Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

34 minutes ago, Graffito said:

The Harp’s a good pub. Hop Head amongst others. But take a look at opening times. Sunday opening tends to be 12 noon. If, like Sue (and me) you are coming into Victoria station, there are two Wetherspoons which open early. There’s one on Victoria station concourse and another just outside the station on Wilton Rd. It’s Wetherspoons but they’re both ok. 

Yeah, I'm prepped for that. Going into Waterloo so I'll get breakfast/brunch and then be in the pubs from midday.

24 minutes ago, Graffito said:

The Harp’s a good pub. Hop Head amongst others. But take a look at opening times. Sunday opening tends to be 12 noon. If, like Sue (and me) you are coming into Victoria station, there are two Wetherspoons which open early. There’s one on Victoria station concourse and another just outside the station on Wilton Rd. It’s Wetherspoons but they’re both ok. 

Yes, I was going to comment on the 12 o'clock opening having done a little more research. Being a cheapskate and retired I'm not adverse to the odd 'Spoons pint. I'm sure we won't be the only Saints fans going via Victoria! I think my train gets in at around 11.30 and is one of the quicker ones, some seem to be 20 minutes slower.

I need to sort out some red and white ribbon for my crutch!

4 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Elland Road and St Mary's are exactly the same at 105 x 68 metres. Wembley is 105 x 69. Only a lick of paint in it.

Interesting I'd also heard commentators go on about the pitch size so assumed it was bigger, anyway those northern melts will still be getting a spanking, until the team is revealed of course, then we are fucked until the sexy nuns come out.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, JustinR said:

Having visions of Leeds scoring, camera panning to Rishi whilst the Leeds fans sing... things can only get better

Or Saints win: "You're going out with the Rishi, you're going out with the Rishi"

1 hour ago, JustinR said:

Having visions of Leeds scoring, camera panning to Rishi whilst the Leeds fans sing... things can only get better

Surely he won't be in attendance, given the timeline he's set himself?

Posted (edited)

FWIW the bookies have Leeds as quite strong favourites, 

As ever, some terrible prices on offer. I like Edozie, but with Adam Armstrong at 6/1 first scorer, 11/1 Edozie looks  poor value., with Kamaldeen the same price !! Smallbone at 16/1 looks worth considering though.Stephens  at 66/1 looks value,

.Mara is 8/1 .No, really.

anyway, I won’t be jinxing any of our brave lads.

No sign of my ticket yet ……

Edited by Teamsaint1

1 minute ago, ant said:

Surely he won't be in attendance, given the timeline he's set himself?

“Eat a bacon sandwich at the football Rishi, will land really well and show you as a man of the people…….with a fucking plan”

1 minute ago, Teamsaint1 said:

FWIW the bookies have Leeds as quite strong favourites

5/4 Leeds v 21/10 saints is not very strong really esp as 80% of the crowd will be Leeds fans.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

We comfortably beat them on our turf when we were in terrible form. 
We comfortably beat them on their turf when we had nothing to play for. 
We will beat them at Wembley. 

Edited by notnowcato

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Romsey Stu got them biting 🤣🤣

The responses really show how insecure they are, desperate for recognition to boost their egos 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JustinR said:

I imagine Sunak will join the SFC board after the election, that will ensure five more years of chaos at SMS.

This will be a rugged match and not that attractive to watch, too much at stake and too few of our players will be able to rise to the occasion. These are not circumstances that suit our style at all and if we go one down early on the chances are we will not be able to respond.

Sadly, I think we will lose out by the odd goal. 1-0 to Leeds.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

30 minutes ago, JRM said:

The responses really show how insecure they are, desperate for recognition to boost their egos 

Some of the comments are golden, had to crack a laugh by the time i got down to these, the guy was playing them like a fiddle.

image.png.2ec8374bacb85a6847c211efbc253601.png

😂😄

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, DT said:

Still no ticket arrival via post. If anyone at the club is reading this, please pull your finger out

interesting how those who believe in the CoT have received their tickets, some of those who question it haven't. Coincidence?

• Like 2

Just now, Saint86 said:

Some of the comments are golden, had to crack a laugh by the time i got down to these, the guy was playing them like a fiddle.

image.png.2ec8374bacb85a6847c211efbc253601.png

😂😄

I was cracking up this morning, one of the football groups has also posted it on Instagram, some hilarious responses on there too

• Like 2

Good old Grauniad newspaper, just given me a fright after I'd just bought my rail ticket (£21 - not bad)...

The main orders of business will be conducted at Wembley Stadium over the weekend, starting with tomorrow’s FA Cup final between Manchester United and Manchester City, followed by Monday’s playoff decider, in which Southampton and Leeds United go toe-to-toe.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DT said:

Still no ticket arrival via post. If anyone at the club is reading this, please pull your finger out

I ordered mine on Monday and it arrived yesterday afternoon. You've still got a another 2days, will be fine i reckon!

Edited by Saint86

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Are you ITK?

Not as much as I used to be back in the day. Though I've just seen that the club released a training picture of Che anyway! Huge news that he is back!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Che also posted on Instagram, looks like he’s in full training:

Image-1.thumb.jpeg.1bdcea85d547b20f77acb2f72c238e6a.jpeg

Press conference is at 1:30pm so hopefully Russell confirms he’s all good to go, although he does like to keep his cards close to his chest. Surely he wouldn’t post this if he wasn’t fit and ready to go?

Wonder if we will find out about Ross Stewart too in the presser, not seen him in any of the pics or vids on socials. He needs to read the script, he’s supposed to score the winning goal on Sunday to make his transfer make sense!

Edited by goodymatt
Typo
  • Like 2

Love fans of clubs accusing the other fanbase of being arrogant. 

Leeds lost to us twice during blips? They seem to have overlooked the fact that both times we beat them we were on shit form too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Love fans of clubs accusing the other fanbase of being arrogant. 

Leeds lost to us twice during blips? They seem to have overlooked the fact that both times we beat them we were on shit form too.

Especially given all the crap they've come out with this week about them being the club everyone wants back in the premier league., they sold out our end for us, their support is better, better team etc. The very definition of arrogance. It only seems to be online though (as it usual is) most Leeds fans i speak to are quite normal and have similar sort of view as us, very tight game and not much between the teams. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Romsey Stu got them biting 🤣🤣

Crikey I never realised that was him. He’s done well for himself!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Especially given all the crap they've come out with this week about them being the club everyone wants back in the premier league., they sold out our end for us, their support is better, better team etc. The very definition of arrogance. It only seems to be online though (as it usual is) most Leeds fans i speak to are quite normal and have similar sort of view as us, very tight game and not much between the teams. 

Yep, I don’t really do much social media. The Leeds fans I know in person are good lads and taking absolutely nothing for granted

Edited by whelk

3 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Crikey I never realised that was him. He’s done well for himself!

He has, fair play to him. Runs a successful business now where he seems to be the Louis Walsh of the youtube world. Come along way for the fat lad in worn our Fred Perry trainers who got sacked from his job, kicked out by his bird and was living in a bedsit pretending he was a some high flying London based sale executive on various football forums.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, for_heaven's_Saint said:

Gonna take more than shitty Rishi to make the country support Leeds. 

Does anyone remember the legendary forum post on some fab website when they got relegated to league one and it was pages and pages from every random fan of a club in the country signing up to the forum to laugh at them? Hundreds of fans from all over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

Che also posted on Instagram, looks like he’s in full training:

Image-1.thumb.jpeg.1bdcea85d547b20f77acb2f72c238e6a.jpeg

Press conference is at 1:30pm so hopefully Russell confirms he’s all good to go, although he does like to keep his cards close to his chest. Surely he wouldn’t post this if he wasn’t fit and ready to go?

Wonder if we will find out about Ross Stewart too in the presser, not seen him in any of the pics or vids on socials. He needs to read the script, he’s supposed to score the winning goal on Sunday to make his transfer make sense!

Yep fingers crossed, looks like he'll be good. The script could be set for Che though, his last goal for us is one that takes us up.

The whole Stewart situation is pissing me off a bit, exactly the same happened when he made his tiny sub appearance in November - took a knock, vanished from training and wasn't seen again until May. It's getting to the stage now where we just have to move on from him for good, isn't it? I really hope the club don't have any daft ideas that we already have our 'Che' replacement in the building. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Yep fingers crossed, looks like he'll be good. The script could be set for Che though, his last goal for us is one that takes us up.

The whole Stewart situation is pissing me off a bit, exactly the same happened when he made his tiny sub appearance in November - took a knock, vanished from training and wasn't seen again until May. It's getting to the stage now where we just have to move on from him for good, isn't it? I really hope the club don't have any daft ideas that we already have our 'Che' replacement in the building. 

Prior to his achilles injury he was out for several months with a hamstring injury so by the time we start next season he won’t have played any meaningful football for 18 months. 

Strongly hope RM is considering the use of Bree as a front sweeper for this one, covering the entire width kf the pitch to stop their attackers.

----------McCarthy-------

KWP ----THB---JB-----JS

<<<<<<<<Breezy>>>>>>

-----Downes-----Safri-----

Brooks-------Arma-----Fraser

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Strongly hope RM is considering the use of Bree as a front sweeper for this one, covering the entire width kf the pitch to stop their attackers.

----------McCarthy-------

KWP ----THB---JB-----JS

<<<<<<<<Breezy>>>>>>

-----Downes-----Safri-----

Brooks-------Arma-----Fraser

Safri? Blimey, that's a blast from the past. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Russ just said Che and Ross are both back.

Great news about Che. Big question now is whether he starts or do we save him as an option off the bench?

I suspect probably the latter due to lack of training time, but will be a great option to have if things are not going out way.

• Like 1

I’m going with the official Saints travel coaches. Not done that since I joined something to do with Saints away support away travel back in the mid eighties. 
Anyone know if the coach quality has changed since then? Ie do they have usb sockets, wc facilities tv screens etc ? Or is it just the same old coaches ? 

Posted (edited)

The last away coach I went on was derby away in the playoff game. Had the dubious pleasure of viewing badboysaint's half naked obese body throughout the journey as he started fights with everyone. I heard he's in prison now which is the least surprising news ever. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Haha 1

......or is Che back? or is Stewart back? I sincerely hope so, but lets be honest, anyone can show them kicking a football in training gear and say what they want in a presser to confuse the opposition. The guy I think we have missed more that anyone is Stuey Armstrong. It felt like he was getting back to his best. Has there been any mention of him?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic