Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Who's the lad with the brilliant afro in the training pics? Don't recognise him. Also the fat coach. 

Sekou Mara.

The coach I think you're referring to is the club physio, Neil Simms

Edited by S-Clarke

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Sekou Mara.

The coach I think you're referring to is the club physio, Neil Simms

Cheers. His fro has gotten massive. Hopefully that'll add to his sale price. 

• Haha 2

Was at the game, hard to follow who was who with training kit on and no numbers, Muhamed in goal and Ballard probably stand out players, looked disjointed at times, proud day for the Trialist family having a few on the pitch. 

3-2 win for Saints u21s. 

Nice Q&A with our Russ pre match, he's very good in those surroundings chatting to fans, said the team sat and watched play off final again on first day back 

Bragg off on loan somewhere 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

Are we still yet to confirm a friendly at St Mary’s on the weekend before the season starts? I see someone above tossed in the name of Lazio, but I can’t find any official news.

3 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

Are we still yet to confirm a friendly at St Mary’s on the weekend before the season starts? I see someone above tossed in the name of Lazio, but I can’t find any official news.

Nothing official, but there will be a couple (midweek and weekend), should be announced this week I think 

50 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

🚨 Southampton will face Lazio in a pre-season friendly, in Rome, on August 7 #saintsfc @ESPN

I don't think that is correct unless been a late change of venue 

As long as I can remember we always play our last friendly at home on the Saturday before the season starts. 

Would be surprised if it is away.

Also, Lazio won a friendly 23-0 today.

13 minutes ago, The Cat said:

As long as I can remember we always play our last friendly at home on the Saturday before the season starts. 

Would be surprised if it is away.

Also, Lazio won a friendly 23-0 today.

Isn't the 7th August a Wednesday? 

10 hours ago, SaintBobby said:

I don't think the famed safe standing will be ready so it is delaying our next home games till 2nd game of the season 

4 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

Not sure why all pre season is away from home then????

It won't be, they haven't announced them all yet 

3 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

there is still scope to add two more games on Aug 7th and Aug 10th, so I’m sure there will be at last one home game announced 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

It pretty often is, (or has been in recent years), usually get the final pre season game or two which is at home.

Saints preseason in full...

Eastleigh v Saints
Silverlake Stadium
Friday, July 19 @ 19:00

Bordeaux v Saints
Behind closed doors
Wednesday, July 24 @ 10:00

Montpellier v Saints
Behind closed doors
Saturday, July 27 @ 10:00

Oxford United v Saints
Kassam Stadium
Wednesday, July 31 @ 19:30

Millwall v Saints
The Den
Saturday, August 3 @ 13:00

Saints v Lazio
St Mary's Stadium
Wednesday, August 7 @ 19:00

Saints v Getafe
St Mary's Stadium
Saturday, August 10 @ 14:00

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Saints preseason in full...

Eastleigh v Saints
Silverlake Stadium
Friday, July 19 @ 19:00

Bordeaux v Saints
Behind closed doors
Wednesday, July 24 @ 10:00

Montpellier v Saints
Behind closed doors
Saturday, July 27 @ 10:00

Oxford United v Saints
Kassam Stadium
Wednesday, July 31 @ 19:30

Millwall v Saints
The Den
Saturday, August 3 @ 13:00

Saints v Lazio
St Mary's Stadium
Wednesday, August 7 @ 19:00

Saints v Getafe
St Mary's Stadium
Saturday, August 10 @ 14:00

Lovely array of teams there.

40 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Lovely array of teams there.

Agreed, good mix , I used to like Lazio in the mid 90s football italia on channel 4, will go to that. Getafe not the most glamorous but handy side , hopefully cheap tickets take the kids along 

17 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Brill, I can give them a bit of abuse in romanaccio. 😉

Not sure how many of the irriducibili will travel as they had plenty of trips in the champions league last season , hopefully a few plus UK based make some atmosphere, they'll soon go quiet when they see our famous Northam Wall 

Edited by JRM

On 13/07/2024 at 16:31, egg said:

Who's the lad with the brilliant afro in the training pics? Don't recognise him. Also the fat coach. 

Forgotten where but I remember last year we were all cheering for Aribo when he was warming up until we realised it was Mara sporting the same haircut. He's a master of disguise...perhaps someone should tell him he's Pele so go out and play like him!

30 minutes ago, JRM said:

Not sure how many of the irriducibili will travel as they had plenty of trips in the champions league last season , hopefully a few plus UK based make some atmosphere, they'll soon go quiet when they see our famous Northam Wall 

“Ohhhhhhh…whennnnnnn……thhhhhheeeee………Saaaaaaaaaaaintszzzzzzzzzzzzzz………💤🥱😴

The Lazio home game will be epic, can't wait for that one.

It does feel like a proper pre-season line-up of teams, we'll get a good work out from varying styles there. Some actual thought has gone into this for a change rathe than just noddy Austrian or Germany 6th tier teams.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

The Lazio home game will be epic, can't wait for that one.

It does feel like a proper pre-season line-up of teams, we'll get a good work out from varying styles there. Some actual thought has gone into this for a change rathe than just noddy Austrian or Germany 6th tier teams.

Agreed. Should all be very competitive matches. Imagine the team might be made up of a fair few youngsters against Eastleigh? 

15 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Agreed. Should all be very competitive matches. Imagine the team might be made up of a fair few youngsters against Eastleigh? 

Eastleigh expecting a strong Saints side , think u21s are playing at Sholing the same evening , I would particularly like to see Ross Stewart play 70 mins and show what he can do, no doubt there will be loads of subs giving everyone a few mins run out 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

Eastleigh expecting a strong Saints side , think u21s are playing at Sholing the same evening , I would particularly like to see Ross Stewart play 70 mins and show what he can do, no doubt there will be loads of subs giving everyone a few mins run out 

Is this game on YouTube? 

34 minutes ago, JRM said:

Home game ticket details ,  limited blocks on sale for each match 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/southampton-vs-lazio

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/southampton-vs-getafe

Good of them to offer the option to "Purchase tickets for both our friendlies at St Mary's for extra savings", which for non-ST/members offers an incredible saving of £0 over buying individually.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mozz said:

Good of them to offer the option to "Purchase tickets for both our friendlies at St Mary's for extra savings", which for non-ST/members offers an incredible saving of £0 over buying individually.

They really make me laugh , such an amateur outfit , better get down the ground queueing early before they sell out! 

Also the incredible saving only applies if in certain blocks 

Bundle

Purchase tickets for both our friendlies at St Mary's for extra savings. This offer will only be available between blocks 5 and 10 in the Itchen Stand.

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Looks like Eastleigh game is available to buy a video pass for £5 

Screenshot_20240718-185102_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8fb443b535787144905634d7d7302ca4.jpg

Joke that they are charging us £5 to watch a pre season friendly at Eastleigh. Also charging again this season to listen to the radio coverage, which was always free in previous PL seasons. Looks like the EFL rip off stuff has come up with us.

https://x.com/southamptonfc/status/1814012453807878454?s=46&t=7raSKCMt6LV8RJ1C2d39WQ

• Like 3

15 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Joke that they are charging us £5 to watch a pre season friendly at Eastleigh. Also charging again this season to listen to the radio coverage, which was always free in previous PL seasons. Looks like the EFL rip off stuff has come up with us.

https://x.com/southamptonfc/status/1814012453807878454?s=46&t=7raSKCMt6LV8RJ1C2d39WQ

Can feel the Skintness with this one, need every penny they can find to buy that striker who's gonna bag us 17+ goals for us this season. 

6 minutes ago, V.Johnathan.Wilson said:

Can feel the Skintness with this one, need every penny they can find to buy that striker who's gonna bag us 17+ goals for us this season. 

If we do find a new striker that scores us 17+ goals, then I’ll easily get over them ripping us off. 

Just about to get on me bike and trundle over to the Silverlake….Hoping to see Suki, The return of Adz, new defence of Edwards, Taylor and Wood, Larios (if he’s allowed out that late ) but most of all hoping for a decent shift ( at least a half) from RS - which would reassure me greatly. 
Anyone have ideas on what refreshments are available on site? 😎

Edited by gio1saints

20 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Though it's a cheek to charge for the audio commentary, why WOULDN'T they charge for the video stream??