Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!

i desperately want i to win today and beat dirty Leeds BUT .........i will be sad to say goodbye to the championship , no VAR , winning games and good banter with good sides etc .......

Back to the greedy premiership , losing more games than we win , VAR and bigger teams stealing our players .........its kinda a win win really in my heart i want us to win ..BUT 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Ex Ringwood Saint said:

Crammed on the Basingstoke train.. Got on at fleet and great to see so many North Hampshire saints heading in! Even a few Leeds squeezed in... Going to be mad on Waterloo!

Bizarre how some of the trains are totally crammed and others (Just gone through Wimbledon, nice and relaxed in my seat) Are fine. 

This train was meant to be non stop to Waterloo but it made an alteration and stopped at Basingstoke to ease the burden for the next few trains through. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Did anyone else think the grass looked thick and the ball was running slowly yesterday? Wondered if they had purposely left it like that so it would survive better for two back to back games. Maybe they will mow it between the games?

Do we have a groundskeeper on Saintsweb? 

I noticed how thick it was and how many boot prints there were in the thick grass at the final whistle. I am in Scotland but I am with you in spirit all you fans en route to Wembley. Premier League here we come!!

Edited by Totton Saint

1 hour ago, charliemiller said:

i desperately want i to win today and beat dirty Leeds BUT .........i will be sad to say goodbye to the championship , no VAR , winning games and good banter with good sides etc .......

Back to the greedy premiership , losing more games than we win , VAR and bigger teams stealing our players .........its kinda a win win really in my heart i want us to win ..BUT 

Totally understand this point of view. I've really enjoyed the championship this season, probably helped by the fact that we've done well.

However I understand from the clubs point of view it is imperative that we get promotion so mixed emotions here.

• Like 1

1 hour and 15 minutes to go.

Have a good day all you travelling boys and girls.

Wish I was with you but just getting over a tear in my bowel caused by all the pressure (Only Joking).

Onwards and upwards I say 

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Totton Saint said:

Being of a certain age I got the joke.  How many othesr did?

The other Bicester-related joke that I like is that Charles Dickens originally pubished "A Tale of Two Cities" as a serial in two newspapers. It was the Bicester Times and the Worcester Times....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

First "final" I've missed in my lifetime (too young for the 1900/02 Cup Finals), hoping everyone at Wembley has a great day and we get one over on Dirty Leeds. Hoping we get it done without the need for ET and certainly not pens.

COYS

A rendition of Things Can Only Get Better (with the Leeds crowd) would be a nice touch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, charliemiller said:

For the third season running they'll be using VAR in the play off final. This is either going to be a good thing or a bad thing. 

Looking for signs... then I saw the ready meal I'll be having at work later and the word Southampton in anagram form stood out at me...

...then I spotted Leeds too so...

20240526_131949.thumb.jpg.3ed02a86cfe8156d2a8662712cfe627a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

CB Fry fans will be interested to know my car has broken down on the M1 south on the way to Wembley.

Just stood in the rain watching the Leeds coaches and cars with scarves fly by.

😫

You'll be pleased to know I made it! 

Thanks Green Flag and a tyre garage in Rugby....

• Like 10

And I'm off........ to work. Enjoy the game those of you that will be there. My prediction is that Leeds will get promoted but I think we'll make a fight of it. I've said all season Leeds attack is the best and I think they'll show it. Still a Saints goal to cheer will be nice!

Posted (edited)

No complaints with that!

Though that picture of Armstrong does make it look like he's been on the end of season booze.

Edited by CylonKing
Extra commentary on lineup

Smashed it at a mates birthday last night. Grabbed some of the leftover cask ale to make sure I'm match-sharp.

So cheers to us fans, and hats off to the guys up in London. Hope you have a great day.

COYRs!!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Southampton 1-0 Leeds - Saints are Promoted!!
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic