Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Anyone else sat on their sofa blubbing like a schoolgirl, or just me...?

A bit much for promotion to a league we were in for eleven years and out for one, if I’m being honest.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So What we going to do about Martin in the premier League then we all know his style will get found out????........  Just kidding fair play he has proved me wrong and never have I been so happy to be proved wrong! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We've had so much shit to contend with and probably will next season, however, I hope everyone on here has a cracking party tonight. Looking forward to hating the Premier league next season.

Enjoy it everyone. 

• Like 5

I am allowed 7 units of booze between when I finish work tonight and my shift tomorrow. I will be consuming an entire bottle of Merlot, which is 10. I am risking my job by 3 units to celebrate this promotion tonight!!!

• Haha 2

We’ve just got to finish 4th bottom next season and we can build from there. It’s a lovely feeling for the moment and I’ll take it. Ask me again how I feel on New Years Day 2025 and we’ve had half a season back in the top flight.

• Like 2

Maybe it’s the free hospitality at Wembley talking , but I just want to say even though I’ve been his biggest critic in the past, McCarthy was brilliant in the playoffs.  I know this may be a cruel thing to say but maybe losing Bazunu was a blessing in disguise 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Maybe it’s the free hospitality at Wembley talking , but I just want to say even though I’ve been his biggest critic in the past, McCarthy was brilliant in the playoffs.  I know this may be a cruel thing to say but maybe losing Bazunu was a blessing in disguise 

Bazunu couldn’t have saved the shot from Daniel James

• Like 2

Just now, SNSUN said:

Farke saying they were the best team. Posesssionally, marginally sure, but we had more shots on target. Including the one that counted.

Of course he’s going to say that and I think he’s actually been really fair. Said we were just better defensively.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Farke saying they were the best team. Posesssionally, marginally sure, but we had more shots on target. Including the one that counted.

He's got to spin it to try and save his job now. 

20 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

YOU'RE NOT PLAYING US,
YOU'RE NOT PLAYING UUUUUS,
YOU DIRTY SKATE BASTARDS,
YOU'RE NOT PLAYING US

I hope we get drawn against them in both the FA Cup and the League Cup next season. They'll be hoping we don't.

Fantastic stuff. Incredibly stressful to watch, but gobsmacked how resolute we were in our defending.

Russell Martin - all is forgiven. He seems to be learning and what a time to add pragmatism to his football playbook.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

Am getting drunk as fuck, eating a burger and loving life 

Randy bo-bandy.

I may have a little drinkie myself.

• Like 1