Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

On 18/05/2024 at 08:23, Turkish said:

its the first day of our holiday so an early start to watch it somewhere in Mexico.

I suspect quite a few fans will Feeling similar to me this morning, absolutely buzzing from last night but now although I really want us to win next Sunday I also don’t want promotion. 

Yeah I've been saying the same to all my mates who mostly support prem league teams. I used to feel sorry for Norwich being the ultimate premier league yo yo team. Now I'm quite jealous of them.

20 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

I can certainly live with another season in the championship, less so without THB, Downes and KWP. Three of the best players we've seen at our club the last few years

Yeah was thinking the same but flip side of that is we get all.our good players pinched anyway, either in championship or prem.

Lots of stats and records to be smashed on this game.

Leeds never won a play off final in i think 6 attempts is it?

We have never won a play off final.

This will be our 9th final of any kind (i think), and we have only won 2 of the other 8.

In a nutshell, Leeds cannot win play offs and we cannot win finals. Something has to give.

6 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

This will be our 9th final of any kind (i think), and we have only won 2 of the other 8.

In a nutshell, Leeds cannot win play offs and we cannot win finals. Something has to give.

Something has to give. And the other team will feel like they are forever cursed 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Pretty sure I saw a stat that said leeds haven’t lost a game this season where they took the lead - something like 27 games, 25 wins and 2 draws. So got to score first…

Though we’ve also dropped 20+ points from winning positions, so us scoring first doesn’t mean much.

Edited by ErwinK1961
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Pretty sure I saw a stat that said leeds haven’t lost a game this season where they took the lead - something like 27 games, 25 wins and 2 draws. So got to score first

Though we’ve also dropped 20+ points from winning positions, so us scoring first doesn’t mean much.

Haven’t we dropped the most points from winning positions ? 

52 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

hahahahahaha fairplay those made me chuckle.

Fortunately for the leeds fans they can enjoy our indepth technical analysis when @Wade Garrett explains it all.

Just read some of the posts on that link.  Fucking hell, they all think they’re Jimmy Hill.

Football is a simple game.  Just win the midfield battle and everything else falls into place.  
Give a yard to Gnonto and Summerville so they can’t turn us.  And get it in the fucking onion bag.  
Fuck me, the Jimmy Hiilitis is catching.  I sound like one of those Leeds know-all wankers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That Leeds forum was an interesting read. They certainly go in for discussing tactics, as opposed to our fixation on certain players.

Going to be a very cagey game on Sunday. Saints know how to beat Leeds, their supporters have pretty much laid it out as well.

Farke will have to try something different, they suggest Leicester's tactics, which is sensible seeing as how the the Foxes have handed our arses to us this year. However do Leeds have the players to play that way.

I fear the usual drama from Saints. Lots of slick play, majority of procession and then out of nowhere they gift Leeds a goal.

On the positive side, they looked good on Friday, so maybe those horrors are behind us.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, saints-til-i-die said:

I pray we get an anti Sunak chant going with the Leeds fans. I hate the thought they think he’s one of us. 

I pray politics and social issues are as far removed from football as they can possibly be.

• Like 19

6 hours ago, suewhistle said:

A simple chant of "Election Now!" would do me..

Yeah, I get you, although I’m not sure your Reform dream will happen this time round, but keep the faith. 

1 hour ago, macca155 said:

That Leeds forum was an interesting read. They certainly go in for discussing tactics, as opposed to our fixation on certain players.

Going to be a very cagey game on Sunday. Saints know how to beat Leeds, their supporters have pretty much laid it out as well.

Farke will have to try something different, they suggest Leicester's tactics, which is sensible seeing as how the the Foxes have handed our arses to us this year. However do Leeds have the players to play that way.

I fear the usual drama from Saints. Lots of slick play, majority of procession and then out of nowhere they gift Leeds a goal.

On the positive side, they looked good on Friday, so maybe those horrors are behind us.

Why would we want to give away our secrets on a public forum?

It wasn't that long ago, our chat of "injuries" at set times, got it's way into the press.

That's why we set up the invite only tactics sub forum, after all.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

Can I remind everyone that both teams are competing for the richest prize in world football - not having to play at Fratton Park next season

You jest, but it’s a serious point. For the record I’d prefer to be a yo-yo club than decomposing in the championship.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

It wasn't that long ago, our chat of "injuries" at set times, got it's way into the press.

I expect Leeds will be trying to hack into the heavily encrypted Circle  ️   of Trust  site.  

They do have some form for espionage and such underhand methods under Bielsa a few years ago of course. 

But perhaps Pilchards is already setting up camp in a tree overlooking their training ground . 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I went to the League Two playoff final today and the fan zone was boxpark, realistically I can only image 2k people would fit in there, so not really a great option. Do we have pubs allotted to us too?

59 minutes ago, Badger said:

I expect Leeds will be trying to hack into the heavily encrypted Circle  ️   of Trust  site.  

They do have some from for espionage and such underhand methods under Bielsa a few years ago of course. 

But perhaps Pilchards is already setting up camp in a tree overlooking their training ground . 

Trousers mexican holiday was a ruse and he's currently walking around Leeds with a whippet and flat cap and a countries supply of laxatives he will filter into the water system.

Dark arts 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Trousers mexican holiday was a ruse and he's currently walking around Leeds with a whippet and flat cap and a countries supply of laxatives he will filter into the water system.

Dark arts 

All of that is Trousers perfect holiday, game or no game. Oh how he fought that Mexican break. 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I hate disappoint you but I don't think our tactics are that secret. Not after 48 games.

5 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Here's a link to a Leeds forum discussing the build up. We get a couple of shout outs.

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46532&start=20

Re: Southampton pre match chat  Post by Sean_Nile » Sun May 19, 2024 8:37 am

They say it is good to know your enemy and with that in mind i looked at one Southampton forum and to my surprise it was bereft of any technical analysis.
Instead their two main concerns was satorial elegance, and the embarrassment of having Rishi Sunak as a supporter.
The red colour of their socks was of particular importance,and also the thought of joining with Leeds fans to develop a chant to remove Sunak from power.
It worked to get Ashley Barnes removed from the pitch so I am sure the Leeds fans could come up with something to force Rishi to resign.
Overall I was underwhelmed by the response of the Southampton fans on getting to Wembley, and if this reflects their commitment to win then we have nothing to fear.

Soft southern gits, thats what living on the south. coast does for you.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, macca155 said:

I hate disappoint you but I don't think our tactics are that secret. Not after 48 games.

I reckon that switch to 3 at the back took some by surprise, not least Leeds.

Our "guess cap'n shoehorn's position this week" posts offer another example.

And to be fair to Russ, he's being making some changes within his preferred set up, even if needed by available personnel. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Yeah, I get you, although I’m not sure your Reform dream will happen this time round, but keep the faith. 

You must be ++++ing joking. Right wing wotsits!

And anybody who says keep politics out of sport hasn't been paying attention! You can as easily keep politics out of sport as Southern Water can keep sewage out of our rivers..

The advantage of that particular chant is that it's not partisan. 😉

• Haha 2

Said we'd win fairly comfortably on Friday and I believe we'll also win at Wembley.

We've beaten them twice, if there's any fear it should be from their side, not ours.

It'll be a different type of game due to what's on the line, but I think we'll edge it. The first goal will be absolutely crucial. If we get it, their end will fall silent and we can play our possession game to frustrate them. 

The ramifications for the loser doesn't even warrant thinking about just yet, but obviously it will be catastrophic for either team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SfcPhil said:

Said we'd win fairly comfortably on Friday and I believe we'll also win at Wembley.

We've beaten them twice, if there's any fear it should be from their side, not ours.

It'll be a different type of game due to what's on the line, but I think we'll edge it. The first goal will be absolutely crucial. If we get it, their end will fall silent and we can play our possession game to frustrate them. 

The ramifications for the loser doesn't even warrant thinking about just yet, but obviously it will be catastrophic for either team.

Do the clubs involved still come to the agreement that the losers get all the proceeds from the game?

9 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The League 1 and 2 playoff finals were both won by the team with the lower position in the final league table.

And by the two teams that favour possession football... :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Just read some of the posts on that link.  Fucking hell, they all think they’re Jimmy Hill.

Football is a simple game.  Just win the midfield battle and everything else falls into place.  
Give a yard to Gnonto and Summerville so they can’t turn us.  And get it in the fucking onion bag.  
Fuck me, the Jimmy Hiilitis is catching.  I sound like one of those Leeds know-all wankers.

Is it full of TWar, Giosaint know it all bellends? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Dark arts 

Without saying too much to alert the old bill the DEF youth Yorkshire regiment have sown an additional stone island badge onto the other arm of their jumpers to look double hard and are currently waiting outside the Leeds training ground to make throat cutting gestures to the players as they arrive. That just for starters. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Without saying too much to alert the old bill the DEF youth Yorkshire regiment have sown an additional stone island badge onto the other arm of their jumpers to look double hard and are currently waiting outside the Leeds training ground to make throat cutting gestures to the players as they arrive. That just for starters. 

Double stone island badges - only the top boys …….

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic