Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

We'll have to get used to conceding like that with our faffing at the back.

Every style of football has drawbacks and certain types of goals likely to be conceded as a side effect. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Every style of football has drawbacks and certain types of goals likely to be conceded as a side effect. 

Yes and our faffing at the back will be badly exposed in the Prem.

• Like 2

Tyler is everywhere. Good engine. But B have cottoned on that when he gets ball he will turn and look to run with it. He cannot do that edge of our box as they already sussed him twice on that front putting us in danger.  Cut that out and we got an amazing player there. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Don't know much about Robinson, what should we expect from him, anyone know?

I really liked him against Eastleigh. Reminds me a bit of Tino on the ball.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Am i missing something re the official site, or are all the videos these days like 30seconds - 1min in length? In my mind coverage used to be a lot longer for the preseason training and activities.

Same thing applies to new signings - is all the material basically just in short clips rather than one concise video that can just be watched without having to go searching for all the constituent parts? Its like the media team have lost the ability to focus for more than a minute...

A study was made recently in the industry and the average attention span of most viewers is 30 seconds. The golden age of music video for example is dead. Companies don’t see it as effective to spend millions on a video when a “ short “ is more effective. Go on YouTube and see the prevalence of “ shorts “ . Hence the rise of Tik Tok. 

• Like 1

I hope we don't revert back to inverted fullbacks for next season.

Could work a lot better if we're going with three at the back, but someone of Manning's quality will be hopeless in there

26 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Tyler is everywhere. Good engine. But B have cottoned on that when he gets ball he will turn and look to run with it. He cannot do that edge of our box as they already sussed him twice on that front putting us in danger.  Cut that out and we got an amazing player there. 

Yes, he's impressed me too. This could be his breakthrough season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Pretty chaotic opening half. Comedy defending, losing possession far too easily. Suppose that's what preseason is about and we have a lot of young and new players involved.

I could only see THB lining up against Newcastle from that 1st half line-up.   Seems pointless watching players like Bree, Manning and Mara - they are nowhere near good enough; even as squad players.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

So first half Charlie and Dibling good going forward but ball retention shocking.Everyone comfortable on ball especially Wood but so easy to get at with ball side of centre 3 .

Just a training game though 

Also how many of them were starting 11? 1 player maybe?

38 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Some choice language overheard from the gaffer. Shouting lots of encouragement to Charles and Bree. 

Indeed and notice he’s needing to give Mara lots kicks up the arse.

SAA just scored a lovely goal.

• Like 1

Much better start to this half. We have to get Dibling to sign a new contract. Expires 2025.

Jeez. We need him on a longer contract. The guy is gold dust. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Thought it was just me, but looks to be carrying a little extra timber.

Yep also the difference between him and THB on the ball is night and day, I'd say even Bednarek looks more assured. Plenty of time for Wood to get up to speed yet though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Much better start to this half. We have to get Dibling to sign a new contract. Expires 2025.

He's been a bright spark along with SAA.   A little disappointed with Charly so far.

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

Yep also the difference between him and THB on the ball is night and day, I'd say even Bednarek looks more assured. Plenty of time for Wood to get up to speed yet though

Agreed, looks a bit uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, unusual seeing as he has played the Martin way before.