2024/25 season ticket information released

CSA96

I like the idea of being able to transfer my ticket to family/friends if I can’t go - I do now - illegally - but always wonder if they’re going to be ‘caught’. 
What I hadn’t realised was the family centre now called the kids zone is only available if you’ve got an under 14. My grandson falls out of that age range just  before the new season starts. I’ve only had a quick scan at the prices in other areas but on first look it seems that the overall price for one oldie plus 2 under 17’s may have doubled. 
it was a real bargain last season at around £520 for the 3 of us but think I’m looking at around £1,000 next season. 

Looking at the new away section blocks 22-28 must be 3,000 seats for the PL, would only have needed to be 2,000 if we hadn’t gone up. I assume blocks 27-28 would have gone to home fans in the Championship.

And guess the visitors will get blocks 21-22 for the additional FA Cup allocations.

5 minutes ago, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

And guess the visitors will get blocks 21-22 for the additional FA Cup allocations.

More likely 29 into 30.

On the FAQ page there is a question around where increased FA Cup away allocations will be answered with "Fans will be allocated seats in the Kingsland Stand. This is because of requirements of space and amenities (e.g. toilets, concessions etc.) being more easily accommodated in the Kingsland Stand."

• Like 2

RE: potential lack of Internet access at the ground, systems have existed for years that operate completely offline for these exact purposes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What if you lost your wallet? 

Some of you dinosaurs need to get with the programme. 

you're not that buffoon Jeremy who phones up 606 about Saints by any chance? If so please give it a break. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chocolate Box said:

Bloody hell! just seen that my renewal has gone up 45%, someone is taking the piss!! Takes some of the gloss off the weekend.

Really ???? Where are you sitting for that ??

Just now, Bob60 said:

That's mild mine is 54% up.

OMG and things were going so well. To be fair the prices were dropped when we went down, but not 54%.

It is tough to swallow such increases but I would pay a lot to have Sunday again, a lifetime experience that will be hard to ever match

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

Block 19

So it was only £250 ish last season?? If so that was very cheap. Also less games.

Im not against the new prices as that is what is required and no doubt we are not that expensive compared to other middling teams 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

So it was only £250 ish last season?? If so that was very cheap. Also less games.

Im not against the new prices as that is what is required and no doubt we are not that expensive compared to other middling teams 

£250 last season? That's less than £11 a game. Surely not :eek:

1 minute ago, CSA96 said:

£250 last season? That's less than £11 a game. Surely not :eek:

Probably my misunderstanding but I was trying to see what he must have paid last season. May have jumped age bracket as well and so that would make a difference

1 hour ago, CSA96 said:

To be fair, I've also only had to do it once, which was actually this season because the berk in front turned the turnstile a second time when I was scanning my ticket. :lol:

Isn’t that annoying. It’s the same when you start to turn the turnstile and trip or something.

48 minutes ago, ant said:

RE: potential lack of Internet access at the ground, systems have existed for years that operate completely offline for these exact purposes.

If it's just a QR code, couldn't you just print out a screen shot?

Just now, ecuk268 said:

If it's just a QR code, couldn't you just print out a screen shot?

Indeed. But if it isn’t and relies on NFC I can foresee problems.

I know the club were looking at digital tickets two summers ago but couldn’t do anything on account of the worldwide shortage of NFC chips.

(As a lifelong electronics design engineer I hate the use of the word ‘chips’)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Does ‘digital only’ discriminate against older fans, who may not even have a mobile phone ?

there clearly has to be a print option.

Why is there NO communication with fans from the club about these changes ? 

Edited by SaintsLoyal

Just now, whelk said:

Ours have gone up 50%. Admittedly from a cheap base but why talk bollocks about 10-15% averages?

Because 15% is the average across all bands and zones?

25 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Does ‘digital only’ discriminate against older fans, who may not even have a mobile phone ?

Excuse me? I am one of your 'older fans' who has had a mobile phone for over 30 years, enjoys social media and can perform 21st century miracles on my MacBook Pro. I also have a very good personal relationship with ChatGTP. 

If people younger than I haven't kept up wiith the digital revolution they have only themselves to blame. As time goes by those lacking essential IT skills will be left far behind; the world will move on and nobody will care two hoots about them.

All this whinging about offering easier alternatives for the hard of learning only excerbates the situation.

All I ask of the Club is that their IT systems are robust and fit for purpose when all this is rolled out. That was not the case for Wembley tickets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Divergent said:

I like the idea of being able to transfer my ticket to family/friends if I can’t go - I do now - illegally - but always wonder if they’re going to be ‘caught’. 

Must admit I was surprised that they specifically mentioned that as a free option for people - certainly other (bigger, mainly) clubs who have gone down the fully-digital route have done so because they can then get away with restricting transfers to paid members, charge a transfer fee, etc. Maybe if demand dictates then that might be the way they go in the future, but good to see that it's free for the time being.

2 hours ago, Mozz said:

More likely 29 into 30.

On the FAQ page there is a question around where increased FA Cup away allocations will be answered with "Fans will be allocated seats in the Kingsland Stand. This is because of requirements of space and amenities (e.g. toilets, concessions etc.) being more easily accommodated in the Kingsland Stand."

Can you imagine getting the Skates at home in the cup, would certainly wake the old boys up in Kingsland Centre , would be like a scene from Dad's Army in block 31 

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Indeed. But if it isn’t and relies on NFC I can foresee problems.

I know the club were looking at digital tickets two summers ago but couldn’t do anything on account of the worldwide shortage of NFC chips.

(As a lifelong electronics design engineer I hate the use of the word ‘chips’)

A lot of slightly older and cheaper smartphones don't support NFC. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Must admit I was surprised that they specifically mentioned that as a free option for people - certainly other (bigger, mainly) clubs who have gone down the fully-digital route have done so because they can then get away with restricting transfers to paid members, charge a transfer fee, etc. Maybe if demand dictates then that might be the way they go in the future, but good to see that it's free for the time being.

I use a season ticket for 50% of games so will be transferring it back and forth all season so hope its a smooth process. 

Also know a Saints fan in early 70s who genuinely doesn't own a smartphone,  they'll have to offer something which I'm sure they will, just won't advertise it. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Tempted to get one again for the first time since Pellegrino was in charge, corner safe standing looks tempting at £499 spread over 10 months.

Haven't Saints said safe standing is already sold out? 

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I would suggest that anyone who hasn’t got a phone is too old to be going to football alone. I bet the ones moaning are tech savvy enough to fire off an email, or whinge on a forum. 

The club must be praised for interest free credit as well. They could easily have banged a small surcharge on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Excuse me? I am one of your 'older fans' who has had a mobile phone for over 30 years, enjoys social media and can perform 21st century miracles on my MacBook Pro. I also have a very good personal relationship with ChatGTP. 

If people younger than I haven't kept up wiith the digital revolution they have only themselves to blame. As time goes by those lacking essential IT skills will be left far behind; the world will move on and nobody will care two hoots about them.

All this whinging about offering easier alternatives for the hard of learning only excerbates the situation.

All I ask of the Club is that their IT systems are robust and fit for purpose when all this is rolled out. That was not the case for Wembley tickets.

Oh dear.

This is absolutely not  the way to treat your customer base.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Especially for those without a computer, internet access, or a printer.

17 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Oh dear.

This is absolutely not  the way to treat your customer base.

Well said. It would be very poor for the club to abandon any group, telling them they'd had their chips.

(sorry. Couldn't resist a post using chips there) 🙂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Channons orse said:

Unbelievable……….My Wembley Playoff tickets have just arrived in the post this afternoon, all the way to West Berks, just a tad late I think.

I am jealous, you have all that joy and elation still to come

• Haha 6

Surely the renewal period is going to be crazy as 90% of the northam looks to relocate the the chapel/kings land stand so they can spend 90 minutes making coffee bean gestures and acting all hard towards the away fans while singing about pompey and ignoring the actual football?

1 hour ago, a1ex2001 said:

Surely the renewal period is going to be crazy as 90% of the northam looks to relocate the the chapel/kings land stand so they can spend 90 minutes making coffee bean gestures and acting all hard towards the away fans while singing about pompey and ignoring the actual football?

Anecdotal evidence, but most I've spoken to in Block 42 are planning to stay exactly where they were. When push comes to shove I imagine the migration will be minimal.

I've got no choice but to move from block 15 as I don't take a child! Looking at block 11 which is still 67% increase on last year. There's a group of 4 of us sat together who want to continue to do so but no idea if block 11 will have 4 sat together and as you can't do direct debit over the phone, the suggestion of "club together" to call the ticket office if you want to renew together is pretty unhelpful!

Last year moving seats was easy, not so sure it will be this year with the two day window we have and all having to choose a seat and say get set go to do it all together online! 🤔

2 hours ago, Leighsterrr said:

I've got no choice but to move from block 15 as I don't take a child! Looking at block 11 which is still 67% increase on last year. There's a group of 4 of us sat together who want to continue to do so but no idea if block 11 will have 4 sat together and as you can't do direct debit over the phone, the suggestion of "club together" to call the ticket office if you want to renew together is pretty unhelpful!

Last year moving seats was easy, not so sure it will be this year with the two day window we have and all having to choose a seat and say get set go to do it all together online! 🤔

Easiest way to sort a group is to each buy individually in whichever block you want, get the direct debit set up for your own season ticket, and then once you have all done that, THEN get in touch with the ticket office and they'll presumably be able to move you all pretty quickly and easily.

48 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Easiest way to sort a group is to each buy individually in whichever block you want, get the direct debit set up for your own season ticket, and then once you have all done that, THEN get in touch with the ticket office and they'll presumably be able to move you all pretty quickly and easily.

👍🏻 That's what we did last year, renewed then one of us called to move everyone, just wondering with so many having to relocate if it'll work out the same this year or if we'll be after the same seats...guess we'll find out on Tues!

16 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Why did you have to do that? You’ve spoilt it for him now by revealing the result.

Same here.  I had a busy bank holiday weekend (garden needed serious attention) and I forgot I'd got two lower tier tickets until it was too late to drive.  How annoying is that?!  I'm so forgetful.....

It's then been a nightmare week at work - so i've had a media blackout since Sunday.  My plan is to sit down tonight with a lovely glass of wine to watch the match that I recorded last weekend 'live'.  I've been studiously avoiding anything on here that that looks like it might give the game away - but can't work out why Guan started a playlist with Freed from Desire and We are the Champions?  What's any of that got to do with the final last Sunday?  Oh, and why are people moaning about paying more to watch less games next season....?

• Like 1

In essence, the club is asking the entire Itchen south contingent to move into six blocks probably already 60% full with ST Holders, without paying 120 quid extra.

They'll be some peeps that have already moved, but I don't think it's going to work.

There's six of us in our group, I think getting 3 seats together x2 is going to be am issue.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2024 at 09:33, SaintsLoyal said:

Why is there NO communication with fans from the club about these changes ? 

They sent out a WhatsApp I guess you didn’t get it on your phone?

Has anyone one any information about exiting the stadium with the away fans in the new location . From Kingsland I would normally walk straight out of ground and walk toward Ocean Village but wondering now if there will be access or would need to walk clockwise all the way around the stadium ?