APOLOGIES ARE IN ORDER...

.....from all you " fans" who have criticised Russell Martin and continuously called for his sacking whenever we lost a run of games

- either side of that 24 match unbeaten run b.t.w. - but without considering that he arrived in July to find that the club had sold the best 

of those we had, and then lost Ward-Prowse and Tella after the opening games, and being forced to loan out some of the remainder.

The team he could " cobbled together " included 4 players who aren't even Saints, but were loaned to us by clubs who didn't want to keep them 

as they had no place in their starting sides.   Yes.. there were lots of good reasons why you were able to criticise him at the time, but suddenly I see

some of you glorying in our successful return to the top tier.  

Perhaps next season you can be a little more circumspect in your comments if we don't manage to beat the City's and Arsenal's in the Premier League , 

and once again return to the campaign to denigrate  the hard-working efforts of the staff and players.     Shame on you  " fans ". 

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, david in sweden said:

.....from all you " fans" who have criticised Russell Martin and continuously called for his sacking whenever we lost a run of games

- either side of that 24 match unbeaten run b.t.w. - but without considering that he arrived in July to find that the club had sold the best 

of those we had, and then lost Ward-Prowse and Tella after the opening games, and being forced to loan out some of the remainder.

The team he could " cobbled together " included 4 players who aren't even Saints, but were loaned to us by clubs who didn't want to keep them 

as they had no place in their starting sides.   Yes.. there were lots of good reasons why you were able to criticise him at the time, but suddenly I see

Perhaps next season you can be a little more circumspect in your comments if we don't manage to beat the City's and Arsenal's in the Premier League , 

and once again return to the campaign to denigrate  the hard-working efforts of the staff and players.     Shame on you  " fans ". 

Totally agree! Some of the cr@p thrown at Russell Martin by certain sections of the "fan base" has been ridiculous. I have said any number of times that when we are winning, the style of football (denying the opposition the ball) is brilliant. When we are losing, it is f@cking frustrating! The proof of the pudding though, is in the eating. Today's result was the icing on a very nice cake....OK....probably too many food metaphors! Well done Russell Martin! You got what you deserved!

• Like 1

100% agree David.  The abuse he has taken during the season was ridiculous with someone even today suggesting he should now be fired!  It's been fair to criticize his tactics and formation at times this season but a lot of the abuse aimed at him was bang out of order.  And funnily enough, from keyboard warriors who don't seem to attend games

We should all savor this moment - winning at Wembley, promotion, etc.  Next season will be tough and I doubt it will be enjoyable as the Championship has been this season.

Well done Martin and all the players who made this a memorable season.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I won’t acknowledge our “success” until we have undergone a truth and reconciliation process!

In the meantime I shall self flagellate while I deal with my shame for allowing my frustration to get the better of me being and me being bit of a piggy-wig to Russ.

Edited by Toussaint
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

I've criticised him as I am entitled to do. No apology necessary. I've also praised him.  I call it how I see it so nothing to be sorry about.

• Like 6

David's bang on. 

Martin asked for patience, then delivered. 

I'll hold my hands up in terms of questioning the mental fortitude of this squad.

But the way they've delivered throughout the playoffs... It's been exemplary. 

It's folly to suggest no manager should face scrutiny. But far too many people jumped the gun this time. 

Have a fucking brilliant evening, everyone. 😇

• Like 3