Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Given the number of goals we have conceded this season, that was an immense defensive performance.

Yep, and the best thing is I never really felt like Leeds would score. Given how many games I've watched this season where we looked like conceding every time the oppo attacked, that's very impressive.

Good to know we have that in us.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This is odd lol

He's best mates with one of our squad - I forget who but it was mentioned on TalkSport earlier.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This is odd lol

Best mates with David Brooks mate. It’s a thing him and his mates do watching each other. Was on talksport the other day 

Just now, SNSUN said:

He's best mates with one of our squad - I forget who but it was mentioned on TalkSport earlier.

Fair enough, I wondered when I saw it because I'd heard from a couple of different people that we're getting him on loan next season.

1 minute ago, SNSUN said:

Might be Brooks from his days at Bompey

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I told you all back in September I’d rather win in the play offs than come second again. Best way in the world to go up that 👏👏👏👏👏

Try telling my underpants that right now ☹️

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Try telling my underpants that right now ☹️

That’s what makes it so great

tense, right, winning at Wembley, getting a trophy and being able to be gracious but smug in victory in a bar full of Leeds fans. Who to be fair were properly sound, three or four of them shook my hand at the end and said we deserved it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

Aww Kat Liebherr there.

Was that Ralph Krueger there as well? I thought he had nothing to do with Club these days, but reasonably sure it was him (sort of hope it wasn't). 

Anyone else think singing "We Are The Champions" in the aftermath was pushing it a bit?? 😂

Great day.  Defended brilliantly so I was fairly relaxed throughout.  No bad performances either, and THB has now signed permanently!

• Like 2

Just now, Barsiem said:

Anyone else think singing "We Are The Champions" in the aftermath was pushing it a bit?? 😂

Great day.  Defended brilliantly so I was fairly relaxed throughout.  No bad performances either, and THB has now signed permanently!

Fans of every team that win something sing this to be fair. It's a given that you'll hear it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Yep, and the best thing is I never really felt like Leeds would score. Given how many games I've watched this season where we looked like conceding every time the oppo attacked, that's very impressive.

Good to know we have that in us.

Me too. The defence were immense. 😍them all…😇😊

• Like 2

Haven't had a chance to read others messages yet but just wanted to say - YEEEESSSSSS! - We;re Premier League, we're Premier Leeeague...wea re Southampton, we're Premier League...

...at least for a season 🙂

Well done Russel Martin and the whole team - that was a solid performance when it mattered most, even if we will gladly take the bit of luck you need to win these things as we had.

12 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Nah, celebrate these moments to the max. Never know when we'll get the chance again.

32 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

did the hordes of Leeds fans in the Saints end manage to stay quiet?

🤣

I was sat right next to one of the cunts 😂

He spent the whole match with his finger in his left ear. The saints fan (me) next to him was just too noisy. He loved having to celebrate and nipped off just before the final whistle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Hopefully there is unedited broadcast footage from after the final whistle, those adverts went on for fucking ages we missed loads.

The DAZN footage didn't break for ads. Great scenes, sorry to hear that Sky couldn't follow suit.

25 minutes ago, Turkish said:

That’s what makes it so great

tense, right, winning at Wembley, getting a trophy and being able to be gracious but smug in victory in a bar full of Leeds fans. Who to be fair were properly sound, three or four of them shook my hand at the end and said we deserved it.

Really good bunch, and loud as fuck too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DG said:

Heart still pumping like the clappers, will relax eventually, brilliant.

According to my Fitbit my normal resting heartbeat is around 60. Sitting at Wembley during the second half it went up to nearly 130!!!