Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

Wow. I have waited over 40 years for Saints to win in a meaningful final (sorry Johnstone's Paint Trophy, but...). Amazing feeling. At last. At bloody last!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

yes!

Well done lads!

We were resolute, in defending today.

Excellent performances.

Not at our best as we sacrificed a lot of our game to keep them clear. Even then, James nearly got them back into it.

Well done to Martin, who changed it up when we needed to get it over the line.

AA with another super performance. Strong at the back. KWP class with Downes as our engine. Will with lovely touches and Aribo. Fraser kept them narrow and sapped their energy. I thought we lost some momentum when Brooks went off. But we'd got the goal, and we're content to wait for a great chance.

Proud of our lads.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson
  • Like 2

Fair play to Russell Martin - adjusted his tactics, got it spot on and did Leeds 3 out of 3. We had the better chances and the slice of luck you need with the crossbar.

Fantastic achievement with the chaos of relegation.

• Like 10

I can finally say it now without fear of jinxing it - I was confident all day today that we would win, and when everyone else was saying "I can't see this finishing 1-0" I was actually certain that's how it would end up. A rare moment of clairvoyance from me.

Posted (edited)

Excuse me.

Can we go back to the Premier League, please?

Thank you so much.

😀😃🙂🙃😊😇😀😃

We did just enough. Would have preferred Saints to have put them to bed with a second, but that'll do me. It wouldn't be Saints otherwise.

Edited by Secret Site Agent
  • Like 1

Just now, trousers said:

Anyone else sat on their sofa blubbing like a schoolgirl, or just me...?

I'm getting a few odd looks from customers as they walk past my office here at Northfields whilst I cheer. I don't care.😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Spare a thought for Pompey on this dark day? no cup final for them next year 🤣

:mcinnes: 😀

To be fair bar Leeds fans and Skates fans I think most of everyone else was supporting Saints today. We re-paid their faith in us.

Well done boys. Gutsy performance but we limited them apart from the shot which hit the underside of the bar - when James hit that I thought it was going to nestle in the back of the net. Congrats to RM and his coaches. Great day for the club.

• Like 3