Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Nice free-kick.

McCarthy looked like an arthritic old man trying to jump. I think we've got so used to having bad goalkeepers that we forget how many shots like this good goalkeepers can save.

2 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

McCarthy looked like an arthritic old man trying to jump. I think we've got so used to having bad goalkeepers that we forget how many shots like this good goalkeepers can save.

Harsh credit to player was good free kick

• Like 1

Another set of subs on

Saints team - 63 mins: McCarthy; Bree, Harwood-Bellis, Wood, Manning; Alcaraz, Charles, O'Brien-Whitmash; Amo-Ameyaw, Mara, Robinson

Edited by CSA96

14 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

We need someone younger and more athletic 😉

Shit penalty. 
We’ve essentially missed two penalties in one match. Really badly missed  as well. Like pathetic side foot shots trundling to the goal line at 3mph a foot away from the gk missed penalties. Fuck what is it with these penalties? Remember Charlie’s crap one as well? At least AA hits them properly. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Sekou Mara with one of the worst penalties I have ever seen

3 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Mara. FFS.

Useless cunt.

Get rid. Trouble is on this form there will be no takers. Not sure SR will use Goztepe as a modern form of transportation for our crap players. 

• Like 2

People that say that we should be loaning out Dibling and SAA. Not a chance - they are both better than Sulemena and have shown more end product so far than Edozie when given the chance.

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

Get rid of Mara and Sulemana, both stealing a fucking living. 

Sulemana does offer us some pace, if and when he can be bothered. 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sulemana does offer us some pace, if and when he can be bothered. 

But he never does anything with it, so it's redundant. Its like he's too fast for his own brain to keep up.

• Like 4

Good team display with some promising individual performances (notably Dibling). Passing looking sharper. Mostly just reinforced what we all already know. Sulemana is useless. Mara is useless. Goalkeeping options aren't good enough.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Good display all in all. Some promising individual performances. Mostly just reinforced what we all already know. Sulemana is useless. Mara is useless. Goalkeeping options aren't good enough.

Agreed. I think our new defenders all have good potential. 

Love watching Dibling and Sam Amo play too

Edited by Patches O Houlihan
  • Like 6

Dibling looks to have a bit of a physical presence about him this year, which helps backup his high level of technical ability. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the proper pre-season games. Sam Amo ditto.

I think we all know it's time to give up on Mara, it was last year to be fair. But scarily he is our only number 9 option as it stands (I discount Stewart entirely). I have nightmares of watching him try to play football in the PL again. I had enough nightmares watching him try to play football in the Championship!

He does look non-plused and half arsed on the pitch, but his style is like that - he's got quite a laid back demeanour, the problem with him is that he doesn't have any level of footballing ability to backup that demeanour, so his laid back approach just pisses people off even more.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Agreed. I think our new defenders all have good potential. 

Love watching Dibling and Sam Amo play too

Absolutely this.

Sugawara is class and his set piece delivery is superb, for THB header in particular 🙂

Dibling and Sam Amo are so exciting to watch 🙂 lovely finish from Tyler from a delightful pass over the top from Ronnie Edwards 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Dibling looks to have a bit of a physical presence about him this year, which helps backup his high level of technical ability. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the proper pre-season games. Sam Amo ditto.

I think we all know it's time to give up on Mara, it was last year to be fair. But scarily he is our only number 9 option as it stands (I discount Stewart entirely). I have nightmares of watching him try to play football in the PL again. I had enough nightmares watching him try to play football in the Championship!

He does look non-plused and half arsed on the pitch, but his style is like that - he's got quite a laid back demeanour, the problem with him is that he doesn't have any level of footballing ability to backup that demeanour, so his laid back approach just pisses people off even more.

I think pre season so far has just re-enforced what most of us already know. We badly need a striker and a goalkeeper.

CM looks relatively strong although we still need another and our CB's have been impressive so far. 

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He looks like he’s going to be some player. people seem to be more excited about SAA at the moment and you can see why but Tyler seems to have that bit of class and swagger about him the top players have. 

What Mara is meant to bring to a professional football team, let alone a Premier League side, I will literally never know. 

He's been given way too many chances for his ability, and every time he is given yet another chance he just jogs around like he doesn't realise there's a football match going on that he's meant to be contributing to. 

Even when someone else wins a penalty and one of the proper players lets him take it, presumably out of sympathy because they feel sorry for him, he can't even be fucked to take a proper run-up, or think about placing it or striking it properly. Nah, I'll just walk up to it and casually side-foot it to the keeper then just turn around like I don't give a fuck. 

It's like he's got a bet on to see how shit he can get away with being. I regularly watch Wingate and Finchley in the Isthmian Premier and I see players at that level week in and week out that would bring way more to the team than he ever has, just because they look like they might actually care about trying to help the team. 

I can handle players being crap but I can't forgive players who don't try. 

What's wrong with him? And what's wrong with us that we keep giving him chances? 

I just don't get it. 

Edited by Midfield_General
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

What Mara is meant to bring to a professional football team, let alone a Premier League side, I will literally never know. 

He's been given way too many chances for his ability, and every time he is given yet another chance he just jogs around like he doesn't realise there's a football match going on that he's meant to be contributing to. 

Even when someone else wins a penalty and one of the proper players lets him take it, presumably out of sympathy because they feel sorry for him, he can't even be fucked to take a proper run-up, or think about placing it or striking it properly. Nah, I'll just walk up to it and casually side-foot it to the keeper then just turn around like I don't give a fuck. 

It's like he's got a bet on to see how shit he can get away with being. I regularly watch Wingate and Finchley in the Isthmian Premier and I see players at that level week in and week out that would bring way more to the team than he ever has. 

I can handle players being crap but I can't forgive players who don't try. 

What's wrong with him? And what's wrong with us that we keep giving him chances? 

I just don't get it. 

You could easily be talking about Sulemena as well. Both absolute wasters. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Good team display with some promising individual performances (notably Dibling). Passing looking sharper. Mostly just reinforced what we all already know. Sulemana is useless. Mara is useless. Goalkeeping options aren't good enough.

I'm seeing a theme here, maybe i should take back saying we should exploit the french market more, maybe they have been exploiting us !

48 minutes ago, Themotherfunky said:

I'll never understand the lackadaisical approach from Mara. Strolling around like he's bloody Romario or something.

Read that as (Cesar)  Romero , best known for this character: 

54002D36-F40E-44B7-8730-94575F5A0A6B.jpeg.11e33064da0b33246b862b13805fb514.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

You could easily be talking about Sulemena as well. Both absolute wasters. 

They both carry themselves so lackadaisically it drives me mad. Strolling about and contributing nothing.

• Like 2