Janny B

benjii

Think he deserves a thread. Obviously had a tough couple of years prior, and the Villa loan caused a sour taste, but he's been immense this season. Battling, gritty, brave, disciplined and quality on the ball. Rarely made a big mistake and clearly passionate about getting us back up.

Seems like a good guy.

Thanks Janny B.

• Like 22

Stephen's injury was the best thing that could have happened for THB, but it was the form of Bednarek that stopped Stephens from getting back into the back 2 again. He has been very good. We will still need a new CB in the summer IMO but THB and Bednarek as a partnership should be OK. Add a good left back and we have our back 4. (He says hoping with hope that KWP doesn't go anywhere...)

58 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Stephen's injury was the best thing that could have happened for THB, but it was the form of Bednarek that stopped Stephens from getting back into the back 2 again. He has been very good. We will still need a new CB in the summer IMO but THB and Bednarek as a partnership should be OK. Add a good left back and we have our back 4. (He says hoping with hope that KWP doesn't go anywhere...)

Will Peraud come back? Larios will also be fit

23 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Will Peraud come back? Larios will also be fit

I think the fact the Perraud didn't stay this season shows where we are with him. I think he goes. Larios will still be around but with his injury troubles I wouldn't want to go into a Premier League season with Manning and Larios as our left backs. I'm not sure who we bring in though I do know Ryan Sessegnon is out of contract this summer and he'd be a good signing.

Bedders has been a bit classy for this division. As @SNSUN said, Stephens' injury allowed the THB partnership to flourish. THB has loads of strengths, but was also gaining a lot from his partner. When Stephens returned, there was a wobble, with THB form dipping. But Janny B has been composed and calm throughout. Also been vital with all the short passing too, creating options for the others.

The Villa thing did leave a bad taste. But that went badly, and he's been a key player this season.

As for Perraud, Martin didn't rate him, doesn't think he suits our system and has said so, played him at center half and then got shot of him. I don't know if Perraud was one of the want away players or one with an attitude. But with KWP, Bree, Manning, Stephens, Patios and Meghoma all options, I'd be very surprised if he stays.

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

Remember we'll have ABK returning from loan as well.

I think it was him that made a brilliant tackle half way through the second half, Leeds would have been 8 yards out in front of goal and surely would have scored but he got a block in and the danger was cleared. As good as a goal 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I think it was him that made a brilliant tackle half way through the second half, Leeds would have been 8 yards out in front of goal and surely would have scored but he got a block in and the danger was cleared. As good as a goal 

Was a great piece of defending. He had a great game today I thought. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Decent championship defender. Proven to be out of his depth in the Prem. His shouting at teammates for his own errors is a joke.

That's harsh. Given a decent partner at the back, I think he's more than capable. You don't get over 50 caps for Poland for being shit. 

• Like 2

Bedders has been excellent this season and has well earned another season with us in the EPL.  One thing that impresses me especially is his care and concern for others, whether friend or foe.  He is always first or thereabouts to anyone injured, especially if seriously hurt.  I noted that he went up to Farke and consoled him after the match.  Sheer class when everyone was euphoric over our victory.  I hope he will do well for us next season; Martin seems to value him so I expect he will have a big part to play next season.

• Like 6

I think what's helped Bednarek is having a fairly stable partner next to him in THB, they've really formed a top partnership. Previously Bednarek has chopped and changed a bit with us, arguably his best spell came alongside Vestergaard (Again, a consistent partner), but I think THB really compliments him as a player.

• Like 2

At the end of the day... we loaned Jan to Villa because we believed we had better options in the squad. But... a) Villa must have seen something in him to loan him in the first place, b) He's a Polish international with loads of caps which don't come if you're crap and c) If we were Premier League already and were looking to sign a defender from the Championship who has had an excellent season, we'd be delighted. 

Jan is 27, he's entering his peak as a footballer. He has absolutely earned his chance back in the Prem.

• Like 7

I've posted this before, but I wonder if he's just better suited to the possession based game under Russ than he was to the low possession, high pressing style we played under RH. He often looked like a liability during that era because he frequently couldn't recover his position from being so high up the pitch, but I've not seen that kind of panicky, desperate backtracking from him this season. 

• Like 2

I've been very critical of him in the past and tbh was really annoyed when Jones bought him back from Villa early. But he has completely turned my opinion of him around and been one of our key players this season. Maybe partly due to the drop in division but he has looked so much calmer and more assured than before and hardly put a foot wrong. I think I would be fine with him and THB as our starting CBs next season, they've formed an excellent partnership. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

I've been very critical of him in the past and tbh was really annoyed when Jones bought him back from Villa early. But he has completely turned my opinion of him around and been one of our key players this season. Maybe partly due to the drop in division but he has looked so much calmer and more assured than before and hardly put a foot wrong. I think I would be fine with him and THB as our starting CBs next season, they've formed an excellent partnership. 

It isn't partly due to the drop in division, it's wholly due to it.

He has proven over a number of years that he can't cut it as a prem CB. I would not be fine with him as a starting CB next season.

On 26/05/2024 at 21:10, Lee On Solent Saint said:

That's harsh. Given a decent partner at the back, I think he's more than capable. You don't get over 50 caps for Poland for being shit. 

Tomasz Hajto got 62 caps for Poland.