Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

It was impressive when it worked.

But lazio  sussed it out - likdd Ed every EPL team will -  and the last 15 they looked like they were confident in their press.,just a rehearsal for a whole season of watching us give goals away by fucking around the box. With this keeper. But yeah, ole stuff when it works. But FFS Alex and his giving the ball away a couple times per half  is more predictable than death and taxes …🤨

• Like 2

It's just stupid getting McCarthy to pass the ball because sooner or later he gives it to the opposition. I'm not impressed with Wood. Not good in the air, another that dithers on the ball and gives too many away. Alcaraz and Charles having a decent game but AAW finding it difficult. Mara is showing more effort but because of the rediculous 90% possession in our final third the forwards have to come deep. Edwards and Bree, Manning and Taylor ok. BBD great finish looks like an asset given the ball. 

3 minutes ago, trousers said:

Mara on the other hand... 

It's only just occurred to me that he was actually playing* in the first half as well.

* this word is doing some heavy lifting here, admittedly.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 1

Just now, Ed Rooney said:

Mara is bang up there with the worst player I have seen in a saints shirt, and I have seen Alan Bennett and Sergei Gotsmanov 

I can’t believe he’s still getting game time. Another Russ blind spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Mara is bang up there with the worst player I have seen in a saints shirt, and I have seen Alan Bennett and Sergei Gotsmanov 

Best game he’s played in ages. Not saying much I know but he’s not be rubbish. Think he’s being watched…

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

That right there is probably why Alcaraz will be off.

Has some nice turns/moments but ultimately too poor in possession. If his role is meant to be in midfield here it'll be too costly.

Poor in possession but we don’t apply that logic with the keeper…… it’s just weird

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

That right there is probably why Alcaraz will be off.

Has some nice turns/moments but ultimately too poor in possession. If his role is meant to be in midfield here it'll be too costly.

That too!

Harsh on Alcaraz that, got put in a choke hold and punched in the head. All he did was give a slight push and then attempt a rugby style turnover blocked by a scrum of our own players 🤣. And het gets set off. Done pretty well as well. I fear this wont help his chances with Martin.

Edited by Saint86

Just now, Saint86 said:

Harsh on Alcaraz that, got put in a choke hold and punched in the head. All he did was give a slight push. And het gets set off. Done pretty well as well. I fear this wont help his chances with Martin.

From the replay I just watched, it did look like Alcaraz was the aggressor. Might be wrong

• Like 1

Never actually see footballers go for it, especially not in a friendly. Fair enough. Alcaraz looked really bright tonight too, moved the ball forward a lot quicker than what we saw for a lot of last season, but that hot headedness isn't going to endear himself with the manager, unfortunately. Probably not helped him fit in with the Lazio team either, if they were interested...

Just now, 23rdSaint said:

From the replay I just watched, it did look like Alcaraz was the aggressor. Might be wrong

He definitely started it but Lazio retaliation was disproportionate 

• Like 4