Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

Good grief, as a combination that is a L1 Championship defence at best. Non existent midfield. Forward line is ok, tolerating Mara obviously, but they won't see the ball so irrelevant.

Clearly auditions for Mara, Alcaraz, and maybe Charles

This could be grim but hey ho only a friendly. Russell has the right to experiment a bit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

That’s a pretty horrible starting 11 - suspect RM will be gagging to make changes. Somehow doubt we’ll see Lallana or Stewart.

No Lallana or Stewart. No surprises there 😒 Lallana really needs to get over his "feeling".

Here's the players we'll see tonight... Apart from probably Lis

lazio teamsheet.png

Edited by Disco Stu

Every year people moan about the last midweek lineup 😂

This is very much the B team of players that are available. The 1st XI will do 90 mins on Saturday giving them a good week of recovery and preparation before NEW. These lads might get an extra behind closed-doors friendly squeezed in around this time next week.

A really good test for these guys. They haven't played with each other much at all. Obviously Lazio will also likely be putting out a weakened side, but nevertheless a difficult test for a team that lacks any chemistry.

Excited to see BBD.

• Like 1

no AL no  TP no RS and no BK or Larios. thats fruatrating. Was hoping ant least Adz would make it. No sam Edozie? 

Guess my main interest is in watching Sam Amo BBD and Charlie play and a second half Tyler cameo. 

Just now, gio1saints said:

Is that your usual spot? 

That's my son's photo. He's a season ticket holder but not sure if that's his usual spot. I usually frequent block 39 when I get chance to go.

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Saints players warming up at the Northam end this evening... 

IMG-20240807-WA0013.jpg

Quite interesting to see the Chapel Kop and where they’ve segregated from the away end. I wonder if theyll sell seats right up to the stairwell or if more often than not they’ll put netting over the narrow column of seats in the Chapel.  Cant really make out the Kingsland segregation.

Edit. I’m an idiot, that must be the netting itself. NVM.

Edited by The Kraken

9 minutes ago, trousers said:

Saints players warming up at the Northam end this evening... 

IMG-20240807-WA0013.jpg

Not easy to make out but it looks like the new away section could be entirely safe-standing. Probably not as there will still be some visitors that will want to sit and wonder where their disabled will go, maybe just at the front? 

5 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Ticket app worked fine.

Sapporo is £7:30 a pint no Guiness tonight at £5:90 . Kingfisher £6:20.

That’s the important bit 🙂

A bloke wearing pink kit near me could be Mr Blobby. 

£7.30??? Fuck that.