Promotion Party at St Mary's Tomorrow

Saint_clark

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Live stream cut out now, think the players were heading off but would have enjoyed seeing the after party.

There's some covers band on, a lot of people leaving now (me included)

• Like 1

Just now, The Cat said:

Such a shame the weather sucked today but it looks like it didn't dampen any spirits too much!

Queued for about 45 minutes just to get in, got absolutely drenched but it was worth it.

Think Flynn would love to stay but obviously has to watch what he says...

Arma was brilliant 🤣

The players have clearly been enjoying themselves since last night and good for them, they deserve to let their hair down after the effort they've put in this season!

24 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

Queued for about 45 minutes just to get in, got absolutely drenched but it was worth it.

Think Flynn would love to stay but obviously has to watch what he says...

Arma was brilliant 🤣

The players have clearly been enjoying themselves since last night and good for them, they deserve to let their hair down after the effort they've put in this season!

To be honest what I took from Flynn's reaction is that he has no intention of staying but obviously can't say that cos he'd look like an arse.

14 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

To be honest what I took from Flynn's reaction is that he has no intention of staying but obviously can't say that cos he'd look like an arse.

Me too. Would be unfortunate but I'm sure we can find someone else to play that role. 

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Were you still there when Martin and a couple of players came out and signed some autographs? Nice touch for the kids, Armstrong signed their book but was absolutely steaming,  looked like he hadn't been to bed 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

De Loreans were Ok not seen before but were just sort of band for this. 
Seen  better at Joiners, 1865, Heartbreakers but popular music so fine

Well that was a blast! 
As noted both Adam and Che were rather well gone.m it seemed.  Jack is def the leader. Sam E is super shy. As is Kyle. Flynn imo wants to stay, Ryan Fraser is some character and wants to stay big time. even Jan lightened up for a Mo and was playing the drums, Stuart still incredibly popular and all round good guy, Frannie is still a legend, all the players got good receptions but especially Flynn. Who showed some moves and despite trying not to say anything it really looks like he would stay if he could. Martin led the chant of “sign him up” and all the team joined in. Jack Stephens cemented his status when the “ Pompey scum” song came out by joining in and doing some kind of hand movement 🤫when referencing Pompey. No love lost with them for sure. Ryan Manning is a cheeky chappie spraying everyone with chambers as is Che and as for Adam, he is a class act on the dance floor! Even the Loch Ness Drogba got a look in, Gav did some hopping moves even Juan Larios andkameledeen  got a cheer as did Shea and Alex who all got plenty cheers. Blackmore did a good job compering. He said there was 5,000 there! Mental if so. It was an absolute blast and I’m glad we raised good money for the foundation at same time! 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Anyone know why THB wasn’t there?

Personal commitment they said, but Parsons did confirm he was our player. Aribo was also at a wedding so unable to attend. 

was a bit cringey when they said it was Parsons idea for the close advertising boards against WBA and fans sang Parsons he's one of our own 🤦🏻‍♂️ probably in the same week he puts up season ticket prices to fleece our fans of their hard earned cash. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Were you still there when Martin and a couple of players came out and signed some autographs? Nice touch for the kids, Armstrong signed their book but was absolutely steaming,  looked like he hadn't been to bed 

No, we toddled off once the players had left the stage. Nice of the players and manager to sign autographs, especially in that state!

54 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

De Loreans were Ok not seen before but were just sort of band for this. 
Seen  better at Joiners, 1865, Heartbreakers but popular music so fine

I didn't leave specifically because the band had come on, I'm sure they were alright. 

To be fair I've probably seen worse at those venues as well!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Cat said:

No, we toddled off once the players had left the stage. Nice of the players and manager to sign autographs, especially in that state!

Yeah the squad stayed until just gone 5, few players kept reappearing on stage every now and then, we saw the team coach again down at ocean Village so assume they'd gone to carry on the party somewhere down there. 

Good to see you mate 👍

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Cat said:

Downes comes up, Jack Stephens says "fuck West Ham" hahaha 

Interesting this reaction compared to Burnley’s public pursuit of Tella last summer btw. 

• Haha 1