26/5/24: A Wembley Journal.

gio1saints

Thought I’d journal my thoughts and experiences during the day from a travelling fan perspective at various times as a keep sake. 
Feel free to add your own thoughts. 
And COYS!

• Like 3

08.30 and a nice buzz around SMS lots of supporters. Many kids getting face painted. All here are mostly for official and unofficial coaches.  Cars go past all hooting support. It’s already a good atmosphere! 😇

Hey i was unfortunate not to get a ticket,but im so happy for those that go, what an occasion and memories good or bad people will take away with them.Have a great day out be lucky and C O Y S....................

• Like 2

First and hopefully last moan of the day. There are no signs telling you where to stand and wait if you are on a certain coach. So everyone just hanging around. And massing around the one or two coaches here. Goodness knows what’s going to happen when 50 coaches turn up and thousands ( 1500+ ?) people get into a jumble trying to find the right one. Bit not organised. 

Boarded coach. Not where was originally told. But it was parked up outside the Deanery. And The Safety Officer kindly directed me.  It’s a wild bunch so far.
Yes apparently it has a WC but no you can’t use it?  Yes thete is a USB. And seats feel comfy. Yes to getting an aisle seat just behind the driver so will have a panoramic view of….the coach backside ahead of us lol. So far so good. Nobody’s handing out the bingo cards, yet. 😇

34 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

This has to be a wind up?

Nope. Lots of cars with saints scarves flying out the windows on the M3. No bingo. I’m gutted.😂.  Just a wide range of typical saints fans talking footie and cricket etc. broke my charger cable. Nothing else of note except it’s nice to be able to shut your eyes whilst driving on the motorway. 😂😂😂

On the bingo bus, which despite this coach selling out is only 2/3 full so I’ve got two seats to myself. Good atmosphere at St Mary’s earlier, bought myself a bacon roll, well it had one slice of bacon and one slice akin to a pork scratching. Surprisingly calm about today, yeah I’d absolutely love to go straight back up, but it’s football, shit happens. Maybe I’m just too scarred from my last trip here in the EFL to get myself excited.

Oh, and @Turkish I picked you up a key ring in the club shop, hope you like it.

IMG_2229.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

On the bingo bus, which despite this coach selling out is only 2/3 full so I’ve got two seats to myself. Good atmosphere at St Mary’s earlier, bought myself a bacon roll, well it had one slice of bacon and one slice akin to a pork scratching. Surprisingly calm about today, yeah I’d absolutely love to go straight back up, but it’s football, shit happens. Maybe I’m just too scarred from my last trip here in the EFL to get myself excited.

IMG_2229.jpeg

I like the alternative take on the Palestinian flag!

2 hours ago, bpsaint said:

IMG_2229.jpeg

Thanks pal, I’ll use it as proof of my support rainbow saints 👏

• Like 1

In my position. Parking the coach was a nonsense. left us in the middle of the Leeds area. 
Great atmosphere in the ( Saints) concourse and places slowly staring to fill. Oh and everyone gets a cute flag. image.thumb.png.b0ec4096019c430dbb6825a45ada10d3.png

Just after we scored. I got no voice and no energy cleft. On coach on way back. 
Best asaibts moment of my life. Best Saints atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. Biggest thing I’ve ever seen is win. Loudest support. A day of superlatives. Thank you Saints and all you the saints fans made that day incredible with your brilliant support. 👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 4