Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

Defended very well, sitting deep in a back 5 and filling the space across the 18 yard box.

Armstrong is pulling their defence all over the place. Firpo looks like an accident waiting to happen.....

• Like 2

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Defended very well, sitting deep in a back 5 and filling the space across the 18 yard box.

Armstrong is pulling their defence all over the place. Firpo looks like an accident waiting to happen.....

Should have been booked for persistent fouling 

• Like 1

Hugely surprised by how blunt Leeds have been. We've not been amazing but we've been patient and we definitely grew into that half as it went on. We are in control, we just need to stay in control. 

I'll say it now - I think a Saints second goal ends this but I do think Leeds will come out in the second half all guns blazing.

Couldn't have wished for much more at half time though. 

• Like 2

Just now, Suhari said:

We've not played great at all. Just not on it.

But doing enough. Looking good going forward at times.

I'd be happier with Adams up front.

I don't agree with that. I think we've played very well - so have they. Two of the leagues best sides going head to head and attacking well. 

Stephens gave the ball away cheaply but cut it out after the first 20 minutes.

• Like 1

So far so good. We look more dangerous than them and have created more. Would like to see Aribo given a more wandering role - Wee Man is playing as an auxilliary full back so Aribo has no partner so maybe he should roam around a bit more.

Leeds had a stronger start. But we absorbed that, and caught them with all that crisp passing Martin has got them to do all season. We were on top, but dropped back a bit when Brooks went off. Really well worked free kick nearly got us a second. I wonder had Adams been on, that he'd have had the player's instinct to put it in. Downes did well stopping a counter. Lots of strong performances. A couple of worrying yellows.

But much, much rather be in our position than Leeds. Hopefully, they've faded a bit. Hopefully, we will be in a great position to take advantage if we're left with more gaps.

• Like 1

Great performance so far, and a deserved lead. We've defended well and not really allowed Leeds to get into any rhythm.

Not sure why the challenge that resulted in the Brooks injury wasn't a foul. Looked like a clear trip to me.

• Like 2

So far so good. Leeds had a lot of the ball but we look solid. We look really dangerous on the break. Going to be a long second half. Bednarek on a yellow which is a concern as the longer it goes 1-0 the more pressure we’ll be under 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Guarantee he gets his mate Manning on the pitch for a Wembley appearance.

With Fraser booked I almost guarantee it.

Great half Saints. Gave Leeds very few chances, no clear cut ones.  Very measured and sensible approach. Repeat second half please 🤞.

🎶🎶 We’re halfway there…ohhhh living on a prayer 🎶🎶🎶🎶. Go Saints 😇

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic