Promotion Party at St Mary's Tomorrow

Saint_clark

Posted (edited)

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/saints-to-host-promotion-party-at-st-marys

Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce that the club will be holding a promotion party at St Mary’s Stadium on Monday 27th May. The celebrations will start at 3pm and last until 5pm, in a dedicated Fan Zone in the North Car Park.

Sunday’s 1-0 victory over Leeds United in the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final means the club will be making an immediate return to the Premier League and to mark the occasion we will be hosting a promotion party for fans to celebrate together with the team and coaching staff.

Fans are encouraged to come along from 3pm and enjoy some brilliant entertainment, with live music from the Deloreans and a DJ, whilst former Saints players will also be making an appearance. Whilst we recognise most fans enjoyed the pyro from the semi-final, we must ask that no pyro is brought to the event. It is harmful for some people and will not be permitted under any circumstance.

Russell Martin and the Men’s First Team players will then take to the stage with the Play-Off Trophy to reflect on the match and celebrations from a fantastic day at Wembley.

There will be plenty of food and drink available from dedicated kiosks both in the concourse and outside. Fans should be aware that there will be no seating in the Fan Zone area.

Entry will be on a ticket only basis, with tickets available from 10.30am on Monday 27th May on the Southampton FC ticket site. These are available to Season Ticket holders and members for £2 with all proceeds going to Saints Foundation. This will be an online purchase only, the ticket office will not be open. All tickets will be e-tickets and will need to be shown and scanned for entry. Fans will not be able to enter the event without a ticket, and the club is unable to provide a copy.

Unfortunately, under-fives will not be permitted and those under 14 will need to be with an adult.

Fans should be aware that access to this event will be from the front of the stadium, by the Ted Bates statue. There will be no open route to the stadium via the Kingsland Stand (including Northam railway bridge) or via Melbourne Street, due to ongoing preparations for the Take That concert. All access points to the stadium will be closed and fans are asked to come via Britannia Road or Marine Parade.

We understand fans will be disappointed if they don’t get a ticket, but if you haven’t got one the club asks that fans please stay at home. Access will be blocked and fans will not be able to view the event from the roadside due to road closures.

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Like 1

I picked a bad week to be working late turn.

I understand why it's ticketed but I bet there'll a lot of non-Season ticket and membership holding Saints fans that would love to be there. Not that it would stop them being outside the fan area, whatever the club say in that last paragraph.

7 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Sure fans will turn up anyway despite being told not to. Who'd turn down a chance to have a celebration and few drinks in Southampton in the bank Holiday sun!?!

Especially as they've admitted to the road being closed...people will come and set up with camping chairs and have a street party I imagine.

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Especially as they've admitted to the road being closed...people will come and set up with camping chairs and have a street party I imagine.

Imagine it'll be a lovely way to cap off the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sfc4prem said:

Imagine it'll be a lovely way to cap off the season. 

Jealous that I can't be there to be honest. Hopefully everyone that can get down there gets involved. 

18 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

No under 5’s allowed. 

What a club. Fuck the future. 

5 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Was going to go down with toddler for an hour. Shame to make it no U5’s

If I had to guess I'd imagine it's an insurance/event licensing thing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Think I’m just going to take mine anyway and see what happens. Probably be his first memories of Saints and might be years before we do anything of note. 

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Think I’m just going to take mine anyway and see what happens. Probably be his first memories of Saints and might be years before we do anything of note. 

I get the feeling they're not going to check ages and turn people away anyway. Unless you turn up with a buggy or a baby in your arms I think you'll be ok. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to it. If I can get more than one ticket I will. Asking my fam and friends if they’d like to attend but it is short notice. Any saints fans here not able to get a ticket I can try get one for you ? 

I saw on FB I think that some twat is criticising the club for not doing an open top bus through the city…….err, you can’t just decide to do that without the council’s say so ffs !!

• Like 2

Not certain whether I'll go, but either way I can't seem to find where the tickets for it are on the ticket site (browsing on mobile). 🤔

19 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I saw on FB I think that some twat is criticising the club for not doing an open top bus through the city…….err, you can’t just decide to do that without the council’s say so ffs !!

It also seems a bit of a lame prospect for promotion back to where we belong after only a one-season sabbatical. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Open top bus things are not for coming third. A little get together at SMS day after to celebrate ProMotion is very much👍

yes i agree, I can understand Oxford etc doing it after winning promotion to Pompey's league for the first time in years but it might have been a bit over the top for us after just a season.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

saw on FB I think that some twat is criticising the club for not doing an open top bus through the city

Thank fuck for that. That would be Noddy on steroids..

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, M271 said:

It would be good if they live broadcast it like they used to at the end of season review / awards evenings.

Yes.....any live coverage? If not, yet another thing that I need to send a stiffly worded letter to the club about! They have really disappointed me over the last couple of days....

Edited by miserableoldgit
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Complete joke so far. Hundreds of people stuck in a queue barely moving whilst the rain buckets down. Considering giving up. 

Do you look like your avatar?

17 hours ago, LGTL said:

Can’t even take the dog!

..apparently there’s no Leeds.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Buggered if I can find it!

Have to download the Southampton FC app (which I didn't realise existed until just now) and it's on there. 

Probably on the official site as well tbf. 

Adam Blackmore making a bit of a tit of himself so far.