For those without tickets...

Unfortunately you are some of the losers alongside me that were unable to get tickets - however to counter that I am thinking about potentially going up to Wembley to revel in the atmosphere and go to a local pub to watch the game. Would anyone else be interested in this, or am I gonna be on my own? 

Setting myself up to be a massive no mates loser here I think 😂😂😂

• Like 2

I went to Cardiff FA cup Final via a notorious night in Bristol with a bunch of Saints forever reprobates - without a ticket - but managed to get one by staying online and alert.

Id be confident if you travelled up and stayed close to saints fans you’d find a ticket somehow. 👍

I had almost similar situation for our semi v Liverpool at WHL back in the day whereby I accidentally sold my mates ticket outside the ground to a saints fan as thought he was unable to make it but then when he belatedly arrived somehow managed to get him one off someone else. 
If you turn up and believe, the universe will manifest you a ticket! 😁

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

I went to Cardiff FA cup Final via a notorious night in Bristol with a bunch of Saints forever reprobates - without a ticket - but managed to get one by staying online and alert.

Id be confident if you travelled up and stayed close to saints fans you’d find a ticket somehow. 👍

I had almost similar situation for our semi v Liverpool at WHL back in the day whereby I accidentally sold my mates ticket outside the ground to a saints fan as thought he was unable to make it but then when he belatedly arrived somehow managed to get him one off someone else. 
If you turn up and believe, the universe will manifest you a ticket! 😁

"Saintsforever reprobates" you hang out with those lunatics? Did you drink at least two alcopops, had your login name on the back of your shirt and were part of their seating plan? Wackiness was their middle name that lot.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

"Saintsforever reprobates" you hang out with those lunatics? Did you drink at least two alcopops, had your login name on the back of your shirt and were part of their seating plan? Wackiness was their middle name that lot.

You had to be there to know that. As you were of course 🤣

Edited by Wurzel
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

LOL - think he's talking about Keith Legg and Darren Wheeler maybe. 

I struggle to understand how people that have been to Saints games did not get a ticket?? Surely everyone on here has been to a few games? 

Just now, Wurzel said:

You had to be there to know that. As you were of course 🤣

Sadly they were too crazy for me, however i used to enjoy seeing their seating plans and photos they uploaded onto the old saintsforever forum for days after

16 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sadly they were too crazy for me, however i used to enjoy seeing their seating plans and photos they uploaded onto the old saintsforever forum for days after

To be fair some of them did express their "enthusiasm" in unusual ways. Rumour has it at least one of them earned a Blue Peter badge for their efforts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farmer Saint said:

Unfortunately you are some of the losers alongside me that were unable to get tickets - however to counter that I am thinking about potentially going up to Wembley to revel in the atmosphere and go to a local pub to watch the game. Would anyone else be interested in this, or am I gonna be on my own? 

Thats what Im intending to do. Go to Waterloo from Tisbury/Salisbury 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

I struggle to understand how people that have been to Saints games did not get a ticket?? Surely everyone on here has been to a few games? 

Well for me, the games I went to (just a couple this season) my daughter bought them on her number. I was either a tad unlucky on the ticketing system or me being useless on the site!

I was on sunday on the site just buying tickets tried to put 5 in the cart but it said these no price and before I knew it we were totally sold out. Yesterday I was on at 1 and it threw me out a couple of times. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, franniesTache said:

we took a few up to cardiff with us without tickets and they all found a way into the ground, it's amazing how helpful stewards will be if you put money into the retirement fund is all i'll say 

Used to be a steward at St Marys who'd let you in for a small donation.

This was in the late 2000's when we were on the way down so there were always plenty of empty seats.

Edited by ecuk268

When I went to the League cup final on a coach there were people around the coach park by the stadium trying to sell Saints section tickets. Might be worth a try.

2 hours ago, Wurzel said:

To be fair some of them did express their "enthusiasm" in unusual ways. Rumour has it at least one of them earned a Blue Peter badge for their efforts.

And that kind of loose comment revealing secrets is why you were never allowed to become one of the Saints Diplomats. Yes, them. 😎

Having said that your classification as a “Lethal Weapon” ( are you still qualified?) would have been very useful should our work through normal diplomatic channels fail - as indeed they did in that Bristol night club. 😂

Posted (edited)

A load of tickets always end up with touts so there will be some available on the day - it just depends what you’re prepared to pay. For the 2003 FA Cup Final I got into the Saints end with a ticket I got off a tout right outside 10 minutes before kick off. If you hold your nerve, eventually there’s a tipping point where if they’ve got any left, they just need to get rid of them or they’re the ones who lose out. So take a wedge of cash, stand outside, keep your ears open and chance your arm, and you may well get in. 

Edited by Midfield_General
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OldNick said:

Thats what Im intending to do. Go to Waterloo from Tisbury/Salisbury 

I'm going to start out at West Hampstead with a few fans, there may be one or two going there, and then will head up to Wembley - if I don't get one by 14:30 I'll head back down to West Hampstead to watch the game (I've booked a table at a pub showing it there). 

5 hours ago, Noodles34 said:

Does Darren still go to games? Haven't seen him for years.

I think there's a few on here who never leave the basement of their parents house.

Yeah, massive fan me. What's that? Buy a ticket for the game? Nah, you're alright thanks. Got myself a dodgy stream and need to keep my Saintsweb posting ratio up. What if the manager plays someone vaguely out of position and I'm not online to immediately write the word shoehorn? There might be someone on the Internet saying something I disagree with who I need to quickly and sarcastically reply to and I can't do that while I'm at a game can I?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Trying to get a ticket outside the ground is just another football bet: you've just got to hold your nerve.

I was in Cagliari at Italia 90 and my promised ticket didn't turn up so wandered up to the ground on match day and bought one off a local. The fact it was with the Irish didn't worry me, although the Carabinieri looked at me askance..

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

I think there's a few on here who never leave the basement of their parents house.

Yeah, massive fan me. What's that? Buy a ticket for the game? Nah, you're alright thanks. Got myself a dodgy stream and need to keep my Saintsweb posting ratio up. What if the manager plays someone vaguely out of position and I'm not online to immediately write the word shoehorn? There might be someone on the Internet saying something I disagree with who I need to quickly and sarcastically reply to and I can't do that while I'm at a game can I?

I think that's unfair.

I'm sure some of them have their own flat. But did you have anyone specific in mind?

8 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

What is the Ulez charge on a tractor?

4 hours ago, Midfield_General said:

A load of tickets always end up with touts so there will be some available on the day - it just depends what you’re prepared to pay. For the 2003 FA Cup Final I got into the Saints end with a ticket I got off a tout right outside with 10 minutes to go until kick off. If you hold your nerve, eventually there’s a tipping point where if they’ve got any left, they just need to get rid of them or they’re the ones who lose out. So take a wedge of cash, stand outside, keep your ears open and chance your arm, and you may well get in. 

Be interested to know how much you paid in Cardiff? I paid £400. Bought one fairly early in the day. 

7 hours ago, Wurzel said:

I remember the excitable “who’s got a ticket for xxxx game” threads them their post match drivel about how much they’d drunk and what a laugh they’d all had accompanied by many, many pictures. It was all very cute 

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

I remember on TUI when I used to post on there was a guy who used to pretend his was at games but was blatantly full of shit. He reckons one time he was posting from the toilets and wrote a long ramble about how shit Pelle was. This was before the days of WIFI at SMS so you’d been lucky to get a signal let alone post a long ramble whilst being barged left right and centre as you’re queuing for a piss in the bogs and still make it back In time for the second half to carry on posting about how shit Pelle was all second half  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, richie said:

Be interested to know how much you paid in Cardiff? I paid £400. Bought one fairly early in the day. 

It was still a lot, considering it was right before kick-off - I think it was about £350, although my memory's a bit hazy. My mate got one too off the same bloke for the same price, also in the Saints end but in a different part of it. 

Edited by Midfield_General

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, whelk said:

What is the Ulez charge on a tractor?

It's free mate. I may well bring my finishing mower to pretend that I'm doing the pitch - in fact that may be a way for me to get in... 

Edited by Farmer Saint

Posted (edited)

I think if someone really wanted a ticket they should be able to have got one. I got three but I've been offered a ticket from about five different people at this point. 

Edited by hypochondriac

17 hours ago, franniesTache said:

we took a few up to cardiff with us without tickets and they all found a way into the ground, it's amazing how helpful stewards will be if you put money into the retirement fund is all i'll say 

How does that work then except in your dreams 😂

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I think if someone really wanted a ticket they should be able the same get one. I got three but I've been offered a ticket from about five different people at this point. 

There will be plenty on offer from touts outside the stadium, always are. Several problems to consider; "are they genuine", "price" and (unless you have a map of the seating area wth you to check) "where is the seat" being offered.

I advise anybody who is that desperate to get inside to be very cautious indeed before parting with their money. 

Stay home, mow the lawn, grab a beer and watch the box. The result will be the same, you'll be £500 better off on Monday and glad you weren't there to see the humiliation of defeat if we lose..

36 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

There will be plenty on offer from touts outside the stadium, always are. Several problems to consider; "are they genuine", "price" and (unless you have a map of the seating area wth you to check) "where is the seat" being offered.

I advise anybody who is that desperate to get inside to be very cautious indeed before parting with their money. 

Stay home, mow the lawn, grab a beer and watch the box. The result will be the same, you'll be £500 better off on Monday and glad you weren't there to see the humiliation of defeat if we lose..

I meant if you know people in Southampton there's a ton of people offering tickets because their plans have changed or they cant go. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I meant if you know people in Southampton there's a ton of people offering tickets because their plans have changed or they cant go. 

If you could put me in contact with one that would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

If you could put me in contact with one that would be appreciated. 

If you'd asked me yesterday I could have got two. One has gone to a mates sister and my uncle has sold his spare. If I hear of any more I'll let you know. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

If you'd asked me yesterday I could have got two. One has gone to a mates sister and my uncle has sold his spare. 

If you see anyone else that would be good - always difficult when you haven't lived in Southampton for 25 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I think if someone really wanted a ticket they should be able to have got one. I got three but I've been offered a ticket from about five different people at this point. 

well I have friggin tried. I saw on #saints twitter yesterday someone offeing a pair. I contacted him and asked where he was 'Porchester' he answered I said great send meyour phone number and my brother will collect. Not a word after but he put them backon. Scammer I suggest

Just now, OldNick said:

well I have friggin tried. I saw on #saints twitter yesterday someone offeing a pair. I contacted him and asked where he was 'Porchester' he answered I said great send meyour phone number and my brother will collect. Not a word after but he put them backon. Scammer I suggest

I'm sorry mate. I hope you can get one. 

16 hours ago, The Cat said:

Haven't seen Daren in a couple of years now but last time i saw him he'd pretty much stopped completely, think he got married a few years back and that was pretty much that for him. He also noticeably dropped off going when his mum passed.

Still haven't forgiven him for the time he filled his hipflask with absinthe instead of the normal whisky he had and didn't tell me. I took a massive swig and almost throw up where i was standing 🤣

Top bloke is Daren, shame he's stopped really as those old faces where the heart and soul of the club

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, franniesTache said:

Haven't seen Daren in a couple of years now but last time i saw him he'd pretty much stopped completely, think he got married a few years back and that was pretty much that for him. He also noticeably dropped off going when his mum passed.

Still haven't forgiven him for the time he filled his hipflask with absinthe instead of the normal whisky he had and didn't tell me. I took a massive swig and almost throw up where i was standing 🤣

Top bloke is Daren, shame he's stopped really as those old faces where the heart and soul of the club

There used to be a big group of them that used to go to the last game of the season all in black tie. It was in memory of his mum i think. Do they still do that? He got married quite a while ago haven't seen him for years though probably more than 10. So many people i used to go with either go very rarely or hardly ever these days. Used to regularly bump into dozens of people at away games, last one i went to only saw a handful of people i know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, franniesTache said:

Will you be wearing full kit and boots?

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

There used to be a big group of them that used to go to the last game of the season all in black tie. It was in memory of his mum i think. Do they still do that? He got married quite a while ago haven't seen him for years though probably more than 10. So many people i used to go with either go very rarely or hardly ever these days. Used to regularly bump into dozens of people at away games, last one i went to only saw a handful of people i know.

Don't think they've done that in years, at least not that i've seen. Wasn't just in memory of Daren's mum was for all the people they'd lost, was a nice touch I thought.

Know what you mean about the old lot, there's fewer and fewer going these days, still see the likes of Clive, Al, Nick I and others around but really thin on the ground. Funnily enough Gunner popped up a couple of times last season, still his old self and doesn't seem to have aged a day, was a proper blast from the past seeing him. Still see "the postie" pretty regularly at St Mary's, but he's stopped doing aways these days.

Our away support has changed massively in the last few years, don't think i've ever seen us have such a posh/middle class support in my life if i'm honest. I guess the sad truth is apart from people getting older a few have passed on, heard "jim steele" passed years back and there's definitely some who you do wonder if they're still around.

A lot of it is just down to the way the games gone too, I know loads who knocked it on the head because they hated the premier league, and once you stop going it's not really a habit you get back into easily, especially away games.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

How does that work then except in your dreams 😂

I got into Highbury once that way and had to keep quiet with my mate as we were deep in the hardcore nut jobs Arsenal home end the league match we got walloped before the FA cup final with them…That was a cash at the gate style fifteen minutes into the match effort…oh and we had to say we were arsenal too….I think back now and ask myself why I did such dumb and dangerous things to follow Saints…got horror stories about away trips to Millwall, Spurs, West Ham, even Brighton, Orient, Palace Ipswich and so on still in my memory. Think it’s a kind of PTSD. Risk taking behaviour engendered by supporting  Bloody Saints. 😇🤫😖