2024/25 season ticket information released

CSA96

Posted (edited)

Areas have been reclassified for next season, so sharing the stadium map first, then renewals second, and new purchases third.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 4

• CSA96 changed the title to 2024/25 season ticket information released

Key Dates and Digital Tickets

• Priority on sale window 4th and 5th June 2024 for those affected by stadium improvements. More info and FAQs here.
  • On-sale for all other fans Thursday 6th June 2024 including general sale of all available general admission seats.
  • The deadline to sign up to the 10-month payment plan is Friday 14th June 2024.
  • Digital Season Tickets to launch to fans on Sunday 30th June.
  • The deadline for existing Season Ticket holders to renew the same seat they have now is Monday 1st July 2024.

From next season all tickets will be digital, providing a new way to enter St Mary’s. This includes Season Tickets, general admission and hospitality tickets.

All physical Season Cards will be discontinued, and at the end of June, fans will receive a 2024/25 digital Season Ticket, for use on your smartphone through a new app.

Through the new app, you'll be able to transfer tickets to friends and family with ease, and totally free of charge, if you can't make it to a match. You'll still be able to list your ticket on the Ticket Exchange if you can't come to a game and that game is sold out.

We understand this new process may raise questions and some fans may have accessibility reasons for needing a physical ticket. We'll support anyone who needs further assistance and provide an alternative entry method where necessary.

Junior fans who may not have a smartphone will be able to store their tickets on their registered Adult’s smartphone within the new app.

More detailed information about digital ticketing and how you can access tickets will be provided this summer ahead of the new season.

• Like 5

I do understand rewarding past S/T holders with lower prices ( I had the advantage many seasons) but is it counter productive charging a higher price to new season ticket holders? Afterall they wont be getting the prime seats as they will be gone. If we do want to grow to expand, perhaps new fans should not be penalised financially.

I get the ' but I was there during the hards times' argument but lets encourage new blood .

• Like 6

Can see there being kickback over going digital-first, but I'd say give them a chance to detail out the accessibility fallback first. 

They're normally pretty reasonable with this sort of thing, and I imagine not understanding the tech/feeling uncomfortable with it will be a valid reason to attain the workaround option.

They've clearly assessed that there's a saving to be made in giving the majority digital 'tickets'. I'm quite looking forward to it - one less thing to forget on matchday.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I do understand rewarding past S/T holders with lower prices ( I had the advantage many seasons) but is it counter productive charging a higher price to new season ticket holders? Afterall they wont be getting the prime seats as they will be gone. If we do want to grow to expand, perhaps new fans should not be penalised financially.

I get the ' but I was there during the hards times' argument but lets encourage new blood .

Class it as a processing fee to get the details onto the system. 

"Account Set-up costs" make sense.  

Edited by Nolan

8 minutes ago, ant said:

Can see there being kickback over going digital-first, but I'd say give them a chance to detail out the accessibility fallback first. 

They're normally pretty reasonable with this sort of thing, and I imagine not understanding the tech/feeling uncomfortable with it will be a valid reason to attain the workaround option.

They've clearly assessed that there's a saving to be made in giving the majority digital 'tickets'. I'm quite looking forward to it - one less thing to forget on matchday.

But you have to remember your phone and have enough battery life.

• Haha 1

15% increase for me, up from £519 to £599 - pretty happy with that.

Can see there have been some hikes of 50%+ in places though, so I'm guessing some may look to re-locate to manage costs.

• Like 1

Pretty happy with my adult renewal, but quite shocked that my son’s U14 renewal has gone from £150 to £225 which is a 50% increase! A bit of a kick in the proverbials.

In terms of digital ticketing, this is clearly about saving them money (which in principle I wouldn’t be opposed to). However, there will be season ticket holders who don’t have/use/understand/want smart phones, and whilst I’m sure they’ll have some kind of “fall back”, I suspect they’ll make it as difficult as possible to avoid the digitisation they are intent on. I have real concerns about how this will end up working, especially given their track record over many years of “struggling” with IT systems, seen as recently as the handling of the play off final tickets. I don’t imagine there will be many of our supporters who have full faith in the clubs handling of computer systems and anything digital! I fully expect to see carnage when the new season starts, and as mentioned above, there could be issues around phone charge, “IT” problems, signal, data connection and probably some others I’ve not thought of. I’ll do what I can to avoid this one I think

19 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But you have to remember your phone and have enough battery life.

Can't remember the last time I forgot my phone. Definitely forgotten my ST a few times and had to queue up at the ticket office though :uhoh:

54 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I get the ' but I was there during the hards times' argument but lets encourage new blood 

On the flip side, can you imagine the reaction if the club told existing season ticket holders "thanks for your loyalty, you'll be paying £30 more than someone who has only decided they want to watch us in the last few weeks" :lol:

crowd riot GIF

• Like 4

Does it mean the displaced bastards can book over others’ season tickets? Do they get the chance to select a seat that will in turn displace someone else?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Does it mean the displaced bastards can book over others’ season tickets? Do they get the chance to select a seat that will in turn displace someone else?

Wouldn't have thought so. Us DBs should just be given a chance to find a seat somewhere else that currently isn't linked to a season ticket. 

If that's not the case ... what's the view like from your seat? :)

35 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

On the flip side, can you imagine the reaction if the club told existing season ticket holders "thanks for your loyalty, you'll be paying £30 more than someone who has only decided they want to watch us in the last few weeks" :lol:

crowd riot GIF

I didnt expect that the current holders pay more! I was suggesting that the same as current s/t holders.

• Like 1

Genuinely feel the new stadium layout is a huge step forward. Already got my ticket for block 41, although seeing the prices I would almost certainly have bitten for Kingsland flank if available. It's interesting how well received these prices are in the main. I was expecting the usual grumpiness, we must still be in a high from Sunday

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

Digital tickets should, at the very minimum and if they're so insistent on bringing them in, be optional for all.

Unless people struggle with the tech or have accessibility issues, genuinely not sure why someone would opt out and opt into a world of postage fees, tickets going missing in the mail, having to remember to bring the season card, having to pay for a new season card when you can't find the season card that you lost. Etc etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bakovnetski said:

It doesnt affect me but I cant see the logic in the pricing for under-14, under-18 and 18-25 in the red corners vs the other sections. Is that same as now?

It's similar in Block 15 where it was £399 last season and then kids tickets were not much less.

Looks like they have enlarged the number of seats that's applicable to and moved them due to away fans relocating 

10 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Unless people struggle with the tech or have accessibility issues, genuinely not sure why someone would opt out and opt into a world of postage fees, tickets going missing in the mail, having to remember to bring the season card, having to pay for a new season card when you can't find the season card that you lost. Etc etc.

What happens at the ground when your phone doesn’t work, which it won’t always. Technology falls over when you need it.

Why can’t we just print off a season ticket at home?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Utter shit for where I sit, last year was£379 this year they want£599 no way can I justify that, real kick in the nuts.

Edited by Bob60

7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

What happens at the ground when your phone doesn’t work, which it won’t always. Technology falls over when you need it.

Why can’t we just print off a season ticket at home?

You talk to the steward at the turnstile, same as you do now if the turnstile doesn’t work? And if they can’t rectify it, you get sent to the ticket office, same as now too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

The club have never charged me postage fees, so not sure what ticket system you've been using if you have.

What if I lose my phone with my ticket on? Same principle will apply then.

Season cards are easy; you just put them in your wallet with your other bank cards - you aren't getting to the ground without them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

You talk to the steward at the turnstile, same as you do now if the turnstile doesn’t work? And if they can’t rectify it, you get sent to the ticket office, same as now too.

There will be a lot more of that. 

I ask again, why not be able to print them out? I hope to God that they’re not relying on contactless NFC.

16 minutes ago, Saint In Cornwall said:

Will almost certainly be able to add it to your Apple/Google Wallet so won't need a signal.

thats ok if you have any idea what you are on about lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

There will be a lot more of that. 

I ask again, why not be able to print them out? I hope to God that they’re not relying on contactless NFC.

I would respectfully suggest (and may be wrong) that the number of people who can't use a digital ticket will be smaller than the number of people who don't have a printer at home nowadays.

Equally, yeah I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to print it out at your own effort and expense at home, if preferred. Maybe someone can explain why! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

I would respectfully suggest (and may be wrong) that the number of people who can't use a digital ticket will be smaller than the number of people who don't have a printer at home nowadays.

Equally, yeah I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to print it out at your own effort and expense at home, if preferred. Maybe someone can explain why! 

Security maybe, and to stop ticket touts. To stop people giving them to friends or selling them game by game. Digitally you can normally transfer tickets through the wallet, so the club can see who's in the seat, what's happening.

Seems to me that nowadays a lot of businesses are under the impression that after 40-50-60 years of being a customer, your worth to them is over. Therefore little or no thought to people who are not 'new world' savvy.

The banks especially, the young can take it in their stride but without thought they think we are all up with it.

I can cope, as I flutter my eyelashes and get help, but there are many others who have no idea what to do with the new digital age. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fan The Flames said:

Old people learning new skills, maybe you should be paying extra for the training.

Why should they have to? Such thinking goes against the Disability Discrimination Act, now Equality Act.

Just now, Fan The Flames said:

Old people learning new skills, maybe you should be paying extra for the training.

There's a song when I'm 64, well i've hit that and remember it when it came out and in a flash Ive got there! 

The younger fans can sit and laugh but I promise you you get there a lot quicker than you think possible, lol.

30 years time I wonder what the technology will be like and whether they will cope with the change, although there will be robots who will do your every need and you will waft in through a hologram and drop you gently into your seat,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Why should they have to? Such thinking goes against the Disability Discrimination Act, now Equality Act.

I think he was teasing lol 

6 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Security maybe, and to stop ticket touts. To stop people giving them to friends or selling them game by game. Digitally you can normally transfer tickets through the wallet, so the club can see who's in the seat, what's happening.

Ah yeah, makes sense. I did think it would likely be a security angle. Hadn't considered touting actually.

33 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Personally I have never needed to do that in all my decades as a season ticket holder.

7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Personally I have never needed to do that in all my decades as a season ticket holder.

To be fair, I've also only had to do it once, which was actually this season because the berk in front turned the turnstile a second time when I was scanning my ticket. :lol:

51 minutes ago, SaintNewForest said:

What if I lose my phone with my ticket on? 

Season cards are easy; you just put them in your wallet with your other bank cards - you aren't getting to the ground without them.

What if you lost your wallet? 

Some of you dinosaurs need to get with the programme. 

• Haha 2