Pre Season Friendlies 2024/25

So who do you reckon we're going for this year?

3 way tournament between us, Goztepe and Valenciennes if Sport Republic still own us, but who else do you think we'll be playing?

Pre-season camp in Serbia?

Which top European team will we have at home this year? Tbf, I'd like Athletico Bilbao due to the connection.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m sure I read something the other day that Montpellier are having a training camp in Catalonia and are playing Saints at the end of that (was unclear if it would be in England or Catalonia) 

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Master Bates said:

So who do you reckon we're going for this year?

3 way tournament between us, Goztepe and Valenciennes if Sport Republic still own us, but who else do you think we'll be playing?

Pre-season camp in Serbia?

Which top European team will we have at home this year? Tbf, I'd like Athletico Bilbao due to the connection.

The pre-season tournament between the 3 teams will not take place this summer. Phil Parsons, your CEO, has told me that this is not possible because of the start dates of the championship.

• Like 1

Just now, ChristopheVAFC said:

The pre-season tournament between the 3 teams will not take place this summer. Phil Parsons, your CEO, has told me that this is not possible because of the start dates of the championship.

He’s confident we’re getting promoted then.. 🤦

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2024 at 17:24, Master Bates said:

Anymore news?

Is the Sport Republic tournament still cancelled?

Hello !

I haven't had any further news about the tournament, but I have received information from your CEO, Mister Phil Parsons, dated 8 May 2024:

"Hi Christophe, unfortunately due to the league starting dates we have had to cancel the evening. I hope it will happen the following summer.

I hope you are well.
Phil "

I don't think the decision will be changed.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Hello !

I haven't had any further news about the tournament, but I have received information from your CEO, Mister Phil Parsons, dated 8 May 2024:

"Hi Christophe, unfortunately due to the league starting dates we have had to cancel the evening. I hope it will happen the following summer.

I hope you are well.
Phil "

I don't think the decision will be changed.

Have a nice day.

That cuts deep bro.

11 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

We are the only PL club not to have announced any friendlies yet according to this...https://www.premierleague.com/news/3916186

Seems odd that there's not been a sniff of anything much yet. 

I guess we were also the last to know what league we would be in.

Though would have thought we’d have training camp destination locked in.

2 hours ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

We are the only PL club not to have announced any friendlies yet according to this...https://www.premierleague.com/news/3916186

It's the same as when Nathan fucking Jones took over during the winter break. Just like then, we don't need any training or preseason matches, just give the players a nice long holiday and it'll be fine. Relax.

On 19/05/2024 at 14:12, CSA96 said:

I’m sure I read something the other day that Montpellier are having a training camp in Catalonia and are playing Saints at the end of that (was unclear if it would be in England or Catalonia) 

Maybe a 3 way with Espanyol then.

On 25/06/2024 at 13:26, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Think i'd rather that than have some of the horrible fixtures amongst that list. Seems a lot of pre-season for some teams is about getting as much revenue from tourist trap games. Spurs play Bayern twice in one week, once in South Korea and once in London. 

Not sure what help it will be for Palace, Wolves and West Ham to play a mini tournament in America either

45 minutes ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Think i'd rather that than have some of the horrible fixtures amongst that list. Seems a lot of pre-season for some teams is about getting as much revenue from tourist trap games. Spurs play Bayern twice in one week, once in South Korea and once in London. 

Not sure what help it will be for Palace, Wolves and West Ham to play a mini tournament in America either

Oh for sure, the majority of the Friendly tours are for revenue (advertising, fans, sponsors etc) - zilch to do with fitness. It was the same with the stupid friendly Newcastle and Spurs had, against each other, in Australia, a week after the season ended. Make that make sense.

4 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Wednesday, July 24: Bordeaux v Saints
Saturday, July 27: Montpellier v Saints

Bordeaux and Montpellier games to be played behind closed doors during a week-long training camp in Spain.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/saints-start-pre-season-against-spitfires-before-trip-to-spain

Could this be a three way contest ?

Perhaps it’s the Mara Trophy, and the team finishing bottom has him - and pays his wages - for the season ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Could this be a three way contest ?

Perhaps it’s the Mara Trophy, and the team finishing bottom has him - and pays his wages - for the season ahead. 

This is a super formal suggestion. Knowing saints we’d finish bottom on goal difference, give him a two year extension and a testimonial. 

5 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Friday, July 19: Eastleigh v Saints
Wednesday, July 24: Bordeaux v Saints
Saturday, July 27: Montpellier v Saints

Bordeaux and Montpellier games to be played behind closed doors during a week-long training camp in Spain.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/saints-start-pre-season-against-spitfires-before-trip-to-spain

Thanks , have booked up on the Saints Travel club for Eastleigh away, bet the club give priority to season ticket holders with 10 away games 

34 minutes ago, JRM said:

Thanks , have booked up on the Saints Travel club for Eastleigh away, bet the club give priority to season ticket holders with 10 away games 

I can't make that date so you can have my priority ticket. 😁😁

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Hope they pick up at Chievely  for us ‘out of towners’. 

• Haha 1

On 27/06/2024 at 16:59, JRM said:

You joke, but...

image.thumb.png.53a527cf253d4cd1578b41784f54057a.png

:lol:

As an Eastleigh ST holder, I'll be cheering on the spitfires for this game from block 5.

Obviously, pretty much all Eastleigh supporters are saints supporters too, so should be a nice friendly game :)

22 minutes ago, Plastic said:

As an Eastleigh ST holder, I'll be cheering on the spitfires for this game from block 5.

Obviously, pretty much all Eastleigh supporters are saints supporters too, so should be a nice friendly game :)

I'll be the judge of that

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Agree that Millwall away is not an issue in itself, but wonder if they realised that Pompey are playing Charlton at The Valley on the same day…

ahhh..... 

Seems that no one at The Met Police did their homework.... 

1 hour ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Agree that Millwall away is not an issue in itself, but wonder if they realised that Pompey are playing Charlton at The Valley on the same day…

Oops!...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Sounds like a set up , disappointed they won't get to police a Saints- Pompey derby next season to boost the arrest numbers they've arranged for both sets of fans to spend the day in South East London pubs instead 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Given Saints have history with all 3 clubs then I agree with @JRM sounds like an easy way to boost arrest numbers

23 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

23 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

Yes Eastleigh are almost all Saints fans. I used to watch them when only 500 in ground and had a Eastleigh season while watching Saints as was very cheap and kids free. Apart from the anti Saints 50 odd it's almost a home and away Saints crowd.  I'll be in Saints standing COYR.

21 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Got my ticket and really looking forwards to seeing especially whoever RM plays up front ( hoping for RS - With RF andAA all at same time 😃

I ordered my Eastleigh tickets yesterday, but don't have any option to print/download them and nothing has come via email other than the confirmation, I assume the club will be emailing them out? Does anyone know?

On 06/07/2024 at 14:30, DizzyRum said:

I ordered my Eastleigh tickets yesterday, but don't have any option to print/download them and nothing has come via email other than the confirmation, I assume the club will be emailing them out? Does anyone know?

I bought mine last week, got emailed to me today 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Good friendly that, just over an hour up the road, a ground quite a few will want to tick off and championship opposition good standard for preparation,  we'll take loads if they give us enough tickets 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

Good friendly that, just over an hour up the road, a ground quite a few will want to tick off and championship opposition good standard for preparation,  we'll take loads if they give us enough tickets 

Alfie House on TSP seemed to suggest we’re going to be primarily based in UK for friendlies.