and plastic, eco friendly eg etc

- the transfer device is potentially useful if my daughter is travelling independently and saves faffing about to hand her card etc

- less positive is my mate has had experience of waiting for a couple of tickets for match day to drop into the app and not receiving it until two hours before game, which is pretty stressful!  Hopefully our system will be bullet proof…!  So people saying “it’s just like going to a gig” is not the same as I go to plenty and they don’t arrive as late as 12 hours before in my experience

- also you only realise how all of this is tricky for some elderly or less able fans when you actually experience it

So pro’s and cons.  Would be way better if for season tickets they simply sent the QR code that works for the whole season through in one go

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Forester said:

So people saying “it’s just like going to a gig” is not the same as I go to plenty and they don’t arrive as late as 12 hours before in my experience

They certainly do when buying tickets through Dice. In fact they often generate only 2 hours before the gig.

I've used Dice countless times for anything from 100 cap gigs to big one day festivals and never had any problems.

https://dicefm.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19413725197713-How-to-activate-your-tickets-on-the-day-of-the-event

31 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They certainly do when buying tickets through Dice. In fact they often generate only 2 hours before the gig.

I've used Dice countless times for anything from 100 cap gigs to big one day festivals and never had any problems.

https://dicefm.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19413725197713-How-to-activate-your-tickets-on-the-day-of-the-event

I’ve never been to a ‘gig’ and I don’t suppose many of my neighbours in the Kingsland have either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Forester said:

Mixed views on this as season ticket holder with family of three tickets, one of which is my elderly dad who needs some help on this stuff.  And am influenced by my mate who is a Spurs season ticket holder (family have four tickets) which is a club that has run with this approach for a few years.  Trying to be balanced here:

- good news is not waiting on Royal Mail for cup tickets being sent out

- I also get club saves costs with no mailing, paper and plastic, eco friendly eg etc

- the transfer device is potentially useful if my daughter is travelling independently and saves faffing about to hand her card etc

- less positive is my mate has had experience of waiting for a couple of tickets for match day to drop into the app and not receiving it until two hours before game, which is pretty stressful!  Hopefully our system will be bullet proof…!  So people saying “it’s just like going to a gig” is not the same as I go to plenty and they don’t arrive as late as 12 hours before in my experience

- also you only realise how all of this is tricky for some elderly or less able fans when you actually experience it

So pro’s and cons.  Would be way better if for season tickets they simply sent the QR code that works for the whole season through in one go

At this years Euros, although the tickets came through on App  well before match I attended, bar code for game only came through a few hours before the game 

4 minutes ago, oldsarum said:

At this years Euros, although the tickets came through on App  well before match I attended, bar code for game only came through a few hours before the game 

It relies on you having an internet connection at that time. 

19 hours ago, gandalf said:

Below is taken from FAQ's and is why I am uncertain about the transfer arrangement:

Yes – we are excited to offer this feature as a benefit that has not previously existed. The recipient must download our Saints Tickets app if they haven’t previously done so, in order to access the ticket(s) you have passed onto them. 

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’ve never been to a ‘gig’ and I don’t suppose many of my neighbours in the Kingsland have either.

Me neither.

Cant we go back to the days when the system was simple?

ie as a schoolboy I did a weekday and Sunday paper round to get enough cash to pay for my bus fare 1/6d return, a Plested Pie 10d, a programme 3d and entrance to the boys turnstile 1/- 

No faffing around.

Oh and when we were in the queue to get into the ground we used to talk to one another and not spend endless time there or on the bus, walking to/from the ground and during the game staring endlessly at a screen!!!

Even getting sodden wet watching the game in the Chocolate Box was part of the experience as was using the 19th century toilets.

Made us hardy fellows!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Baffled that people have never in their lives been to watch live music.

It will be fine, this is the way which tickets are going and to be honest I'm all for it. Why faff around printing cards and paying people to put them in envelopes and post them when it can be done digitally? Other than going to away games I can't remember the last time I had an actual ticket for anything I have been to.

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Baffled that people have never in their lives been to watch live music.

It will be fine, this is the way which tickets are going and to be honest I'm all for it. Why faff around printing cards and paying people to put them in envelopes and post them when it can be done digitally? Other than going to away games I can't remember the last time I had an actual ticket for anything I have been to.

There are many sorts of live music. Many have never been to an opera or a concert at the Albert Hall.

Electronics is unreliable. I speak as someone who has been in this business all my working life.

Printing anything and putting it in an envelope is a lot cheaper that running an IT department. A season ticket only needs to be posted once and the battery never runs out.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Me neither.

Cant we go back to the days when the system was simple?

ie as a schoolboy I did a weekday and Sunday paper round to get enough cash to pay for my bus fare 1/6d return, a Plested Pie 10d, a programme 3d and entrance to the boys turnstile 1/- 

No faffing around.

Oh and when we were in the queue to get into the ground we used to talk to one another and not spend endless time there or on the bus, walking to/from the ground and during the game staring endlessly at a screen!!!

Even getting sodden wet watching the game in the Chocolate Box was part of the experience as was using the 19th century toilets.

Made us hardy fellows!!!!!!!!!!

Tell that to kids today, and they won’t believe you. 

Think it was 6d for a programme when I started going. No idea how much a half time Bovril was. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

I may well be wrong but as I read it you get a ticket and QR code for each game. I’m assuming if you want to transfer the ticket to somebody else there will be the facility within the app to email that individual ticket and code, they don’t need the app just an email address to send the ticket to.

Thanks, that’s a useful explanation that even an old IT retard like me could follow. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Badger said:

Thanks, that’s a useful explanation that even an old IT retard like me could follow. 

You don't actually email your ticket and code to the recipient. You nominate them through your app and they will receive through their installation of the app which will have their associated email address. 

They must however have the app installed on their device. If what they say is true, you must have this app running on your device when the QR code is scanned.  They say that a screenshot won't work which means that somehow the scanner has to interact with the app and I'm not clear how they will do that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

You don't actually email your ticket and code to the recipient. You nominate them through your app and they will receive through their installation of the app which will have their associated email address. 

They must however have the app installed on their device. If what they say is true, you must have this app running on your device when the QR code is scanned.  They say that a screenshot won't work which means that somehow the scanner has to interact with the app and I'm not clear how they will do that.

Oh ffs !! What a load of techobollocks.

I’m sure there’s a generation of fucking IT super- nerds (with throbbing veins protruding on their forehead) who spend their days thinking of ways to make it more convoluted for the over 50’s and 60’s.

How many bastard passwords (with special characters) will we need to log in ? Have to get there early next season folks, otherwise there will be a scrum of old farts like me stuck outside the turnstile. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

This is what I was trying to refer to in my earlier post. The initial instructions seem simple but it's only when you look at the FAQ that you see reference to the recipient also having to have the app.  Not as simple as being said.

• Like 1

Genuinely not sure how downloading an app and transferring it someone else who will also be able to download the app could be any easier. Also unable to see what’s complicated about the app being scanned by the ticket machine either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Open the app and stick the QR code under the scanner. Remember those steps and you will be fine.

Should just be a choice , then everyone gets the service they want. Tick a box season card or app then its done. Personally I don't use apps etc, still get paper train tickets, I prefer it, I'm sure youngsters won't understand that. 

• Like 4

Main problem I can see with this is that I often pass my ticket on when I'm on holiday.  If I'm in a completely different time zone and it only comes through a couple of hours before the game I'm not going to be keen on getting up in the middle of the night to transfer it if I've even got internet access in the first place.

• Like 2

I'm not sure there is an ironclad correlation between age and non-use of technology. I'm 75 and my whole world is on my iPhone, it's made my life so much easier. Why scrabble around among the fluff and detritus in your pockets looking for a bent up piece of card or a deformed piece of plastic when all you need is your phone? Bring it on I say.

Obviously most of my friends are all of a certain age and I'm sorry to say that with a lot of them it's not case of they can't embrace technology it's just that they're too lazy to.

'It's how I've always done it' does not necessarily mean that's the best way.... but each to their own I suppose.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:
12 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

These are perfectly normal processes for apps.

And it's perfectly normal for them to fail.

Humans make more errors than automated systems. Most automated systems only fail when humans get involved.

The app is the same app that UEFA uses for the Euros. Tickets for the group stage were sent through to the app about three or four weeks before the opening game, and you have the option of transferring tickets to somebody else - you put their email address in and they get an email with a link to either download the app (if they don't already have it) or it will open the app automatically (if they do already have it) and allow the recipient to "accept" the transfer. It literally couldn't be easier.

In terms of how it will work at the turnstiles, the Euro tickets do not show the QR code until the day of the game, and I think the code changes regularly within the app for security, so if you did screenshot it and use it the underlying code may have changed in the meantime. That code gets scanned in the same way as the barcodes on last year's tickets did.

The easiest thing to do would be to take a screen shot of the ticket on your phone - then you won't need signal to get in (it'll be in your photos) and you can whatsapp/e-mail/text it to someone as a photo that they can scan to get in if needed.

4 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

The easiest thing to do would be to take a screen shot of the ticket on your phone - then you won't need signal to get in (it'll be in your photos) and you can whatsapp/e-mail/text it to someone as a photo that they can scan to get in if needed.

The FAQ bit on the app says you don't need Internet to see the tickets on entry and screenshots won't work.

5 hours ago, Fabrice29 said:

Open the app and stick the QR code under the scanner. Remember those steps and you will be fine.

Don’t you need a smartphone for that and how much are they and how much does a data connection cost? 

Asking for a few thousand friends.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Humans make more errors than automated systems. Most automated systems only fail when humans get involved.

The app is the same app that UEFA uses for the Euros. Tickets for the group stage were sent through to the app about three or four weeks before the opening game, and you have the option of transferring tickets to somebody else - you put their email address in and they get an email with a link to either download the app (if they don't already have it) or it will open the app automatically (if they do already have it) and allow the recipient to "accept" the transfer. It literally couldn't be easier.

In terms of how it will work at the turnstiles, the Euro tickets do not show the QR code until the day of the game, and I think the code changes regularly within the app for security, so if you did screenshot it and use it the underlying code may have changed in the meantime. That code gets scanned in the same way as the barcodes on last year's tickets did.

Not actually true.

They fail when something unexpected occurs. “Oops, something’s gone wrong” 

Automated systems can’t handle the unexpected.

5 minutes ago, RedWillie said:

The FAQ bit on the app says you don't need Internet to see the tickets on entry and screenshots won't work.

As Steve says, there must be an algorithm that changes the QR code over time.

16 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’m sure it will all be pretty easy, I’ve used these things for gig tickets, for going to The Open, etc, and it’s a piece of piss.

Atleast cup tickets will be £1.50 cheaper….! 

I'm not so sure, they still managed to add £1.50 to the season ticket!!

• Like 1

I can’t see anything in the FAQ’s that prohibits transfer of tickets to a different age range. I’m away for all of September so I’m intending to transfer my ticket to my son but I’m an OAP and he isn’t. Has anyone spotted anything that I’ve missed that would stop this and on the same subject will people be able to transfer children’s tickets to adults? I’m not intending to do that but I can see it could be open to abuse. 
Like a previous poster I’m going to be in a different time zone when I heed to do the transfer : Canada, America and possibly somewhere in the Atlantic. It could get interesting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’m sure it will all be pretty easy, I’ve used these things for gig tickets, for going to The Open, etc, and it’s a piece of piss.

Atleast cup tickets will be £1.50 cheaper….! 

No chance are they going to give up the £1.50 PER TICKET cash cow 

18 minutes ago, Divergent said:

Like a previous poster I’m going to be in a different time zone when I heed to do the transfer : Canada, America and possibly somewhere in the Atlantic. It could get interesting. 

Depends how the app works I guess but maybe you could share your app logon details with the person you are transferring to and they could become you for the afternoon?

8 minutes ago, Cumbria Saint said:

Depends how the app works I guess but maybe you could share your app logon details with the person you are transferring to and they could become you for the afternoon?

When you enter, or in this case change your email address they send a code to that address to verify it.

It makes you wonder what the point of all this is. One season ticket, one supporter, one number. That’s how it’s always been and there’s no need for it to change. As a customer you’ve bought the right to attend a certain number of games. This right has always been transferable even if not explicitly granted.

Otherwise It’s a lot of money to ask for something that most people will have to forego at least once over the season.

11 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Not actually true.

They fail when something unexpected occurs. “Oops, something’s gone wrong” 

Automated systems can’t handle the unexpected.

Was it about 2-3 seasons ago when many in the itchen South and Chapel found the automated card entry not working. Cue flustered stewards and some (including myself) missing the start of the game. It also took a few games to sort it out if I remember.

I just don't have much faith in Saint's IT dept to manage this. If not using NFC / wireless and screen grabs not working (why? it's a good standby and can only be used once), I remain unsure what foolproof tech the system is using. As a very old git I'm quite happy to use all the modern advances available, but understand that some may not possess the hardware or skills to access it.

It just seems a bit more complicated than it needs to be.

But hey, stuck here in the Welsh wilds my St Marys days are pretty much over so not my problem, though I can see some issues for the club if the system isn't reliable. KISS.