Best places to park for Wembley?

whelk

Almost certainly will be going up by train but any tips in case change mind and drive - so parking and hopping on train? Done it once before but can’t remember where we parked but was handy.

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Almost certainly will be going up by train but any tips in case change mind and drive - so parking and hopping on train? Done it once before but can’t remember where we parked but was handy.

Green Man has parking 

Posted (edited)

Gerrard's Cross is a fantastic pick to the north of Wembley.

Big car park at the station and only a 15 minute Chiltern train direct to Wembley Stadium station. 

That's what I did for the JPT.

Edited by ant
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ant said:

Big car park at the stadium and only a 15 minute Chiltern train direct to Wembley Stadium station. 

Any whisper or threat of the bastard trains being on strike ? 

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Any whisper or threat of the bastard trains being on strike ? 

They would have to have announced it by now. So no.

There are engineering works affecting the early trains up to about 0755 which will mean a nice long bus trip from Eastleigh to Basingstoke or a change at Fratton.

20 minutes ago, ant said:

Big car park at the station and only a 15 minute Chiltern train direct to Wembley Stadium station. 

There's another car park 5 minutes up the road where it's £1.60 all day as opposed to £8.00 at the station.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Badger said:

Wealdstone FC opened up their facilities for the League Cup (in old money) and SF match.

Wonder if that will be available again. 

Wealdstone said they would be doing this the other day, just asked people to be patient and let them get this weekend’s games out the way and they’ll confirm plans early next week 

For the Chelsea FA Cup semi final I parked at Denham Station and took the train into Wembley, quite a large car park. I’m planning on taking the train from New Milton but my last few ‘attempted’ train journeys have been disastrous for one reason or another. Like whelk I need a backup plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ant said:

2 trains an hour on Sundays

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Wealdstone FC opened up their facilities for the League Cup (in old money) and SF match.

Yes. We used it last time, they sent me this 

Hi congratulations on getting to the playoff final I’ve had lots of calls if we will be having Southampton fans at our club for the final the answer is YES.We hope to have a link up tomorrow night for your fans to book in.Please be patient as we have a busy day with Bolton fans tomorrow during the day.Please do spread the word to others if you know they might like to use our facilities cheers James Wealdstone Fc
Ps if you know people running coaches or minibuses from anywhere for your club please let them know.🙏

Hi just to update you a link will be up around midday tomorrow for people to book in their car minibuses or coaches if they wish to use our facilities Sunday week for the play off final.As per yesterday's message please keep spreading the word regards are place that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers James

4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

When they say “tomorrow “ that’s today, as the texts came Friday & Sat 

The raider was there last time, so if you want sum he’ll give it to you. 

Get a spare ticket for him in our end for the day , if needed could come in handy let him loose on any Leeds who might be in the wrong end 

8 hours ago, waylander said:

2 trains an hour on Sundays

If that's being presented as a barrier to entry, I'd be impressed to hear a better option. 

Denham (mentioned above) is on the exact same line, so pending where people are coming from it may be easier.

I just preferred Gerrard's Cross when I last travelled as it seemed a bit less faffy than getting into Denham.

When I go to Wembley (mainly for gigs as Saints aren't exactly regular visitors to the place!) I park at Hillingdon (or Ickenham if there is space) and get the Met in from there. Funnily enough when we were in the JPT I went with a mate who had a blue disabled badge so we parked right near the stadium after passing swathes of happy Saints fans in pubs.

9 hours ago, ant said:

If that's being presented as a barrier to entry, I'd be impressed to hear a better option. 

Denham (mentioned above) is on the exact same line, so pending where people are coming from it may be easier.

I just preferred Gerrard's Cross when I last travelled as it seemed a bit less faffy than getting into Denham.

Nope. Just for general information. The trains into Wembley at 11 minutes past (fast train) and 20 minutes past. Return trains are on the hour and 20 past.

Might well use this option myself.

The other week when a group of us from Portsmouth way went up to watch the women's cup final we went up the A3 to Morden and on a Sunday parked from free there

and then got the tube. It worked well for us.

There's a myriad of possibilities, but this time I'd like to avoid driving and have a pint or two as a pre-med. Does anybody have any suggestions as where to break a tube journey for a decent pint? Around Wembley itself does not attract!

12 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

The other week when a group of us from Portsmouth way went up to watch the women's cup final we went up the A3 to Morden and on a Sunday parked from free there

and then got the tube. It worked well for us.

There's a myriad of possibilities, but this time I'd like to avoid driving and have a pint or two as a pre-med. Does anybody have any suggestions as where to break a tube journey for a decent pint? Around Wembley itself does not attract!

I've bought a ticket from Airport to Wembley Stadium itself, but there's changes at Waterloo and Marylebone so I'll likely break the journey at one or t'other.

Plenty of good options on the South Bank so may start there, crawl up through Covent Garden/Soho and pick the journey back up at Marylebone.

Considered doing the Bermondsey Beer Mile as that's easy to get to from Waterloo (and links well with Wembley via the Jubilee line), but things won't be open early enough to take advantage before the match.

• Like 1

I've used the 'Just Park' thing in the past, where you can rent someone's space at their home. I found one local to Richmond tube station a couple of years back so I avoided ULEZ, that was a doddle to get in and out - straight off the m3 into Richmond, then straight back on again at the end of the day.

I have heard some horror stories of parking in public car parks on the outskirts which is why I went for someones drive, someone I know had their cat ripped off whilst they were enjoying a day in London. Sometimes I think it's easier to train in to Waterloo for things like this though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2017 I parked basically outside of Wembley. Came down from Carlisle, parked, went to the match, left, back in the car drove home! 😂 

if you are driving this is 2 minutes from the stadium and use this. It is £40 plus £2.50 booking, but the others can be much higher than this and further away. 

pink parking - 

https://www.wembleyofficialparking.com/wembleypark

IMG_3940.jpeg

Edited by Dr Who?
  • Like 2

On 19/05/2024 at 13:24, Badger said:

It is and we`ve booked it

1 hour ago, Dr Who? said:

2017 I parked basically outside of Wembley. Came down from Carlisle, parked, went to the match, left, back in the car drove home! 😂 

if you are driving this is 2 minutes from the stadium and use this. It is £40 plus £2.50 booking, but the others can be much higher than this and further away. 

pink parking - 

https://www.wembleyofficialparking.com/wembleypark

IMG_3940.jpeg

Thanks for this - just booked in. Only issue was there are no EV parking spaces left, so will likely need to factor in a re-charge stop on the way through or on the way home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I've used the 'Just Park' thing in the past, where you can rent someone's space at their home. I found one local to Richmond tube station a couple of years back so I avoided ULEZ, that was a doddle to get in and out - straight off the m3 into Richmond, then straight back on again at the end of the day.

I have heard some horror stories of parking in public car parks on the outskirts which is why I went for someones drive, someone I know had their cat ripped off whilst they were enjoying a day in London. Sometimes I think it's easier to train in to Waterloo for things like this though.

Richmond is in the ULEZ zone now.

There's loads of places to park for free at weekends in nice places of West London where there's no worries about the car. I do it all the time, in fact did it this weekend for an overnight stay.

One word of caution for anyone driving up is the top section of the M3, pretty much from Fleet onwards is 50mph because of roadworks and it was pretty slow on Saturday. May be worse next weekend with a load of Saints fans heading up.

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

There's loads of places to park for free at weekends in nice places of West London where there's no worries about the car. I do it all the time, in fact did it this weekend for an overnight stay.

One word of caution for anyone driving up is the top section of the M3, pretty much from Fleet onwards is 50mph because of roadworks and it was pretty slow on Saturday. May be worse next weekend with a load of Saints fans heading up.

I'm in fleet and M3 traffic is crap again with the Fxxx up that is smart motorways. One word of caution about Richmond is that there are possibly no trains or tubes on that stretch over the BH weekend..I was going to do that as easy to get to and avoids Waterloo and the trains up from Southampton being rammed! I work in Slough so am thinking of going via Elizabeth line now..... Or getting a lift to Uxbridge and in from there...

12 minutes ago, Ex Ringwood Saint said:

I'm in fleet and M3 traffic is crap again with the Fxxx up that is smart motorways. One word of caution about Richmond is that there are possibly no trains or tubes on that stretch over the BH weekend..I was going to do that as easy to get to and avoids Waterloo and the trains up from Southampton being rammed! I work in Slough so am thinking of going via Elizabeth line now..... Or getting a lift to Uxbridge and in from there...

Oh shit, yeah that's annoying.

Screenshot_2024-05-20-19-07-47-60_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

7 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

I am avoiding the Tube after the fiasco after the Chelsea semi final a few years back - i am parking on somebody's drive & walking 20 mins to the stadium

Fiasco? Please elaborate so that I can make an informed decision.

17 hours ago, The Cat said:

ULEZ isn't as bad as many think.

Petrol cars from 2006 onwards are OK (even some from 2001) and diesel from 2015.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

ULEZ isn't as bad as many think.

Petrol cars from 2006 onwards are OK (even some from 2001) and diesel from 2015.

Well bully for them but I’m not going to buy a new car just to fulfil some idealistic claptrap.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Had a nitemare with JustPark few weeks ago went to see Bruce in Cardiff. The app said it was 1.6miles away so I thought fair enough that was the nearest parking I could find.  Except that was as the crow flies across an effing river and I was parked in the dodgiest council estate that made fratton look salubrious. The driveway owner looked like a cross between a heroin dealer and a scabby pro plus Getting back late at night in the dark expecting to be mugged any second was not a nice thought although that did not dampen the euphoria of the brilliant Bruce doing his stuff once again. And the stadium under cover is a fantastic music venue btw. But getting back was awful. Booked a hotel in Bristol tired and needing to wash at 00.40 and they said the boilers broken no hot water. Got the room and Brek free though so guess not all bad. Even the cold shower was alright. 

Edited by gio1saints
  • Sad 1

On 20/05/2024 at 09:44, beatlesaint said:

Gonna park West London way then tube up to Wembley. I cant face the battle with that bloody North Circular 🤣 

Snap!

Booked someone's drive in Hillingdon  for £5, 6 minutes from station, 22 mins to Wembley Park for £4.

• Like 1

Just a reminder about the Saints fanzone at Wealdstone FC who are based in Ruislip. Currently, we have about 650 Saints fans booked in. We are a 5 minute walk from Ruislip station and then you hop on the train to Wembley Park. The Social Club will be open both before and after the match and there will be a barbecue with the usual burgers, hot dogs etc.

Please book online at www.wfcsc.co.uk

Cars, minibuses, coaches all welcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wobs said:

Just a reminder about the Saints fanzone at Wealdstone FC who are based in Ruislip. Currently, we have about 650 Saints fans booked in. We are a 5 minute walk from Ruislip station and then you hop on the train to Wembley Park. The Social Club will be open both before and after the match and there will be a barbecue with the usual burgers, hot dogs etc.

Please book online at www.wfcsc.co.uk

Cars, minibuses, coaches all welcome.

I've booked. Looking forward to it.