Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

Which five adjectives from these ten apply to our team unDer the present manager?

exciting

predictable

boring

toothless

determined

skillful

pedestrian

inspiring

lacklustre

organised

I know my five!

it can only get better!!

Onauchu has had a bum deal from Saints, deserves a decent run out. Definitely something there.

What a terrible friendly, they killed that game with petulance, just horrible. Needed a team to go for us.

Oh well Newcastle next

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lone ranger said:

Which five adjectives from these ten apply to our team unDer the present manager?

exciting

predictable

boring

toothless

determined

skillful

pedestrian

inspiring

lacklustre

organised

I know my five!

it can only get better!!

You forgot 'brave'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Hill said:

Does Ross Stewart actually exist ??

He simultaneously exists and doesn't exist. You've heard of Schrodinger's Cat, well he's the footballing version. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Andy Hill said:

Wasn't the last time he played football two league below this, will he really be able to step up and get 10 - 15 goals in the Prem.  I'm not so sure he is the answer. 

3 minutes ago, Morse said:

He simultaneously exists and doesn't exist. You've heard of Schrodinger's Cat, well he's the footballing version. 

In one possible universe, he has an Achilles injury. In another, it's a long term hamstring injury. Mathematicians and Quantum Physicists are still looking for a universe in which he plays.

• Haha 2

I really want to be positive…

….but unless we spend like 100mil this week it’s gonna be a very difficult season.

And there’s more chance of Ross Stewart kicking a football than us spending that sort of money. 

• Haha 2

Dull as dishwater really, I thought Getafe were the most anti-football Spanish side I've seen in a while.

That was our 11 for next weekend - still some glaring holes we all know about, but they will get filled as we get to the end of the window.

We could end up with most goals conceded in Premier league history stat. Not due to the quality of players but this terrible style they are being asked to implement under RM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Call me a silly billy but last five or so minutes when TP was on we had a couple of chances to put ball into the box. Both came to nothing .  But both times I thought to myself “ if they get it to him he will win the ball or create such a fuss we will score. I also found myself glowing with pleasure at the thought that saints actually have someone who IS a #9 and physically owns that forward central space normally empty for saints. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Andy Hill said:

When he signed I thought the nickname Loch Ness Drogba had the emphasis on the Drogba.  On reflection its the Loch Ness doing the heavy lifting, as apart from a few fantasists no fucker has ever seen him. 

• Haha 5

Highlight of the match for me was sitting across the aisle from Matt Le Tiss and getting a photo of him and my grandson.

Coming out of the Chapel we couldn't turn right to Melbourne St. Everyone was funneled to Marine Parade and it was quite congested.

If it's like that with 7000, 30000 is going to make it a lot worse.

I think Martin was keeping his fingers crossed that TP wouldn't score or assist so pushed Edozie up front and pulled TP back behind. That did the trick. If TP is on the field he has to play off the last defendef not the deep midfielder. That defence is going to give away loads of goals pinging it around in our own box. McCarthy got lucky today. The Premier League is an uncompromising place, now the opposition sees the way our defence plays it around they are going to be all over us like a rash. We were pretty sterile in attack and well outnumbered. Aribo was hopeless in getting forward to help. It was crying out for Alcaraz in his position. Dibling looks positive every time he plays. Two wing backs and three midfielders not getting forward will result in a lot of nil final scores.

• Like 2

That was a dull as dull can be. Playing with two wide forwards didn't really lead to much and Getafe were pretty dirty, considering it was a preseason friendly. I thought their number six might throw himself to the floor if he'd tripped over that balloon.

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That was a dull as dull can be. Playing with two wide forwards didn't really lead to much and Getafe were pretty dirty, considering it was a preseason friendly. I thought their number six might throw himself to the floor if he'd tripped over that balloon.

Unless we have someone really creative between the two wide forwards, or a proper number 9 it won't work. However I would love to see us implement a 5-2-3 that becomes a 3-4-3 when in possession. Could really work if we have two bombing fullbacks.

2 hours ago, Lone ranger said:

exciting

predictable

boring

toothless

determined

skillful

pedestrian

inspiring

lacklustre

organised

I know my five!

it can only get better!!

Predictable, boring, toothless, pedestrian and lacklustre.

Finally at the stage in my life when I could potentially travel to any and all Saints games, home or away irrespective of the day of the week.  He's no Branfoot- Christ, no club could deserve that idiot twice - but I find his brand of football as dull as ditch water. This is going to be a long, painful season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bushey Saint said:

Predictable, boring, toothless, pedestrian and lacklustre.

Finally at the stage in my life when I could potentially travel to any and all Saints games, home or away irrespective of the day of the week.  He's no Branfoot- Christ, no club could deserve that idiot twice - but I find his brand of football as dull as ditch water. This is going to be a long, painful season.

1 hour ago, Zorba said:

We could end up with most goals conceded in Premier league history stat. Not due to the quality of players but this terrible style they are being asked to implement under RM.

Is this board getting taken over by bots?

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If we brought in an AM and striker who would make way? Aribo and Smallbone? Stephens? 

It might sound harsh but both of them are weak links for us at PL level IMO. So is Stephens to be fair, but his place looks solid as long as we’re going for the 3 CB approach.

Although I’m not sure I see Adarma, BBD and another striker as our starting lineup.