Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

26 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

I’m going with the official Saints travel coaches. Not done that since I joined something to do with Saints away support away travel back in the mid eighties. 
Anyone know if the coach quality has changed since then? Ie do they have usb sockets, wc facilities tv screens etc ? Or is it just the same old coaches ? 

Why on earth would you (or anyone) do that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm in Nottingham and every football fan I've spoken to this week have stated they'll be rooting for Saints. Not much love for Leeds with Derby, Forest, Leicester or County fans here.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

......or is Che back? or is Stewart back? I sincerely hope so, but lets be honest, anyone can show them kicking a football in training gear and say what they want in a presser to confuse the opposition. The guy I think we have missed more that anyone is Stuey Armstrong. It felt like he was getting back to his best. Has there been any mention of him?

Russ specifically mentioned Stu, Baz and Larios as the only unavailable players. Agree Stu is a big miss but the balance of downes, Aribo and Smallbone has been getting better with every game.

Edited by goodymatt
  • Like 6

Just now, goodymatt said:

Russ specifically mentioned Stu, Baz and Larios as the only unavailable players. Agree Stu is a big miss but the balance of downes, Aruba and small one has been getting better with every game.

what's wrong with Larios now?!

Just now, Turkish said:

what's wrong with Larios now?!

He’s training but the last update Russ gave on him was he wouldn't be involved with match day stuff until next season. Think they see no point in risking him this season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Only part of the team that worrys me is the left back position. Manning against Gnonto scares me to say the least. They'll get a lot of joy that side. If we're playing Manning for his attacking threat, I'd rather put Ryan Fraser there as he'll have a greater impact on our forward play. He's been utilised as a full back at both Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Edited by Disco Stu

Posted (edited)

Henrik Kraft has confirmed in an interview with the Daily Echo that Russell Martin will continue as Saints manager next season, regardless of which division we find ourselves in after Sunday's final at Wembley. Not sure anyone really thought otherwise, but interesting to hear it from the chairman.

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Henrik Kraft has confirmed in an interview with the Daily Echo that Russell Martin will continue as Saints manager next season, regardless of which division we find ourselves in after Sunday's final at Wembley. Not sure anyone really thought otherwise, but interesting to hear it from the chairman.

Surely Martin gets a say on that too? 

29 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Yes, I don't think Kraft was suggesting imprisoning him

It's more if the actual quote is that he will continue as manager that seems quite certain given that it's not entirely his decision. 

3 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Our super fan Rishi confirmed as being there on Sunday  :facepalm:

It was never in doubt, it’s a photo opportunity. He only does photo opportunities. No work, just media. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Keep him away from the team. Hang around with losers and you turn into a loser.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Rumour has it Kier Starmer has now confirmed he's a Fratton Park regular since Rishi has nailed his colour's to our mast.🙄

The Met have released this image of the current leader of the Leeds Service Crew so Saints fans can be extra vigilant on Sunday.  Hard to spot amongst the 120,000 Leeds contingent (and 20,000,000 floating fans), but advice is not to approach unless wearing earplugs:

Does anyone know the background to this infamous triggered feminist meme?  Can't find it on knowyourmeme : r/memes

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

I was hoping for Poch or Potter , or Wayne Rooney as player manager 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 64saint said:

Rumour has it Kier Starmer has now confirmed he's a Fratton Park regular since Rishi has nailed his colour's to our mast.🙄

Does he alternate with home matches at The Arsenal? Perhaps you are confusing Starmer with Captain Mordaunt.

3 hours ago, coalman said:

Keep him away from the team. Hang around with losers and you turn into a loser.

I heard he was bringing Paula Vennells with him. Means he won't be the least popular person in the ground. 

1 minute ago, jemanson said:

I heard he was bringing Paula Vennells with him. Means he won't be the least popular person in the ground. 

No, he'll still be least popular

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gio1saints said:

I’m going with the official Saints travel coaches. Not done that since I joined something to do with Saints away support away travel back in the mid eighties. 
Anyone know if the coach quality has changed since then? Ie do they have usb sockets, wc facilities tv screens etc ? Or is it just the same old coaches ? 

Coaches have come a long way since the 80's, wc and USBs are pretty much standard (if they work). Good chance the driver/s will be skates though...

17 minutes ago, Huffton said:

Coaches have come a long way since the 80's, wc and USBs are pretty much standard (if they work). Good chance the driver/s will be skates though...

Thank you

5 hours ago, warsash saint said:

Reckon we can give him the old ‘Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio’ chant?

11 minutes ago, kwsaint said:

Reckon we can give him the old ‘Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio’ chant?

Yeah let’s focus on slating a fellow Saints fan. Stick your politics on Sunday. Not a time to dig out a born and bred Saints fan, whatever you think of him. 

• Like 20
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, miltonroad said:

Yeah let’s focus on slating a fellow Saints fan. Stick your politics on Sunday. Not a time to dig out a born and bred Saints fan, whatever you think of him. 

Relax, it'll be character building for him. 

5 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Perhaps you are confusing Starmer with Captain Mordaunt.

Captain Mordaunt who was very relaxed about Portsmouth's bankruptcies, owing £130 million and £32m to HMRC?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, miltonroad said:

Gotcha. I’ll stick to what some of our fans seem to have been doing this season and slate the players instead.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Thanks to Rishi it now looks like it is going to fucking piss it down tomorrow.

What's our record like in the rain?

Given how much we water the pitch at St. Mary's before games, a slick pitch should suit us. Also, it will still be 18 degrees so I'm sure both teams will be grateful for a bit of rain.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Don't the media love Leeds!? How about " Last Summer Saints were falling apart (again). Here's the inside story of how Martin turned it around."

20240525_090123.jpg

Far better on the day to be seen as the underdogs, now the whole country will be rooting for us. Only downside is the asociation with Sunak which might cost us a few votes.

• Haha 1

If anyone is planning to drive into London on thr A3 to catch train/tube to Wembley, beware ....major hold ups at the Tolworth junction.  Hour + delays yesterday evening. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic