Photos from Wembley

CSA96

Posted (edited)

To all of you above - fantastic photography. Excuse me while I lower the tone with my digital dross.

I did wonder what the owner of this suitcase was planning to do with it once he got to Wembley, but he kept everyone refreshed (including a few Leeds supporters) on the Bakerloo Line carriage I was in with Carling and Frazzles so I'm guessing that the plan was to empty it there and then. Cheers to Big Phil.

spacer.png

Picture at Full Time:

IMG-4452.jpg

Edited by Ted Bates Statue
photo upload palaver
  • Like 8

Wonder what happened to all those friendly folk from Yorkshire we met walking up Wembley Way?

82C4A8A2-2BA2-4C43-A1DF-303668C46E64.thumb.jpeg.8707d6954d7c788858cbea35ea3852f3.jpeg

Looks as if they fucked off home early.  Perhaps they had a train to catch 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Badger said:

With special thanks to:

7D232D55-A1F6-487A-AAD4-C4C800D2FB7B.jpeg

I have to say that they were a big part of making the day great - they were so welcoming.
Listening to the guys directing parking, they had 1400 City fans in on Saturday for the cup. Just brilliant to be swelling the coffers of a non league football team.

Edited by John Boy Saint
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

To all of you above - fantastic photography. Excuse me while I lower the tone with my digital dross.

I did wonder what the owner of this suitcase was planning to do with it once he got to Wembley, but he kept everyone refreshed (including a few Leeds supporters) on the Bakerloo Line carriage I was in with Carling and Frazzles so I'm guessing that the plan was to empty it there and then. Cheers to Big Phil.

spacer.png

Picture at Full Time:

Do you know who he is? He’s quite a special man in my view. 

Any good links to videos of our end, thought support was excellent mostly although large parts of upper tier near me were sat and didn't sing much for spells of the game,  would like to see how it came across from other sections 

8 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

I have to say that they were a big part of making the day great - they were so welcoming.
Listening to the guys directing parking, they had 1400 City fans in on Saturday for the cup. Just brilliant to be swelling the coffers of a non league football team.

How much was the parking? Such a brilliant idea.

28 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

A tidy sum for a non-league club then! Brilliant. 

Nice people at the club.

I didn’t realise until yesterday that Wealdstone have been promoted into the National League, same as Eastleigh. 

On our first visit in 2017 the Wealdstone Raider was there and mingled for photos etc. No sign of him yesterday, perhaps he’s just pissed off with cameras and phones being pointed in his direction ( can’t blame him). 

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Any good links to videos of our end, thought support was excellent mostly although large parts of upper tier near me were sat and didn't sing much for spells of the game,  would like to see how it came across from other sections 

Very similar experience. Many were there to sit in silence and watch. Sporadic and infrequent, if at all, is how I'd describe the vocal support around me in blocks 548/547/546/545. The celebrations at the end were good, though. A shame, overall, because it seemed to me that the Leeds end were almost entirely stood up and singing (until we scored!)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, lambtiss said:

Where was that mate? 

Wealdstone FC just off the A40 at Northolt, 10 minute walk to Ruislip Tube station - 20 minute ride to Wembley. Saints are on their list of teams to invite for Wembley parking. Man City were in there on Saturday with 1400 folks, like us eating BBQ, drinking fair priced beer. So they certainly had a busy weekend boosting club funds. Coventry were there for the semis. 

8 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Not at the time. A bit of google has enlightened me. What a character - although I already held that view as of yesterday.

I particularly liked this internet thread about him which starts off branding him a Walter Mitty type, and then ends up with the thread getting locked after eventually reaching a consensus that aside from some literary embellishment, he really was legit SAS and he really did fend off some pirates by throwing a fridge at them.

2 hours ago, St. Neil said:

spacer.png

I need to know more about this chap, is that his spare leg and was his mate who delegates all the celebrating to his glove puppet there as well?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toussaint said:

I played one of the old Football Aid charity matches at St Mary’s alongside Phil back in 2006 I think it was. Had no idea who he was or what he did, but he was truly a really really nice bloke, and proper friendly to all. Amazing later hearing the stories of his life in the armed forces and beyond, alongside some admirable charity work. Goes completely against the stereotype of a guy who enjoyed a trip to Mecca bingo in Portswood quite often!!

Love that he bought a suitcase full of booze, what a character.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Did anyone get a picture, or find one of the arch last night? Wondering if it was lit up red and white for us.

spacer.png

Quite a good one

• Like 17