Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

6 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Saints v Getafe: McCarthy; Harwood-Bellis, Stephens, Bednarek; Sugawara, Smallbone, Downes, Aribo, Walker-Peters; Armstrong, Brereton Diaz

Bench: Lis, Lumley, Bree, Edwards, Wood, Taylor, Manning, Alcaraz, Dibling, Amo-Ameyaw, Edozie, Mara, Onuachu

Probably our strongest 11 and likely our starting team for next week unless kwp leaves. 

7 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Saints v Getafe: McCarthy; Harwood-Bellis, Stephens, Bednarek; Sugawara, Smallbone, Downes, Aribo, Walker-Peters; Armstrong, Brereton Diaz

Bench: Lis, Lumley, Bree, Edwards, Wood, Taylor, Manning, Alcaraz, Dibling, Amo-Ameyaw, Edozie, Mara, Onuachu

Call me Mr Negative, but... Is it me or does than bench look a lot weaker (on paper) than the benches of last season...? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Call me Mr Negative, but... Is it me or does than bench look a lot weaker (on paper) than the benches of last season...? 

It does, but it is currently without Charles, Lallana, Stewart and any of the drop outs who will be forced onto the bench by the 3/4/5 new signings that should still come in before the window ends (with the caveat that Alcaraz/Mara/Onuachu may go)

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

It is, and a starting eleven from it would probably be mid table in the championship:

Lumley

Bree  Edwards Wood Taylor

Manning Alcaraz Dibling

Amo-A   Mara/Onuachu  Edozie

18 minutes ago, SouSaint said:

Not a single minute for Lallana/Stewart this pre-season then. 

The whole Stewart fiasco is farcical. He’s clearly fucked, and the club are trying to play it down for some reason. To make the bench at the end of last season, yet not travel with the team to Spain, and then not feature in any of pre season suggests something’s happened in his recovery, or another injury.

13 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

disappointing to see no charles after he seemed to play ok last time round

Well he’s either off as part of a deal or he’s taken a knock and isn’t risked. I’m saying injured !

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

How would one do that? 

Install free VPN then select Spain as the country you want to appear to be logging from to the web then log on to Getaffe website.

When we are in USA we can log on in UK and get BBC news uk and , depending on VPN iplayer .

• Like 1

We’re still hellbent on playing triangles in our own 18 yard box and gifting chances. What a mess. We’ll ship a LOT of goals if we try that in the prem 

• Like 1