Photos from Wembley

CSA96

29 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Fantastic support you lot. 

Yep.

Our fans have done us proud this weekend.

Cheers guys

Give yourselves a collective pat on the buttocks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Suhari said:

Yep.

Our fans have done us proud this weekend.

Cheers guys

Give yourselves a collective pat on the buttocks.

I think we all need a collective pat on the bellend after that performance.

Edited by sfc4prem
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Not at the time. A bit of google has enlightened me. What a character - although I already held that view as of yesterday.

I particularly liked this internet thread about him which starts off branding him a Walter Mitty type, and then ends up with the thread getting locked after eventually reaching a consensus that aside from some literary embellishment, he really was legit SAS and he really did fend off some pirates by throwing a fridge at them.

I need to know more about this chap, is that his spare leg and was his mate who delegates all the celebrating to his glove puppet there as well?

Phil Campion Interview with Chris Ryan

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/life-or-death-with-chris-ryan/id1532933911?i=1000509025655

Edited by Toussaint
Clarity
  • Like 1

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Glad you both still enjoyed, despite the giant blue circle getting in the way. 🙂

Yeah, that was bloody annoying. Along with that idiotic camera on strings, and the bloke in front of me with the topknot who kept leaning forward and blocking my view, and the queues for the toilets, and all the stairs.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sfc4prem said:

I swear you could see the stadium more clearly back in 2010

Yes, staggering the amount of building that's happened around the stadium. 

I doubt we will ever experience another day like it. Even if we got and won a cup final, there wouldn't be that many fans as corporate wasters would take a large chunk of tickets. To have that many fans and as united as we were is unlikely to happen. We are privileged to have that lifetime experience.

I have been fortunate to be there n 76 and Fratton Park 84 and so seen 3 of Saints great moments.

Hopefully we dont ever need to win a play off final again. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Great photos.

How did people get them back from the developers so quickly?

I think it’s more impressive how we got 35,000 people to stand perfectly still for 14 seconds, so they didn’t come out blurry.

IMG_0958.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 28/05/2024 at 12:16, Colinjb said:

Yes, staggering the amount of building that's happened around the stadium. 

You could, even green fields when it was built. Amazing how much London has expanded.u.thumb.jpg.2d288006567c869abc4023c0c07f3f18.jpgScreenshot_20240529-201908.thumb.png.01799c350cd94c44bd5ac6b6eb77c537.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, macca155 said:

You could, even green fields when it was built. Amazing how much London has expanded.u.thumb.jpg.2d288006567c869abc4023c0c07f3f18.jpgScreenshot_20240529-201908.thumb.png.01799c350cd94c44bd5ac6b6eb77c537.png

I dont think its on the same site, but you are correct all the same

17 hours ago, macca155 said:

3 hours ago, OldNick said:

I dont think its on the same site, but you are correct all the same

It’s certainly the same site but even that modern image is now out of date as it’s far more built up around the stadium now.

On 30/05/2024 at 14:00, TheAlehouseBrawlers said:

It’s certainly the same site but even that modern image is now out of date as it’s far more built up around the stadium now.

I deliberately chose a 2007(nearest I could get to 2010) image as the OP commented on the difference to to 2010.

Worrying about how far London will expand.