2024/25 season ticket information released

CSA96

3 hours ago, Hatchy said:

Has anyone one any information about exiting the stadium with the away fans in the new location . From Kingsland I would normally walk straight out of ground and walk toward Ocean Village but wondering now if there will be access or would need to walk clockwise all the way around the stadium ? 

I have asked this question numerous times but all I have learnt is that the away supporters will have access to Melbourne St heading south but no specific indication of what home supporters are expected to do !!

3 hours ago, Hatchy said:

Has anyone one any information about exiting the stadium with the away fans in the new location . From Kingsland I would normally walk straight out of ground and walk toward Ocean Village but wondering now if there will be access or would need to walk clockwise all the way around the stadium ? 

27 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

I have asked this question numerous times but all I have learnt is that the away supporters will have access to Melbourne St heading south but no specific indication of what home supporters are expected to do !!

From the FAQ's on the OS...

Where will the away fans be located?

Away fans will now be located between blocks 22 to 28 in the Kingsland/Chapel corner of the ground with segregation lines in blocks 21 and 28. 

Away coaches will now be parking on Melbourne Road meaning home fans will be directed away from using Melbourne Road or accessing the stadium on the Kingsland/Chapel corner.

If you currently use this route, you’ll be directed along Marine Parade or you'll need to use one of the other entrance points to the stadium. 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/faqs-mens-team-season-tickets-2024-25

3 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

From the FAQ's on the OS...

Where will the away fans be located?

Away fans will now be located between blocks 22 to 28 in the Kingsland/Chapel corner of the ground with segregation lines in blocks 21 and 28. 

Away coaches will now be parking on Melbourne Road meaning home fans will be directed away from using Melbourne Road or accessing the stadium on the Kingsland/Chapel corner.

If you currently use this route, you’ll be directed along Marine Parade or you'll need to use one of the other entrance points to the stadium. 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/faqs-mens-team-season-tickets-2024-25

Tks for that...

Basically now anyone in the Kingsland who wants to go south towards Ocean Village, ferries etc.. has to walk (mostly against the flow) completely around the stadium !

Is this right or can we pass the away section around to Marine Parade ??

4 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

Tks for that...

Basically now anyone in the Kingsland who wants to go south towards Ocean Village, ferries etc.. has to walk (mostly against the flow) completely around the stadium !

Is this right or can we pass the away section around to Marine Parade ??

There's already some games where we can't walk past the Northam from the Kingsland, it's just moving that section of closure to somewhere else. 

I think it's pretty much impossible to make everyone happy when doing stuff like this. 

• Like 1

So I’m guessing anyone in Kingsland South will need to go clockwise all the way to Marine Parade … 

Im just trying to work out if I need a new plan of where to park or move seat so as not to get stuck in traffic … or leave 10mins early 😇

Posted (edited)

I imagine that for some games you'll be able to walk round still but others it will be blocked off. Same with the Northam now.

In terms of the noise re digital tickets has everybody missed that the FAQs say cards will still be available for those who require them? Presumably with a few attached.

Edited by EssEffCee

16 hours ago, Hatchy said:

So I’m guessing anyone in Kingsland South will need to go clockwise all the way to Marine Parade … 

Im just trying to work out if I need a new plan of where to park or move seat so as not to get stuck in traffic … or leave 10mins early 😇

At the moment all they've said is "you'll be directed along Marina Parade", nothing concrete about whether you can access that road by walking through the Chapel end car park or if you have to go all the way around the ground to get there.

1 hour ago, EssEffCee said:

I imagine that for some games you'll be able to walk round still but others it will be blocked off. Same with the Northam now.

In terms of the noise re digital tickets has everybody missed that the FAQs say cards will still be available for those who require them? Presumably with a few attached.

We haven’t been able to walk through the north car park since that trouble with Manchester United.

11 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We haven’t been able to walk through the north car park since that trouble with Manchester United.

I'm sure I did a couple of times this season but also remember being redirected when trying at Cardiff match.

Don't recall the United trouble.

2 hours ago, EssEffCee said:

I'm sure I did a couple of times this season but also remember being redirected when trying at Cardiff match.

Don't recall the United trouble.

The United trouble was early in the season 2022 - 2023 but I can’t remember the exact details.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20716813.saints-warn-troublesome-fans-problems-leeds-match/

We always used to leave through the north car park but since these matches we have had to use the underpass.

Just logged in to my account to move seats (I'm in block 15 so had to) and only got an option to move to the opposite end, blocks 37 to 39 and 1 to 3)...was hoping to move to 11 but its not yet available...what an utter balls up they're making in all this! If you talk to 2 different people in the ticket office they give you 2 different answers!

Do we have to wait til Thursday to move anywhere else?

My anxiety goes through the roof with this kind of thing, especially when a group of us want to sit together and you can't do direct debit over the phone! 😞

• Like 1

OK...after 9.30 I got an e-mail...

You can move to corner or Northam until 1.30pm then at 1.30pm you can move anywhere else...

Why didn't they tell us that before now...never known so much disorganisation!

53 minutes ago, Leighsterrr said:

OK...after 9.30 I got an e-mail...

You can move to corner or Northam until 1.30pm then at 1.30pm you can move anywhere else...

Why didn't they tell us that before now...never known so much disorganisation!

Does seem over complicated. Rule number one in business - make it as easy as possible for a customer to buy from you, the more hoops they have to jump through more likely you'll lose some along the way. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, scumbag said:

Yeah...pretty dump really.  I was in block 24 so need to move. Didn't get any email, and just an error message when I log in and head to season tickets.

I read somewhere that they're doing the moves in blocks, 11 to 15 were 9.30am this morning. If I can find when 24's priority window is, I'll update this post 👍🏻

Block 24 can move from 1.30pm today...good luck in getting it sorted!

Edited by Leighsterrr
Found the answer!
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well we decided to go to the ticket office this morning to renew, as our electricity is being cut off today due to maintenance by Southern Electric, and our mobile reception is poor.

Got there 0915hrs and joined a short queue. The shutters were opened at 0930hrs, where two people were situated ready for the rabble!
My word was it a slow process. A number of the people were turned away as it was not their renewal window, and those that were able to renew, it was generally a 15-20 minute process each time.

Therefore, 5-6 people an hour were getting processed.

Now, no blame or criticism to those two staff members behind the counter, but the Club surely should have had more than two windows open.
Choices for like-for-like seating was very limited, as block 37 is already occupied, and 47-48 are safe standing. Four blocks into two doesn't work.
You can of course request to move once the deadline for renewals has passed, and the Club will do its best to accommodate like-for-like seating.  

Oh, and the car park at the Stadium was closed as well :D

Edited by markr27

1 hour ago, markr27 said:

Well we decided to go to the ticket office this morning to renew, as our electricity is being cut off today due to maintenance by Southern Electric, and our mobile reception is poor.

Got there 0915hrs and joined a short queue. The shutters were opened at 0930hrs, where two people were situated ready for the rabble!
My word was it a slow process. A number of the people were turned away as it was not their renewal window, and those that were able to renew, it was generally a 15-20 minute process each time.

Therefore, 5-6 people an hour were getting processed.

Now, no blame or criticism to those two staff members behind the counter, but the Club surely should have had more than two windows open.
Choices for like-for-like seating was very limited, as block 37 is already occupied, and 47-48 are safe standing. Four blocks into two doesn't work.
You can of course request to move once the deadline for renewals has passed, and the Club will do its best to accommodate like-for-like seating.  

Oh, and the car park at the Stadium was closed as well :D

Presumably a left over from Take That at at weekend.

Posted (edited)

Got my ticket online this morning as having to move from block 15. Somewhat disappointed to find that most of blocks 45 and 46 were already taken. Either I was slow off the mark this morning compared to others in the relocation blocks or they were made available to others already.

Managed to get into Block 46 but nearer the front than I was looking for. Still it does mean I might be able to spot myself on TV next season 😀

Edited by waterlooville saint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The explanation of who can buy what, when and where on the SFC is anything but clear and is likely to confuse many people affected by the ground re-organisation. It looks like we're heading for the inevitable shambles and disappointed and disaffected fans.

Who writres their stuff and do they ever get  people to critique it before it is launched. 1/10 SFC, you certainly know how to cock things up.

• Like 2

We asked for 2 season tickets to be transferred to others at the end of last season so we could all move together...not an issue said the girl on the phone, made a note of it on the accounts, yep all done

Tried to order it today, no, can't do it!

I'm not sure how but we managed to move 6 of us altogether to a new block via friends and family but to do it I'm having to pay a direct debit for someone and they're paying me! Utter nightmare and for the older generation who arent tech savvy I think some will struggle sadly

The new ticketing arrangements are a total shambles. To try to resolve problems via the ticket office is even worse. Literally hours of waiting time! Is it beyond the club to take on a few extra staff - or at least extend office times over the peak periods??

• Like 1

Seem to be able to renew my season ticket (not affected by stadium reconfiguration) now, even though the website guide says I can't until Thursday. Odd.

I relied on a friend to renew our 2 tickets. However, the seats we agreed on had gone so he went ahead and got 2 others.

Looking at them they are too low down for my taste.

I'll give it a go but is it possible to move a season ticket after the season has started?

1 hour ago, ecuk268 said:

I relied on a friend to renew our 2 tickets. However, the seats we agreed on had gone so he went ahead and got 2 others.

Looking at them they are too low down for my taste.

I'll give it a go but is it possible to move a season ticket after the season has started?

Yeah, definitely. I started this past season in Block 36 and then requested a move across to Block 35 a few games into the season. There's like a £10 admin charge or something but they will do it.

I've got to move from Block 16 and shouldn't have been able to do it until this morning, but I did it yesterday.

They changed everything yesterday morning as to who could move and when...organisation at its best!!

I've got to move from Block 16 and shouldn't have been able to do it until this morning, but I did it yesterday.

We have to move from Block 16 but it wouldn't let us in until 09:00 this morning.  Not a lot of choice but hopefully this means they are selling well.  Also hoping there will be less away fans in Block 10 (where we've moved to) then there used to be in Block 16! 

3 hours ago, haddock24 said:

just renewed 2 season tickets in block 29 kingsland over 65s appears to have gone up 20%!

My adult one and U18 one in block 29 went up more 30%.  Wanted to move to 32 or 33 then discovered its only £6 more per game for a padded seat, so done that. I'll pass on the shite beer instead. I'll put a request in for heated seats for next season 😂   

Just purchased my first ever season tickets. All my mates are glory hunter Liverpool/Arsenal etc. My two sons are now finally old enough and obsessed with all things saints that I can justify a season ticket. They're selling fast in the kids zone though... I'm a bit further back in block 16 than I would have chosen. COYS

• Like 6

Need to change mine as now officially a grumpy old git and my renewal wrong price. Emailed yesterday no response yet.

Phoned first thing 100 in queue just tried again now 95 guess may need to sleep out ready for when opens :-)

2 hours ago, DellBoys said:

Just purchased my first ever season tickets. All my mates are glory hunter Liverpool/Arsenal etc. My two sons are now finally old enough and obsessed with all things saints that I can justify a season ticket. They're selling fast in the kids zone though... I'm a bit further back in block 16 than I would have chosen. COYS

Nice one. Enjoy it.

4 hours ago, DellBoys said:

So few tickets available I think there must be loads of seats held that relate to existing season ticket holders who are moving. Anyone know once you've purchased a new seat is your old reserved season ticket spot auto released? Or will that happen in July once renewal period ends 

5 hours ago, DellBoys said:

Nice one, you'll enjoy it. This is the first season for a while where I won't be getting a season ticket, primarily financial reasons as I've just purchased my first house - so penny pinching is of the highest order atm and out goes the fun things for a few years. I'll probably go to the odd game though.

I have been a member for years, decided to get a season ticket for the coming season, amazed at how few seats are available, based on the seat map it looks like 80% have gone, which puts us at over 25k season ticket holders (unless the club have held some back).

3 minutes ago, DizzyRum said:

I have been a member for years, decided to get a season ticket for the coming season, amazed at how few seats are available, based on the seat map it looks like 80% have gone, which puts us at over 25k season ticket holders (unless the club have held some back).

Yeah there's no way that can be right, would be a huge increase in season tickets, I expect once seats reserved for renewals are released there will be quite a bit more available 

Have heard of a few young nippers who support other big prem clubs getting cheap season tickets just to watch prem football, sky sports generation.

Revenue for the club but shit for the atmosphere as they will sit looking at their phones most of the time.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JRM said:

So few tickets available I think there must be loads of seats held that relate to existing season ticket holders who are moving. Anyone know once you've purchased a new seat is your old reserved season ticket spot auto released? Or will that happen in July once renewal period ends 

I've moved from Block 42 to Block 43, but I can still buy my old seat, so looks like they haven't released them yet. On the website it says any 23/24 season ticket seats not purchased will be released on 1 July.

Edited by Pamplemousse

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

I've moved from Block 42 to Block 43, but I can still buy my old seat, so looks like they haven't released them yet. On the website it says any 23/24 season ticket seats not purchased will be released on 1 July.

Thought that was the case, ridiculous thing is those looking to buy in kids zone now looks like nothing available whereas most people in those blocks have moved , seems an inefficient method for doing this,  general sale might as well just start on 1st July when true availability shows 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JRM said:

Thought that was the case, ridiculous thing is those looking to buy in kids zone now looks like nothing available whereas most people in those blocks have moved , seems an inefficient method for doing this,  general sale might as well just start on 1st July when true availability shows 

I thought about waiting for this reason, but then I'd lose the chance to pay in 10 instalments which is the only way I can afford it. It's not the best way of selling tickets. 

It was always bound to be difficult and disruptive. That's why I was against this move. But it's happened so we just have to live with it.

For those of you that want to sit next to the away fans, block 29 presumably looks pretty sold out at present because there were a lot of ST holders there, but I know many were trying to move into the relatively few vacant seats in block 32 or 33. So it's likely there will be quite a few empty seats in 29  after 1st July. 

2 hours ago, Ken Tone said:

It was always bound to be difficult and disruptive. That's why I was against this move. But it's happened so we just have to live with it.

For those of you that want to sit next to the away fans, block 29 presumably looks pretty sold out at present because there were a lot of ST holders there, but I know many were trying to move into the relatively few vacant seats in block 32 or 33. So it's likely there will be quite a few empty seats in 29  after 1st July. 

The club aren't allowing people to buy season tickets next to the away fans apparently which might explain why they're not on sale. Also seats are still being held for people to renew (even if they've already moved) so a load more will come on sale soon i guess.

I'm also pretty sure that there's a cap on season tickets as a percentage of seat that all clubs have, the idea being that there should always be some tickets available to non season ticket holders (this might be out of date now but was definitely true in the past)

57 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

I'm also pretty sure that there's a cap on season tickets as a percentage of seat that all clubs have, the idea being that there should always be some tickets available to non season ticket holders (this might be out of date now but was definitely true in the past)

I don't think there are any league rules about it, but some clubs impose a limit so they have matchday tickets to sell, which are obviously more expensive.

Interesting to note that Liverpool have the lowest percentage of season tickets relative to capacity - around 30,000 despite Anfield now holding double that, because they know that they have enough fans who will buy on a match-by-match basis with the huge extra revenue that would bring - not just the ticket price but the megastore merchandise spending, etc.

1 hour ago, franniesTache said:

The club aren't allowing people to buy season tickets next to the away fans apparently which might explain why they're not on sale. Also seats are still being held for people to renew (even if they've already moved) so a load more will come on sale soon i guess.

I discussed this matter with someone from Eastleigh Council who was looking at sites for a new stadium. He explained that a club like Manchester United did not want the majority of their crowd to be the same people turning up to every home game.

The occasional fans will buy up all the merchandise they can get their hands on. The shirts, the Bobby Charlton mugs, the Ryan Giggs bedsheets complete with realistic stains…

• Haha 2