Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

7 hours ago, LeG said:

If Juan can stay fit...I think he will surprise a few. He is the more suited to our system and style than any other signing we have made since RM arrived. RM massively rates him.

Wonder if we would consider lining up with

Gk 

Bednarek THB Taylor 

Sugawara Downes Smallbone Larios

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LeG said:

If Juan can stay fit...I think he will surprise a few. He is the more suited to our system and style than any other signing we have made since RM arrived. RM massively rates him.

I'd like to know how he can massively rate him when he has hardly seen him play, weird no ?

23 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I'd like to know how he can massively rate him when he has hardly seen him play, weird no ?

It's not the conversation I had, although similar, but this was taken from 31st Aug 2023.

"I know he’s had injury problems and it’s easy to forget about him, but we shouldn’t because he is a fantastic footballer.

“He’s back training full-time now. He’s tenacious and really technically gifted – we have really good competition there already.

“He’s a natural left-back but he can play both sides. Now he is pushing Ryan really hard and he knows that he is breathing down his neck.

“We need to get Juan some game time between now and the end of the international break."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JRM said:

Legends 

20240722_201449.jpg.9d3d9cb4e3ae1502e6ae177df6fe4160.jpg

Collectors item.

PO & JL and a football. In Saints gear. Holding hands and Running at same time. ❤️

Some people might think RM has gone a bit too far with the squad love and super-caring for each other thing but I think it’s refreshing. 😍😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

Collectors item.

PO & JL and a football. In Saints gear. Holding hands and Running at same time. ❤️

Some people might think RM has gone a bit too far with the squad love and super-caring for each other thing but I think it’s refreshing. 😍😇

I'm glad you put their initials as I had no idea who they were when I saw the picture! 

• Like 1

I see Bordeaux have just been administratively relegated to the third tier. Liverpool owners pulled out of takeover talks last week. Be interesting to see how there players react against us tomorrow given they no longer have professional league status. 

Edited by The Curse of St Mary's

28 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

I see Bordeaux have just been administratively relegated to the third tier. Liverpool owners pulled out of takeover talks last week. Be interesting to see how there players react against us tomorrow given they no longer have professional league status. 

Interesting. I’d say that it’s probably a coincidence that SR arrange this friendly but then again it may not be. Bordeaux nice connection to have 😎🍷

4 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Interesting. I’d say that it’s probably a coincidence that SR arrange this friendly but then again it may not be. Bordeaux nice connection to have 😎🍷

SR already own one French club, if that's what you're thinking.

42 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Ideal opportunity to see if they have anything decent. Probably pick them up for pocket change.

The French team I always thought Saints should have an association with, which they used to when the cities were linked, was Le Havre.
They have bounced around French League 2 and League 1 but have seen quite a few decent players pass through their ranks.
Bordeaux Girondins have historically been a big club in France with a decent stadium.
Seems they have really gone downhill recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

we already have valenciennes in the 3rd tier

Am i missing something re the official site, or are all the videos these days like 30seconds - 1min in length? In my mind coverage used to be a lot longer for the preseason training and activities.

Same thing applies to new signings - is all the material basically just in short clips rather than one concise video that can just be watched without having to go searching for all the constituent parts? Its like the media team have lost the ability to focus for more than a minute...

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Anyone we would be interested in pinching?

33 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Am i missing something re the official site, or are all the videos these days like 30seconds - 1min in length? In my mind coverage used to be a lot longer for the preseason training and activities.

Same thing applies to new signings - is all the material basically just in short clips rather than one concise video that can just be watched without having to go searching for all the constituent parts? Its like the media team have lost the ability to focus for more than a minute...

Its been proven to get better engagement - One of the most compelling benefits of creating shorter videos is the increased level of engagement from audiences — short-form videos are 2.5 times more engaging than long-form videos.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

The full videos are just on the app I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Peoples attention span is lower these days so they know they'll get more views on shorter clips would be my guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

They just want you to download their shitty app, for full content and coverage. Same as why full videos aren't uploaded to YouTube or Twitter anymore. 

I'll pass, personally. 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Buying a video pass for a preseason friendly is such bullshit. 

I genuinely can't even believe it's a thing. Let alone that people actually pay for it.

4 minutes ago, EssEffCee said:

I genuinely can't even believe it's a thing. Let alone that people actually pay for it.

Fiver a friendly takes the piss, fiver for all of them......maybe at a push. I still wouldn't.

23 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

What happens if you want to watch it on a reasonable sized laptop screen instead of a pissy small phone screen?!

15 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

What happens if you want to watch it on a reasonable sized laptop screen instead of a pissy small phone screen?!

You login via your laptop for a start.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Yeah nearly all of them were....

That scorpion kick and backflip is absolutely insane.

Unfortunately, he is not suited to the Premier League in any way and even less so to what RM is trying to do. I can't see any way he stays.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Should be able to get in to Southamptonfc.com on a laptop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like the Millwall friendly might be a rough test not for Stewart going by this.

Hope Millwall get relegated and relegated to infinity!
It’s a pre season friendly you morons!
Players flying into stupid tackles like it’s your cup final.
Fans singing “No one likes us”
Nobody cares about you, classless bunch of cunts #NFFC

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Give it to Ron said:

Looks like the Millwall friendly might be a rough test not for Stewart going by this.

Hope Millwall get relegated and relegated to infinity!
It’s a pre season friendly you morons!
Players flying into stupid tackles like it’s your cup final.
Fans singing “No one likes us”
Nobody cares about you, classless bunch of cunts #NFFC

4 yellow cards in a friendly is good going. There would've been 7 or 8 in a league game apparently. 

Let's keep our sick notes away from this one. 

11 hours ago, SambaMaverick said:

That scorpion kick and backflip is absolutely insane.

Unfortunately, he is not suited to the Premier League in any way and even less so to what RM is trying to do. I can't see any way he stays.

You are very probably right in that PO (necessarily) gets sold To help pay for a more RM friendly type of player. 

I’m still dissatisfied with the common judgement on him though.

PO is a proven goal scorer. Are we really so blessed with those that we can unload him easily? I guess we will - but I still hope RM plays him today and I still hope he does well. Maybe the narrative will change thereafter. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 2

THB calling out Charlie for not passing. Wants rhythm. Like that. So far from game...you can see exactly why Martin doesn't trust some of our players. This will be great for them though.

• Like 2